ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR to British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Harry-ILR
Newly Registered
India

Re: ILR to British Citizenship

Post by Harry-ILR » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:37 pm

TheRock9 wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:23 pm
Harry-ILR wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:18 pm
I am making my application online and I believe that, for NDRS I'll have to call council and book an appointment right ?
Hi,

Yes call your council and book an appointment first before making a final payment. The reason is because you have to submit the application within 10 days of submitting the application online.

I will say it will be good idea to apply Passport application along with naturalisation.

I hope that will help

Thanks
Ok so I'll call council first and book an appointment. Don't I have to take the online application with me to show them - Print out ?

TheRock9
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by TheRock9 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:01 pm

Harry-ILR wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:37 pm
TheRock9 wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:23 pm
Harry-ILR wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:18 pm
I am making my application online and I believe that, for NDRS I'll have to call council and book an appointment right ?
Hi,

Yes call your council and book an appointment first before making a final payment. The reason is because you have to submit the application within 10 days of submitting the application online.

I will say it will be good idea to apply Passport application along with naturalisation.

I hope that will help

Thanks
Ok so I'll call council first and book an appointment. Don't I have to take the online application with me to show them - Print out ?
Yeah you have to take the online application, along with other documents mentioned the check list as well as two referees signed form.

Once you will pay, the system will tell you which documents to submit.

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

Harry-ILR
Newly Registered
India

Post by Harry-ILR » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:11 pm

Thanks TheRock9

What shall I do If I don't have most recent tax year account statement. Can I request that ? I do receive docs from HMRC for my company. If I attach something close to what is being asked in check list. Will it work or ask my accountant ?

TheRock9
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by TheRock9 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:17 pm

Harry-ILR wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:11 pm
Thanks TheRock9

What shall I do If I don't have most recent tax year account statement. Can I request that ? I do receive docs from HMRC for my company. If I attach something close to what is being asked in check list. Will it work or ask my accountant ?
Hi,

I am not sure whether you have to submit any documents related to your company. I am employed and the only thing they asked was about my employer and there details.

I am not sure about Self Employed or Director of a Ltd company.

I believe some senior member should reply to your query.

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

Harry-ILR
Newly Registered
India

Post by Harry-ILR » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:58 pm

Hello Gurus,

There is no Dates in next 2-3 weeks so can I send my application and docs without going through NDRS / NDR etc...or is it compulsory to verify with the local councils before send to HO ?

When HO return my docs like passport/BRP etc...

And When it comes to referees. I have my friends one employed as an accountant and one who's own business. Both of them BC, Will it be OK ?

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:56 pm

Harry-ILR wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:58 pm
Hello Gurus,

There is no Dates in next 2-3 weeks so can I send my application and docs without going through NDRS / NDR etc...or is it compulsory to verify with the local councils before send to HO ?

When HO return my docs like passport/BRP etc...

And When it comes to referees. I have my friends one employed as an accountant and one who's own business. Both of them BC, Will it be OK ?
Its not compulsory to go through NDRS but the advantage is you get to keep the originals.
Have you tried nearby councils?

Harry-ILR
Newly Registered
India

Post by Harry-ILR » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:00 pm

thanks for your reply.

I did try one council but slots are available after 25th of June. I'll try others on monday but if I don't get close dates then I was thinking to send without verifying it.

What original docs I'll keep after sending the application and verified with Council only passport right ?

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:16 pm

Passports, English language proof etc.
the only original NCS would send is LIUK.

I think its worth if you get an appointment in a council within the hour's commute.

Harry-ILR
Newly Registered
India

Post by Harry-ILR » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:24 pm

Will I get back BRP card back as well ? If yes then I'll be happy to go to nearest council and verify them. I'll try Monday and see If I can get one....

Can I travel if I have my original docs back specially passport and BRP card.

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:40 am

Harry-ILR wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:24 pm
Will I get back BRP card back as well ? If yes then I'll be happy to go to nearest council and verify them. I'll try Monday and see If I can get one....

Can I travel if I have my original docs back specially passport and BRP card.
I could keep my BRP when I used NCS (paper form).
So I would imagine it's same with NDRS (online).

Harry-ILR
Newly Registered
India

Post by Harry-ILR » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:37 am

For online application it is NDRS. I have just called the Haringey council and slots are available. I'll go ahead and book it.

And for the passport application same time submitting. Is this the form I need to go through ?

https://passportapplication.service.gov.uk/ips-olc/

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:38 am

If you have 12 months + , and do not not have any traffic offense more than 1 with in last 12 months then It is always better to apply ASAP once you qualify.

1 - You can't predict any fee change due to Brexit uncertainty.

2 - Also now a days , mostly straight forward cases get approvals with in 45-60 days. so also better to get chance for HO new policy of standardization.
Khurram

adkenneth02
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by adkenneth02 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:09 pm

Does anyone know where I can find the fees for using NCS to apply for BC and passport.
Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:30 pm

adkenneth02 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:09 pm
Does anyone know where I can find the fees for using NCS to apply for BC and passport.
Many thanks
1. Kindly start your own topic instead of tagging onto another members thread.

2. You need to contact whichever council you plan to use. These are NOT fees stated by HO but council decided fees and they vary from council to council.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Harry-ILR
Newly Registered
India

Post by Harry-ILR » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:14 pm

Hello Gurus,

Can you check the below required documents. They've not asked me for degree certificate.

- The passport issued by xxx for xxx. - Passport
- Life in the UK Test pass notification - Certficate
- Proof of living in the UK for xxx - Is this BRP card / passport ?
- xxx proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions - Is this BRP card / passport ?
- Two referee declarations for xxx - Signed the declarations form by referees
- xxx evidence of identity - Is this BRP card / passport ?
- xxx most recent tax year account statement and corresponding HMRC tax return as proof of self-employment - Do I need this one ?
- Current Biometric Residence Permit for xxx - BRP card

I've also requested Nationality document return service (NDRS) to council which will happen on Monday and beside I've also filled passport application form online and got confirmation email. I guess, I can submit it with my BC application right ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:11 am

Harry-ILR wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:14 pm
Hello Gurus,

Can you check the below required documents. They've not asked me for degree certificate.

- The passport issued by xxx for xxx. - Passport
- Life in the UK Test pass notification - Certficate
- Proof of living in the UK for xxx - Is this BRP card / passport ?
- xxx proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions - Is this BRP card / passport ?
- Two referee declarations for xxx - Signed the declarations form by referees
- xxx evidence of identity - Is this BRP card / passport ?
- xxx most recent tax year account statement and corresponding HMRC tax return as proof of self-employment - Do I need this one ?
- Current Biometric Residence Permit for xxx - BRP card

I've also requested Nationality document return service (NDRS) to council which will happen on Monday and beside I've also filled passport application form online and got confirmation email. I guess, I can submit it with my BC application right ?
You cannot use the online passport application form for joint applications. You MUST complete the paper form and fee sheet.

Online passport form is ONLY for once you are already British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Harry-ILR
Newly Registered
India

Post by Harry-ILR » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:06 am

Will I lose my fees now as the application has been submitted ?

Harry-ILR
Newly Registered
India

Post by Harry-ILR » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:55 am

Harry-ILR wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:06 am
Will I lose my fees now as the application has been submitted ?
Has anyone came across before ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:59 am

If there is a means to cancel it, you will need to as your application will be refused as you are not British yet.

Whether you get your money back, I don't know. Contact HMPO and ask.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Harry-ILR
Newly Registered
India

Post by Harry-ILR » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:38 pm

Thanks CR001,

I spoke to someone at Passport office, He's suggested that leave your online passport application open for now until you receive your naturalisation certificate. Once you received it, Let the passport office know. Generally you have to inform within 90 days and if they don't hear from the applicant then they send a letter to close your application.

I'll lose my fees If I don't receive my Naturalisation certificate within 90 days.

I am going to send the passport application declaration form separately as suggested by him.