ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Entry Denied EU4FAM HELP PLZ!!!!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Malik10991
Mood:
Ireland

UK Entry Denied EU4FAM HELP PLZ!!!!

Post by Malik10991 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:14 pm

Hi Folks,
I have a very bad situation my father is a British National and mother was recently granted EU4FAM for 5 years. Now I have read this a many times that one does not need a visa to enter the UK as long as they are traveling with their partner. However, my parents were stopped at the Belfast airport and my mother was questioned rather than the UKBA people issuing her with an entry visa they instead deported her to Ireland :cry: . They told my mother since she is a non-EU national she needs a visa to enter the UK. My mother said that they were under the impression that they will be given a visa at the port of entry giving the fact that she was traveling with her husband and they had their marriage certificate and other documentation. To which UKBA replied by saying that this only applies to Schengen countries. Also, they took her fingerprints and said this biometric evidence will be kept on record for 10 years. They did not put any stamp or anything in the passport and she was also told that if she wants to come to the UK she need to apply for a Visa which means she was not banned or anything.
Now, the question is how serious is this issue? One of my brothers lives in the UK and my mother wanted to visit him besides this we have other relatives we often visit. So, is there any way that my mother could still travel by applying for the UK visa?
if yes then what kind of VISA EU family Permit or Visit?
Are there any other known implications?
Thank you all for your help any reply will be immensely appreciated.

PasadenaTom
United States of America

Re: UK Entry Denied EU4FAM HELP PLZ!!!!

Post by PasadenaTom » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:31 pm

I am not an expert on this by any measure. But if I read this article correctly https://www.rte.ie/news/2014/1218/667638-eu-court-visa/, they should not be doing this. It says:

"The EU's supreme court said the UK government can no longer require entry visas in advance for non-EU citizens who are family members of EU citizens and hold residence rights in other EU states".

Once Brexit is completed, this likely will change. But for now, I would expect that the UK needs to abide by this 3 year old court decision. I don't know what you can do to challenge this, other than to find legal representation from someone with expertise in such matters.

malik0543

Re: UK Entry Denied EU4FAM HELP PLZ!!!!

Post by malik0543 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:13 pm

Malik10991

Hi dont worry, i know some one who had same issue, UKBA staff is now permanent deployed at Belfast airport, you should challenge this decision,take them to court.

legally they cannot stop you parents, as one of them is EU national and other is non eu spouse,

furthermore if you want to bring your mother back to UK, you have three ways.

1. apply EEA famiy permit
2. Travel from Dublin airport to Manchester or Luton etc ( use air lungs)
3. By car ( ferry) not on foot.

Once your mother arrived in UK, you can apply for EEA residence card under Surnder Singh route.

Hope it helps.