ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Set(O) ILR Checklist

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sm12
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Set(O) ILR Checklist

Post by sm12 » Fri May 18, 2018 7:13 pm

Thank you, Marcnath.

I just skipped the question on providing proof of absences, and just ticked other and explained I was not required to provide evidence as a Tier 1 Entrepreneur migrant. Did we have to explain further anything there?

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Tue May 29, 2018 3:47 pm

I applied a while ago but there's no sign of the biometric letter or acknowledgement letter yet. My extension leave has also expired in the meantime.
Should I be concerned or is it normal for them to take this much time before sending the letters for ILR?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue May 29, 2018 6:27 pm

sm12 wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 3:47 pm
I applied a while ago but there's no sign of the biometric letter or acknowledgement letter yet. My extension leave has also expired in the meantime.
Should I be concerned or is it normal for them to take this much time before sending the letters for ILR?
Has the payment been taken ?
I assume you sent it with proof of delivery ? As long as it has been delivered, you should be fine.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Tue May 29, 2018 6:43 pm

marcnath wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 6:27 pm
sm12 wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 3:47 pm
Has the payment been taken ?
I assume you sent it with proof of delivery ? As long as it has been delivered, you should be fine.
Yes, I sent it by special delivery and it was delivered the next working day.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Wed May 30, 2018 8:16 pm

Hi

There's something that I wanted to double check on the application after another applicant brought it up with me and I am a little confused.
In the table on page 39, did we have to fill up the information for investment and registration again and indicate that it was provided at the time of the extension?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed May 30, 2018 9:47 pm

sm12 wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 8:16 pm
Hi

There's something that I wanted to double check on the application after another applicant brought it up with me and I am a little confused.
In the table on page 39, did we have to fill up the information for investment and registration again and indicate that it was provided at the time of the extension?
That would have been good to do, but I don't think it is critical.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:37 pm

marcnath wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:47 am
sm12 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:45 am
Also, did we need to send the printouts from the Companies House beta page to show resignations, etc of officers, in addition to the downloaded/ordered Current Appointments Report from WebCheck?

Thank you.
You only need the filing history, which is part of CAR. There is no need to attach the individual documents.
Hi Marcnath

I was just putting away copies of the documents that I had sent. The filing history page says "Recent filing history" on the current appointments report. Is this ok (it actually seems to show the entire filing history, but still says recent filing history on top".)

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:47 pm

sm12 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:37 pm
marcnath wrote:
sm12 wrote:
Also, did we need to send the printouts from the Companies House beta page to show resignations, etc of officers, in addition to the downloaded/ordered Current Appointments Report from WebCheck?

Thank you.
You only need the filing history, which is part of CAR. There is no need to attach the individual documents.
Hi Marcnath

I was just putting away copies of the documents that I had sent. The filing history page says "Recent filing history" on the current appointments report. Is this ok (it actually seems to show the entire filing history, but still says recent filing history on top".)
Yes, this is fine

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:48 pm

marcnath wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:47 pm
sm12 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:37 pm
marcnath wrote:
sm12 wrote:

Thank you.
Hi Marcnath

Yes, this is fine
Thanks. I meant that it shows everything barring share allotments, which I think are not relevant so wouldn't affect the application?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:22 am

sm12 wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:10 am
Sorry for asking again about this, but what is the personal appointments history? Is the CAR enough to cover that?
That is the history of your appointment as a Director.
CAR covers that.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:29 am

Thank you, Marcnath.

They still haven't taken payment. Not sure what to do because the contact centre hasn't helped at all.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:27 pm

They received my application on the 14th and no news or payment. Would it be worthwhile also completing the online form and then paying online, followed by posting the printout with a cover letter explaining they have the documents and I've applied, but since they've not debited my account, I paid online and am sending the paper copy?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:30 pm

It can take a couple/few weeks. Be patient and wait.

No point applying 'online and paying' and then they debit your account anyway.

You have applied, just wait.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:39 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:30 pm
It can take a couple/few weeks. Be patient and wait.

No point applying 'online and paying' and then they debit your account anyway.

You have applied, just wait.
Hi CR001

Thank you for your message.
I'm worried that they'll reject my application as invalid and it'll be impossible to apply again as my leave expired a few days ago.
It seems from the timeline thread that they typically debit payments the next day, so it should have been on the 15th or a few days later.
That's why I was wondering if I should try the online route and explain they have my documents, etc.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:41 pm

Best would be to wait. If they have a problem with payment, they usually write to you and ask for alternative.

You might have complicated things by provided 2 card numbers, which was not necessary.

Have you contacted you bank to check if any payment attempt has been made? It is often banks fraud detection that blocks the payments.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:44 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:41 pm
Best would be to wait. If they have a problem with payment, they usually write to you and ask for alternative.

You might have complicated things by provided 2 card numbers, which was not necessary.

Have you contacted you bank to check if any payment attempt has been made? It is often banks fraud detection that blocks the payments.
I checked with the banks and no attempt has been made to take payment.
Do you think they would not take payment/reject the application if two payment methods were provided?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:45 pm

sm12 wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:44 pm
Do you think they would not take payment/reject the application if two payment methods were provided?
No!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:54 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:45 pm
sm12 wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:44 pm
No!!
I'm wondering if perhaps the application has been misplaced or something like that.
I called the helpline and they said they couldn't help and to wait. The official waiting period is a couple of weeks, but they usually seem to take payment pretty quickly, which is why I'm wondering if I should consider the online application and then sending it with a cover letter that they have my documents if I hear nothing by the end of this week.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:59 pm

Nothing you can do but wait.

You have applied already, no point applying online and paying when you have already sent your application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:13 pm

sm12 wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:27 pm
They received my application on the 14th and no news or payment. Would it be worthwhile also completing the online form and then paying online, followed by posting the printout with a cover letter explaining they have the documents and I've applied, but since they've not debited my account, I paid online and am sending the paper copy?
You have the delivery proof of the application. In fact, the only proof of the date of application needed is proof of posting.
If you apply now online and they take that as the valid application, it would be an out of time application.
So, as @CR001 has repeatedly said - just wait.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:17 pm

marcnath wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:13 pm
sm12 wrote:
You have the delivery proof of the application. In fact, the only proof of the date of application needed is proof of posting.
If you apply now online and they take that as the valid application, it would be an out of time application.
Thanks.
It's just really worrying that after 3 weeks, I've received no news at all.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:09 pm

Are photos, etc checked before or after payment?
Just wondering if it has anything to do with that.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:31 pm

marcnath wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:13 pm
sm12 wrote:
Hi Marcnath

Could you please share the address to which you posted documents while your application was in progress?
I am thinking of writing a letter to HO today and will send it both the Sheffield and the Durham addresses.

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sky_rise » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:48 pm

Hi i thought to share this as well - this is where they ask you to send supporting docs within 14 working days from the online submission (i did online Set o form):

Send this checklist and your documents to:
Tier 1 ILR
PO Box 3468 Sheffield
S3 8WA

hope is helps!
"Ask me, and I shall provide it"

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:41 pm

Good luck with your application! The wait is overwhelming n frustrating but plz don’t stress over it otherwise you’ll fall ill.
Read SET O guidance notes.
17. Contacting us after you have applied.
Hope this helps