ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Small crisis in obtaining documents

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lentilsoup14
Newly Registered
United States of America

Small crisis in obtaining documents

Post by lentilsoup14 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:25 am

My husband and I are applying for a tier 2 general visa to move from the US to the UK. He works in education so he needs a background check. The FBI website says we have to send fingerprints by mail to WV and upon receipt of said fingerprints, it takes 3-5 days to process and they do not expedite. Today is Sunday and we are leaving the US on Saturday. We are applying for the visa from Australia because we will be there for a short time before heading to the UK so this is our last 6 days in the US. We will also need background checks from Australia since he is a citizen there and that takes even longer. Since we will only be in Australia for about a week and were planning on having our application expedited, this is a bit of a disaster. I'm assuming our application will be turned down without the background check.

For some reason, I thought we could just walk into a police station and pick one up. :oops: Does anyone know if there's anything we can do at this point to fix this situation?