ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family of EEA National Child

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alphaherts
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Family of EEA National Child

Post by alphaherts » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:51 am

Hi,

I would like you help on understanding visa requirements for Parents & Siblings of EEA National Child.
Please find below information related to applicants

1. EEA National Child hold Greece Passport, Age 8 Years - Born in Greece.
2. Both Parents are Pakistan National (Born in Pakistan).
3. Two Brothers, both are Pakistan National (one born in Greece (Age:12), one born in Pakistan(Age: 13).
4. All are living in Greece.

Please advise, if Parents & Brothers of EEA National can apply visa for UK under EEA family members? if yes which form they have to use or under what category they have to apply?

I will appreciate your kind help.

secret.simon

Re: Family of EEA National Child

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:23 pm

Apply for a derivative Residence Card

Derivative Rights - guidance

The application will come under the category of Chen rights.

The whole family, including the EEA citizen child, will need to move to the UK and be resident in the UK. Comprehensive Sickness Insurance (essentially private health insurance) will be required for the whole family, including the EEA citizen child.

Derivative residence rights do not lead to permanent residence, therefore the parents' and other siblings right to reside in the UK will only last while the EEA citizen child is both under the age of 18 AND has legal residence in the UK.

Be aware that the future of derivative residence rights is unclear after Brexit. You may wish to consider other countries in the EEA to settle in. Norway, for instance, has a thriving Pakistani community.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Family of EEA National Child

Post by Obie » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:57 pm

There is no indication from reading this thread whether the child in question is in the UK.

Chen is not a straight forward matter. Does the parents have sufficient resource and medical insurance.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors