ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mandatory Funds Requirement - Claiming points through UK Ban

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iluvuparis

Mandatory Funds Requirement - Claiming points through UK Ban

Post by iluvuparis » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:29 pm

Dear All,

I was in UK on deputation for the whole of last year. Currently am back in India. However my Indian earnings is more than enough to claim points under past earnings section. But for the Mandatory Funds reqt, i understand we need to show a bank balance of 2800GBP for the last 3 months period. However i dint maintain that amt in my indian bank acct (where my indian salary is being credited). Buthe the same amt is available in my UK acct covering the last 3 months cycle.

Can i show the UK bank statement to prove that i've sufficient funds - provided am claiming Past earnings points only through Indian earnings (Indian Payslips, Indian Bank account).

Plesae help me in this. I'm totally confused.

Regards

vnvijay

Re: Mandatory Funds Requirement - Claiming points through UK

Post by vnvijay » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:03 pm

Pls go ahead, if you need to more info contact ur VFS.

If you read the guidance, its states you need have a balance of 2800 pounds in the bank account. They are not worried about if it is an Indian bank or UK.

VJ

iluvuparis wrote:Dear All,

I was in UK on deputation for the whole of last year. Currently am back in India. However my Indian earnings is more than enough to claim points under past earnings section. But for the Mandatory Funds reqt, i understand we need to show a bank balance of 2800GBP for the last 3 months period. However i dint maintain that amt in my indian bank acct (where my indian salary is being credited). Buthe the same amt is available in my UK acct covering the last 3 months cycle.

Can i show the UK bank statement to prove that i've sufficient funds - provided am claiming Past earnings points only through Indian earnings (Indian Payslips, Indian Bank account).

Regards

HSMP_India
Newly Registered

Post by HSMP_India » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:27 pm

How old can the bank statement be? can it be older by 2/3 weeks?

cooldude143

Post by cooldude143 » Thu May 01, 2008 5:33 am

I am sorry to say that you can't claim your indian earnings in indian band since you stayed in UK.You have to claim against UK band.
You can claim addition of indian salary and UK earnings, but for both you need to produce the tax statements.

shubi81

Re: Mandatory Funds Requirement - Claiming points through UK

Post by shubi81 » Thu May 01, 2008 8:18 am

Vijay ,
can online statements of a UK bank be considered for maintenance fund ?My case is also similar to iluvuparis . Again , that particular bank keeps only last 3 transactions , dating the oldest one to 3/3/08 . I am going to apply for Tier 1 most prob in 1st week of May from India ..will it be okay to provide that bank's statement ?? Pls let me know . I think, we can provide a cheque in addition to the online statement to verify the authenticity ...wht say ?

Thanks
Shubi
vnvijay wrote:Pls go ahead, if you need to more info contact ur VFS.

If you read the guidance, its states you need have a balance of 2800 pounds in the bank account. They are not worried about if it is an Indian bank or UK.

VJ

iluvuparis wrote:Dear All,

Regards

Salina
BANNED

Post by Salina » Thu May 01, 2008 6:09 pm

HSMP_India wrote:How old can the bank statement be? can it be older by 2/3 weeks?
Better if u got a week old.

shubi81

Post by shubi81 » Thu May 01, 2008 6:32 pm

do u mean 1 week older than 3/3/08 ? but still it wont show all the transactions for Feb ..

I think, we need to prove that , the balance doesn't fall below 2800 gbp after any transactions
Salina wrote:
HSMP_India wrote:How old can the bank statement be? can it be older by 2/3 weeks?
Better if u got a week old.

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Thu May 01, 2008 7:10 pm

Given on the BIA website: "For example, if you apply under Tier 1 (General) on 12 June, a single bank statement with a closing balance of £800 dated between 12 May and 12 June will meet the maintenance requirements. A bank statement dated before 12 May will not be acceptable".
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... intenance/

So a statement dated within the preceding 30 days / 1 month from the date of application will suffice.

regards