ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa Refused, Urgent help needed

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ILR.dot.dot.dot

Visitor Visa Refused, Urgent help needed

Post by ILR.dot.dot.dot » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:28 pm

Hi All,

I am a British Citizen and I have applied for Standard Visitor Visa for my Sister, her husband and 2 kids in New Delhi India.
The Visa has been refused. The refusal letter for my sister says as below:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your Application for a visit visa to the United Kingdom has been refused.

The decision
I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph V4.2(a) and V4.2(c) of Appendix V Immigration Rules for Visitors because:

- You state that you wish to visit the UK for 14 days with your spouse and 2 children to visit your brother in the UK. I understand and accept that family visits are important and I have therefore carefully considered all of the elements of your application, weighing the importance of your proposed visit against the requirements of the Immigration Rules.

- I Acknowledge the supporting documents from your brother and that he has agreed to meet all the costs of your visit and those of your husband and 2 children. I am satisfied from the evidence provided with your application that has has the financial means to do so. However, I must assess the information you have provided about yourself separately from your sponsor's part of the application. It is your responsibility to satisfy me that your circumstance in India are such that if given leave to enter you will comply with all of the conditions attached to such leave and that you will leave the UK on completion of the proposed visit.

- I have considered the information you have provided about your personal and economic circumstances. You state in your application form that you are self-employed and a boutique dress designer with income of 255840 INR a year (approximately £3068 using the OANDA exchange rate on your date of application). I am not satisfied that your have provided adequate evidence to substantiate this income. I note that you have provided an Indian Income Tax Return for 2016-2017 stating that your annual income is 261070 INR (£3131) but the figure in this document appear to have been altered as the font for some of the figures is different. I am also not satisfied that your stated income is reflected in the financial evidence you have provided (account number ending in XXXX) where the deposits have either been low or exceeded your stated income (eg 100000 INR - approximately £1199 - was deposited on on 3 November 2016 and 200000 INR - approximately £2398 - was deposited in January 2017). I am not satisfied that you have satisfactorily demonstrated the origin of these funds which are not consistent with your stated income and that the financial evidence you have provided provides an accurate picture of your financial circumstances.

- All of above is relevant, as unambiguous evidence of your claimed employment, pattern of income or means of support is required to assess your situation in India. I am not satisfied from the evidence provided with your application that your circumstances are as stated. This casts doubt on your credibility and reasons for wishing to travel to the UK and I am not satisfied that you are a genuine visitor and would leave the UK at the end o f your visit. I am therefore refusing your application under paragraph V4.2 (a) and (c) of the UK Immigration Rules.

Future Applications:
Any future UK visa applications you make will be considered on their individual merits, however you are likely to refused unless the circumstances of your application change.
In relation to this decision there is no right of appeal or right to administrative review.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A series of mistakes have been made by case worker here.
1. Inadequate evidence of self-employed income - My sister has submitted a letter from her accountant confirming her income from self employment. 3 income tax returns of previous years have also been submitted to confirm her earnings from this self employment. She does home based dress designing - small business which is cash based. All this has been confirmed by her accountant in a letter. Whenever she has some amount to deposit in the bank she has deposited the money in the bank and same has been explained in the cover letter against the bank account transactions.

2. Income Tax Return 2016-17 - This is the original income tax return of last year (not current year). The Year 2016-17 does not mean that it has income from this year. It has income from last tax year and submitted after Mar -16 once the tax year end in Mar-16 (known as 2016-17 in India). We have clearly stated in the cover letter that this year's income tax return is yet to be filled after Mar-17.

3.The Font issue in Income Tax Return - We have submitted the original tax return issues by Income Tax department and it has the font they have used. I am not sure why we could be accused for different font used in the income tax return. We have submitted a letter from accountant who has also confirmed this earning. It seems the case worker has gone too far with the fonts here.

4. Explanation of the big amount deposited in the bank account: This comment has been made by the case worker. My sister has some cash surplus that she has built up in last few years that she lends to her connections and earns interest income on this money. This has clearly been explained in the application form, letter from accountant and in the cover letter. The transaction in question by the case worker have clearly been explained in the cover letter as the money that has been returned by those who have borrowed from her. There were many transactions where the similar amount of money has left from the bank account in last 6 months and clear explanation has been provided in the cover letter for each one of those. Not only that, there were income from the interest earned on this money landed to others that has come straight in bank account and have been clearly explained in the cover letter. A letter from accountant has been attached with the application that clearly explains that my sister lends money to others and earns interest on that money. What other evidence we could have provided of the money deposited in the bank account?

Looking at the above points, it seems that the case worker has clearly ignored the accountants letter, cover letter and overlooked at the application form. Not only that, the case workers has not understood the income tax return correctly.
Considering above, since it appears to be a clear mistake of the case worker, what options do I have (other than reapplying)? Our circumstances have not changes if we reapply and we do not have any additional document to support any of the above?
Can someone please help?

Thanks,
Jay

vinny

Re: Visitor Visa Refused, Urgent help needed

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:12 pm

For new Visitor applications, they have to acknowledge these refusals and explain all of the ECO's misconceptions. Point out any previously overlooked documents. Include any any additional supporting evidence to back this up.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ILR.dot.dot.dot

Post by ILR.dot.dot.dot » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:20 pm

vinny wrote:For new Visitor applications, they have to acknowledge these refusals and explain all of the ECO's misconceptions. Point out any previously overlooked documents. Include any any additional supporting evidence to back this up.
Can I not appeal on family grounds?
And even after reapplying and explaining all these issues, it can again be overlooked. It seems we are at the mercy of some Naa-kaabil case workers.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:32 pm

There are no appeal rights for visit visas and Article 8 doesn't apply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ILR.dot.dot.dot

Post by ILR.dot.dot.dot » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:41 pm

CR001 wrote:There are no appeal rights for visit visas and Article 8 doesn't apply.
This is so unfair.
This is a case of mistakes made by case workers and we need to pay the price of it and we may keep on paying until our luck strikes. Very angry...
:cry:

ILR.dot.dot.dot

Post by ILR.dot.dot.dot » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:47 pm

CR001 wrote:There are no appeal rights for visit visas and Article 8 doesn't apply.
Can I not take the matter to court in UK on my sister's behalf?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:49 pm

ILR.dot.dot.dot wrote:
No.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ILR.dot.dot.dot

Post by ILR.dot.dot.dot » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:57 pm

Casa wrote:
ILR.dot.dot.dot wrote:
No.
How about European court of justice?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:06 pm

On what basis? There is no 'human rights' issue here. You seem to be grasping at straws or any opportunity to launch legal action.

Suggest follow vinny's advice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Shand123
Newly Registered

Post by Shand123 » Mon May 08, 2017 4:42 pm

My wife and I have experienced similar refusal from the UK Immigration in chennai office in Hyderabad, INDIA. In March 2017, my wife invited her sister and her small family for a holiday, to visit us for 22 days. Their VISAs were refused. We RE-APPLIED covering ALL the issues raised in the first refusal. (I personally spent a week on the 2nd application with the help of a legal advisor). VISAs were refused again, with no right to appeal. Paid them ~£300 for 3 people. In total £600, not to mention the amount of time spent. We are facing discrimination or may be beloved for which we are paying for.

We both are in full time employment and have sufficient funds, accommodation etc. to look after them during their visit. Clearly demonstrating our willingness in our sponsorship documents. Her sister and her husband also work and have sufficient funds to cover the trip.

In summary: We made second 'Family' Visa application, covering all the issues raised in the first refusal. Visas were refused again, the second time. I am an Engineer running a business and my wife’s a Pharmacist. Our sponsorship/invitation was completely ignored and most ridiculous reasons given for the refusal. I strongly believe we are being discriminated and we are unable to hold the government accountable. There seems to be no accountability. The clearance officers are deliberately and blatantly ignoring the information presented in the documents. They are either unable to read, blind or deliberately doing this. They are giving petty and baseless reasons for refusals. In normal circumstances this would amount to as lying, deliberate incompetence, discrimination, prejudice and other such words. (Can't think or a correct word).

Since our experience, we have come across many others who have faced similar refusals from this department. A blanket refusal statement states “NOT SATISFIED YOU ARE A GENIUNE VISITOR WHO WILL LEAVE THE UK AT THE END OF YOUR VISIT” Furthermore....”There is no right of appeal or right to administrative reviews” . How the hell do they come to this conclusion?? Are they blind, not been able to read what’s presented to them. There seems to be no accountability.

We have in the past sponsored many of our relatives, for a short holiday, including my in-laws, cousins and friends without any problem. However, since Brexit and Theresa May, it seems there’s been drastic changes in the immigration policies which are discriminatory towards Indians and people from the subcontinent.
I have written to my MP, who advised I should go to Citizen Advise. I have consulted a CAB adviser who was quite shocked reading the refusal letters and the supporting documents. He has written back to the MP, unfortunately the Parliament has been dissolved. We are unable to do anything about this. It seems the British government has adopted Trump’s policies without tweeting them.

I WOULD ADVISE THE ALL WRITE TO THEIR M.Ps AND DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER.

I AM WILLING TO COLLECT FURTHER DATA FROM ANYONE WHO HAS RECEIVED SUCH REFUSALS AND MAY BE HOLD THE GOVERNMENT ACCOUNTABLE. IF WE HAVE HIGH ENOUGH NUMBERS WE COULD GO TO THE COURT. THESE RIDICULOUS REFUSALS ARE TOTALLY BASELESS AND AMOUNTS TO CORRUPTION IN THE UK IMMIGRATION DEPT.

DO NOT GO TO A LAWYER INDIVIDUALLY. THEY WOULD JUST CHARGE BY AN HOUR AND ASK YOU TO RE-APPLY. WOULDN’T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE OTHER THAN WASTE MONEY. MAY BE IF 10 OF 20 OR MORE OF US APPROACH WE MAY BE ABLE TO GET SOME LEVERAGE.

MY EMAIL: email address removed by moderator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 08, 2017 4:49 pm

Shand123 wrote:MY EMAIL: email address removed by moderator
I strongly suggest you read the forum T&Cs if you expect to continue being a member of immigrationboards.com

You are newly registered, the correct way would be to start your OWN topic with the exact refusal reason and list of documents your family submitted.

This has nothing to do with Brexit but due to many abusing the visit visas and processes and NOT leaving the UK and unfortunately it is mostly USA and the sub continent citizens and certain African country citizens that are the guilty culprits in making it so difficult for everyone else.

It is not discrimination by HO/UKVI, not matter how you wish to think it is.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

lunatfr

Post by lunatfr » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:13 pm

I am going through a similar situation. The reason are so silly, make me think whether they have actually looked at proof attached. Are you guys getting together to make a complaint? I would be keen on supporting as its the 2nd time in last 2 years that someone has been unfairly rejected :|