ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return of passport after applying for the Residency card (EEA Family member)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anastasialomonovich
Newly Registered

Return of passport after applying for the Residency card (EEA Family member)

Post by anastasialomonovich » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:41 pm

Hi All,

Please, advise on the following.

I have applied for a residency card and already got my confirmation letter stating the right to work. Is it ok to ask to return my passport, or is it safer to wait till the decision is made?

thanks!

Cam123
United Kingdom

Re: Return of passport after applying for the Residency card (EEA Family member)

Post by Cam123 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:28 pm

You can ask for your passports to be returned and it will not affect the application process, and while filling the form online, it will ask you that Would you like to withdraw the application, make sure to click No...

anastasialomonovich
Newly Registered

Re: Return of passport after applying for the Residency card (EEA Family member)

Post by anastasialomonovich » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:43 am

Thank you!

Will I need to return it back after my trip?

And another question - is there any email I could use to contact Home Office? The thing is that I hold another passport I could travel with, but my EEA FP is obviously in the one sent with my application. So, I wonder whether I could travel with this another passport and the letter certifying my application (guess, no:)

thanks!

Cam123
United Kingdom

Post by Cam123 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:32 pm

You have to fill that form
https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml

You don’t need to return it once received.

You need that passport which has EEA FP on it.