ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help - ILR query regarding eligibility of Spouse

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vijier1
Newly Registered

Please help - ILR query regarding eligibility of Spouse

Post by vijier1 » Thu May 01, 2008 4:04 pm

Hi,
Sorry….if this question was asked before. But, I couldn’t locate the thread which has answer to this…so, please forgive me if its been asked here before.

I am working in UK since June 2003 and I will be eligible for ILR in May 2008. I was on WP for 4 years and switched over to HSMP last year. I have been on employment all these years. I got married in Sep 2004 and my spouse came over to UK in June 2005. He has travelled to India very frequently and in the past one year - he was out of UK for almost 6 months ( for 2 months from Sep'07-Nov'07) and then for 4 months (Dec'07 - Apr'08).

I am a bit worried about his ILR process - Could someone please clarify if he will be eligible for the ILR provided he qualifies the Life in UK test?

I would be very grateful, if someone could clarify this.

Many thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri May 02, 2008 12:13 am

There's no harm including him with your settlement application (196E).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vijier1
Newly Registered

Post by vijier1 » Fri May 02, 2008 10:27 am

Thanks very much Vinny. The information is very very helpful.

Thanks a lot again.