ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ECM Finally agree to review our case

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ballmigirl17
Albania

Re: ECM Finally agree to review our case

Post by Ballmigirl17 » Fri May 18, 2018 10:31 am

Hi All

we have a court date for 3 weeks time, i am over the moon nervous scared and everything all at once!

Ballmigirl17
Albania

Post by Ballmigirl17 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:59 am

appeal allowed :D :D :D :D

shakula123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by shakula123 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:06 am

Congratulations!! I've been following your case and was hoping for the best for you.

Fantastic news!!

Ballmigirl17
Albania

Post by Ballmigirl17 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:18 am

shakula123 wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:06 am
Congratulations!! I've been following your case and was hoping for the best for you.

Fantastic news!!
Thank you!! it means a lot xx

Katie_France
Russia

Post by Katie_France » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:04 pm

Ballmigirl17 wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:59 am
Congratulations Ballmigirl17!!!

Ballmigirl17
Albania

Post by Ballmigirl17 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:10 pm

Katie_France wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:04 pm
Ballmigirl17 wrote:
thank you katie!! xx

imran321
United Kingdom

Post by imran321 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:18 pm

Ballmigirl - well done! I've been reading your comments and the difficulties you've had... and I'm so happy for you! Prayers are with you... good luck!! Hope it all works out for all of us soon IA.

Ballmigirl17
Albania

Post by Ballmigirl17 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:06 pm

imran321 wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:18 pm
Ballmigirl - well done! I've been reading your comments and the difficulties you've had... and I'm so happy for you! Prayers are with you... good luck!! Hope it all works out for all of us soon IA.
thank you so much, the worst thing about it all was that the 9 months of hell we have been put through was all resolved in just over 10 mins!!! ridiculous but im so glad it is over now!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:58 pm

@Ballmigirl17

Many congratulations on success. Since your thread is so long to read so can you write down precisely the course of action you undertaken to get success in short summary.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Jedai Prince
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jedai Prince » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:51 am

Ballmigirl17 wrote:
congratulations Ballmigirl17!! I am so happy for you, finally the long wait is over for you and and its time to rejoice.

I have emailed my complain to ukvi, still waiting for their response, I might threaten them with parliamentary ombudsman and will also go ahead with my appeal process asa well as ask my MP to enquire about my case.

Ballmigirl17
Albania

Post by Ballmigirl17 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:22 am

Jedai Prince wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:51 am
Ballmigirl17 wrote:
congratulations Ballmigirl17!! I am so happy for you, finally the long wait is over for you and and its time to rejoice.

I have emailed my complain to ukvi, still waiting for their response, I might threaten them with parliamentary ombudsman and will also go ahead with my appeal process asa well as ask my MP to enquire about my case.
Heya, Thank you so much!!

Yes please follow up with UKVI, ombudsman and MP its a hassle but when you have done nothing wrong you have to fight for it! its worth it in the end x

Ballmigirl17
Albania

Post by Ballmigirl17 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:26 am

seagul wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:58 pm
@Ballmigirl17

Many congratulations on success. Since your thread is so long to read so can you write down precisely the course of action you undertaken to get success in short summary.
Hi Seagul, thanks alot :D

A short summary might be difficult but i will try!

• 26th September 2017 fiancé visa application submitted for my partner to come here as my fiancé so we can get married in the UK.

• Visa application refused 13th December 2017 on the basis that I as the sponsor didn't meet the financial requirement and that bills were not submitted to prove we lived together therefore our relationship wasn’t considered genuine. (all relevant documents were submitted to prove my income of £19,500 and bills were also submitted)

• Solicitor asked the Home Office (HO) to reconsider their decision the day after the refusal but this has never been acknowledged. Solicitor lodged our appeal on 18th December.

• My local MP had contacted the HO who had refused to review the decision outside of appeal procedures.

• Both myself and fiancé made a complaint to the home office due to their incompetence, they refused to speak to me as I am not the applicant and refused him because he was out of country We threatened the home office with the ombudsman as we couldn’t make a formal complaint to which they finally agreed to review the decision 27th February.

• 3rd May 2018 review completed by the HO but they had maintained the refusal, on the financial requirement but now stated they believed our relationship and no mention of the "bills they would have expected to see"

• We submitted 3 expedite request to the court on the basis of my mental health deterioration which were refused. After a complaint to the resident judge about how previous judges had treated my mental health, lead to our case finally being expedited.

• 6th June 2018, our hearing took place, HO never showed up or submitted a bundle. Judge determined we could go ahead with the case as all our documents were intact, and after 10 mins of a 9 month journey to hell, the Judge allowed our appeal as he found I did meet the requirements and it was really obvious that i did.

Hope thats everything!

rijab
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by rijab » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:10 pm

my husband have applied for me on 20 march 2017
biometric date: 27/3/2017
visa refused :21 nov 2017
appealed:4 december 2017
ECM review deadline:11 June 2018
do pray for me i want to join my partner. :cry:

Ballmigirl17
Albania

Post by Ballmigirl17 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:46 am

rijab wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:10 pm
Hi, sorry to hear this, today is your deadline so hopefully you hear soon!

what was the reasons for refusal if you dont mind me asking?

rijab
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by rijab » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:34 am

Ballmigirl17 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:46 am
rijab wrote:

i was refused because they haven't checked my documents carefully or may be misplaced some of them. according to them we have sent 3 pages of our whats app messages and 15 lyca mobile call list."they said in 2 years of marriage we should provide more evidence of relationship.we have sent pics , messages , cards , calls list and a bundle of pages of whats app conversation n lyca mobile calls list."

rijab
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by rijab » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:00 pm

Ballmigirl17 wrote:
rijab wrote:

can u plz tell me do the ECM really follows review deadline?

Ballmigirl17
Albania

Post by Ballmigirl17 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:15 pm

rijab wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:00 pm
Ballmigirl17 wrote:
rijab wrote:

Hiya, seems like another case like mine where they have just refused simply because they couldn't be bothered to do the job properly. alot of that going on these last few years!

I can be honest with you and say im not sure about ECM timelines, ours was 29th June but we had our case expedited because I was suffering immensely (mentally) - but that didn't come easy it took aqbout 4 times before we was taken seriously

I did however do some digging and found that home office rarely follow any deadlines given to them. In some cases, they dont even bother to review and the matter just goes straight to court. We pushed the ECM for a review via complaints and ombudsman etc, they had agreed to review before we even got our notice of appeal but even still didn't look at it properly because they still refused us. but again another fight that didn't come easy. Its a hard wait i know that better than anyone

I really hope they sort it out for you soon. I wish there was something i could do to help, because i really wouldnt wish this pain on anyone. :(

vetri81082
India

Post by vetri81082 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:35 pm

Katie_France wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:04 pm
Ballmigirl17 wrote:
Hello Karie_France,

Please do read my story. You wanted me to go for fresh application and agreed with londener views and opinion. Well the end of the story is i win the battle. I am a Libran ;-) i did it with out spending a penny.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:37 pm

I stopped writing in this forum, but had to comment and say: Alhamdulilah - you have finally got the decision you should have got a long time ago. Verily, with hardship comes ease!

All the best for the future.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Ballmigirl17
Albania

Post by Ballmigirl17 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:55 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:37 pm
I stopped writing in this forum, but had to comment and say: Alhamdulilah - you have finally got the decision you should have got a long time ago. Verily, with hardship comes ease!

All the best for the future.
Thank you Londoner

It means alot! xx

rijab
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by rijab » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:10 pm

Ballmigirl17 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:15 pm
rijab wrote:
Ballmigirl17 wrote:
rijab wrote:

Hiya, seems like another case like mine where they have just refused simply because they couldn't be bothered to do the job properly. alot of that going on these last few years!

I can be honest with you and say im not sure about ECM timelines, ours was 29th June but we had our case expedited because I was suffering immensely (mentally) - but that didn't come easy it took aqbout 4 times before we was taken seriously

I did however do some digging and found that home office rarely follow any deadlines given to them. In some cases, they dont even bother to review and the matter just goes straight to court. We pushed the ECM for a review via complaints and ombudsman etc, they had agreed to review before we even got our notice of appeal but even still didn't look at it properly because they still refused us. but again another fight that didn't come easy. Its a hard wait i know that better than anyone

I really hope they sort it out for you soon. I wish there was something i could do to help, because i really wouldnt wish this pain on anyone. :(
Thanx now i can be mentally prepared if anything wrong will happen. but still hoping to get some good news.

Ballmigirl17
Albania

Post by Ballmigirl17 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:33 pm

rijab wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:10 pm
Ballmigirl17 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:15 pm
rijab wrote:
Ballmigirl17 wrote:

Thanx now i can be mentally prepared if anything wrong will happen. but still hoping to get some good news.
With any luck they will overturn and see the mistake - at least i would like to think so. You always have to prepare for the worst in these situations and i wish i did because a refusal was never part of our plan as im sure it wasn't part of yours either! please keep me updated and i wish you the best of luck!

rijab
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by rijab » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:40 pm

Ballmigirl17 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

With any luck they will overturn and see the mistake - at least i would like to think so. You always have to prepare for the worst in these situations and i wish i did because a refusal was never part of our plan as im sure it wasn't part of yours either! please keep me updated and i wish you the best of luck!
[/quote]
my husband thinks the same we have a plan in case of refusal or delay in decesion. :) cz we have suffered with the long wait n refusal but we have to stay strong :)

Katie_France
Russia

Post by Katie_France » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:36 pm

vetri81082 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:35 pm

Hello Karie_France,

Please do read my story. You wanted me to go for fresh application and agreed with londener views and opinion. Well the end of the story is i win the battle. I am a Libran ;-) i did it with out spending a penny.
Vetri81082,
Congratulations with HO changing their decision. Just to clarify - I didn’t want you to do anything. It’s everyone’s personal decision what to do. And in case people can afford, it’s quicker to reapply. In my situation we could afford reapplying, and didn’t want to be stuck in a limbo for an unknown period of time.

shagoofah
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by shagoofah » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:20 pm

hi

Have you received any information regarding review