ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

6yrs of discretionary leave

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Janet#74
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

6yrs of discretionary leave

Post by Janet#74 » Sun May 27, 2018 2:26 pm

Dear members

I was granted my first discretionary leave on the 18/07/2012.The second one on the 18/02/16 expiring on the 17/02/19.
My question is when can l apply for indefinite leave?Can l do premium service?I was granted after failed asylum which was logged in 2008. I am really confused as not sure what to do as l am completing my 6 years on the 17/07/18.
Thank you

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: 6yrs of discretionary leave

Post by CMOSUK » Sun May 27, 2018 3:53 pm

Janet#74 wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 2:26 pm
Dear members

I was granted my first discretionary leave on the 18/07/2012.The second one on the 18/02/16 expiring on the 17/02/19.
My question is when can l apply for indefinite leave?Can l do premium service?I was granted after failed asylum which was logged in 2008. I am really confused as not sure what to do as l am completing my 6 years on the 17/07/18.
Thank you
Hi,

If you refer to your documentation, does it specifically state that you may apply for ILR after 6 years of DL?

If so then indeed your 6 years will complete on 18/7/2018 (you may apply 28 days before or within that date of completing your 6 years of DL).

Your 6 years are counted from the initial grant date of your first DLR, and anytime spent waiting for a further grant of DLR and so as long it was an intime application, that waiting period will count towards the accruing time of 6 years of DLR.

Just for further help, you can have a read in these threads of different members who where also granted ILR on the same route, 6 years DLR to ILR, they too were also granted DLR after a failed asylum application.

They also used form SET(O) & the premium appointment and where successful.

Also click this link to have a read at those members threads and hopefully you will get a good idea of documents they used in their application for ILR after 6 years DLR.

Click here please 😌

If you have anymore questions please ask here and I will try my best to respond appropriately.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

Janet#74
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Janet#74 » Sun May 27, 2018 6:12 pm

Hie CMOSUK

Thank you for taking your time to respond to my questions.
Unfortunately on the letters its not mentioned that l qualify for indefinite leave after accruing 6yrs of Discretionary.What does this mean then?

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Sun May 27, 2018 7:38 pm

Janet#74 wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 6:12 pm
Hie CMOSUK

Thank you for taking your time to respond to my questions.
Unfortunately on the letters its not mentioned that l qualify for indefinite leave after accruing 6yrs of Discretionary.What does this mean then?
It should state you would be eligible to apply for settlement after completing 6 years DLR.

Again this would apply to those that where granted before 9 July 2012, those after this may be on the 10 year route, though I don't think they where granted DLR but a form of leave to remain under the appendix FM route.

As your grant was after 9 july 2012, it may be you have to complete 10 years to be eligible for an application of ILR.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

Janet#74
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Janet#74 » Sun May 27, 2018 7:47 pm

Hie CMOSUK
Hie again and thank you for your reply.I am bit confused about whether l have to complete 10 years or 6 years to qualify for indefinite leave.My application was made before July 9th 2012 though it was granted after that date as well;My question is if it was 10 years was is not supposed to be 2.5 yrs.I am also in receipt of Child tax credit/benefit as well.
I am really confused.I don’t want to risk and loose a lot of money if my application is not successful as well.
If anyone has an idea please help me.
Thank you

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Sun May 27, 2018 7:50 pm

Janet#74 wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 7:47 pm
Hie CMOSUK
Hie again and thank you for your reply.I am bit confused about whether l have to complete 10 years or 6 years to qualify for indefinite leave.My application was made before July 9th 2012 though it was granted after that date as well;My question is if it was 10 years was is not supposed to be 2.5 yrs.I am also in receipt of Child tax credit/benefit as well.
I am really confused.I don’t want to risk and loose a lot of money if my application is not successful as well.
If anyone has an idea please help me.
Thank you
Do you have the '' no recourse to public funds'' written on your brp card or anywhere in your documents?

Janet#74
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Janet#74 » Sun May 27, 2018 8:10 pm

No I don’t have No recourse to public funds.

Janet#74
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Janet#74 » Sun May 27, 2018 8:18 pm

I was looking on the home office website.For settlement under Discretionary leave eligibility;6 years for those that applied on or before 8/7/2012 and 10 years for those that applied after that date.
Does this mean I qualify after accruing the six year because my application was made before that date?
Hoping to get a clear clarification on this one.
Thank you

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Sun May 27, 2018 10:22 pm

Janet#74 wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 8:18 pm
I was looking on the home office website.For settlement under Discretionary leave eligibility;6 years for those that applied on or before 8/7/2012 and 10 years for those that applied after that date.
Does this mean I qualify after accruing the six year because my application was made before that date?
Hoping to get a clear clarification on this one.
Thank you
Again, you will need to refer to your documentation, but if it was applied before the 9 July 2012 it could be the that the rules that were in place before the Immigration changes may apply to you, although you may have been granted after this date.

Janet#74
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Janet#74 » Mon May 28, 2018 9:12 am

Thank you CMOSUK For again taking your time to my questions.I do appreciate your support.
I am also thinking that I fall under the old rules since I was given 3yrs discretionary at a time not the 2.5 years one.
I will try to do the premium service once l accrue the 6 years in July.
I will post back on the forum my experience and the outcome.Having read the information on their website about eligibility,I am sure I qualify for indefinite and I fall under the old policy and transitional arrangements.
I would be happy to hear also from anyone for any advice about my situation.
Thank you

Janet#74
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Janet#74 » Mon May 28, 2018 9:28 am

I just thought I would add some more information just to be clear on my case.
As l mentioned that I logged asylum cIaim in July 2008.I was refused went to tribunal and refused again.
In 2009 I went to Manchester after being referred to a lawyer there though the firm is not operating anymore.They made another application and my correspondence was coming the Legacy team.
I got a letter in May 2012 asking for my photos.It mentioned they are looking in my unresolved asylum claim.Then in August I received my documents through the lawyers office.
At that time my first son was only 5yrs.Though he was entitled to a British passport on birth because his dad had indefinite,We failed to get him a passport until 2013 when I had my discretionary leave.So in another words I have British child not together with the Dad but I stay with him.
I hope and pray that I will not have to wait another 4years to get indefinite.It has been a very long journey to be honest and l feeI exhausted by this immigration issue.
Thank you

Janet#74
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Janet#74 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:22 am

Good morning all

Hie I am again with a few questions.Hopefully someone can can help me.
I went to see a solicitor for advice.She told me l am eligible to apply for Indefinite leave and I should do premium.I cannot afford her fees so l am going to do it independently.
Please tell me if I need to photocopy every page of my dependents passports even though they are not applying.
What is needed to support my application from the Discretionary leave policy?
If there is more information please kindly give me links so l can download as l am preparing for my application.
Thank you

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:03 pm

Janet#74 wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:22 am
Good morning all

Hie I am again with a few questions.Hopefully someone can can help me.
I went to see a solicitor for advice.She told me l am eligible to apply for Indefinite leave and I should do premium.I cannot afford her fees so l am going to do it independently.
Please tell me if I need to photocopy every page of my dependents passports even though they are not applying.
What is needed to support my application from the Discretionary leave policy?
If there is more information please kindly give me links so l can download as l am preparing for my application.
Thank you
Click here for this members list of documents.

Click here for multiple (6) members that had also had their ILR granted successfully on thr DLR route.

Click here for user lucky star

rasoolkhan also granted ILR as a family on the DLR route.

CMOSUK (my list of documents)

These are all good examples of members of this forum that where on the DLR route to ILR all granted.

As for your question on photocopying every page od your dependents passport, just photocopy the passport page where there is the ID and info.

Hope this helps you.

Janet#74
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Janet#74 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:09 pm

To CMOSUK

Thank you once again for your help.Much appreciated.I wiII make use of the information provided on the above links.
God bless you

Janet#74
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Checklist of my documents to be submitted with my application

Post by Janet#74 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:34 pm

Good afternoon everyone
I hope I find you aII weII.I am going for my appointment next week.I am not sure if the following documents will be ok or too much.
P60 2013-2018
6 months payslips
Letter from employer
Tax credit letters 2013- 2018
Water bill 3yrs
CounciI tax biII 4yrs
Statement of rent account 3yrs
Bank statement 6 months
Son’s British passport
Birth certificates 2
School letter
My passport
BRP card
I will also submit the Transitional arrangements policy and KOLL.
Please correct me as l am just preparing everything ready for next week.
Thank you in advance

Janet#74
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Re: ILR approved today

Post by Janet#74 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:00 pm

Good afternoon Everyone

I went for premium service appointment today and l am happy to say that my application was approved.God is Great🙏🏾

Thank you CMOSUK for your input and I speak a blessing of favour upon you.

It was a smooth experience and seamless too.

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR approved today

Post by CMOSUK » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:49 pm

Janet#74 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:00 pm
Good afternoon Everyone

I went for premium service appointment today and l am happy to say that my application was approved.God is Great🙏🏾

So glad it worked out for you. Congrats!!

Janet#74
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Janet#74 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:01 pm

CMOSUK wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:49 pm
[quote=Janet#74 post_id=<a href="tel:1657426">1657426</a> time=<a href="tel:1531486837">1531486837</a> user_id=195877]
Good afternoon Everyone

So glad it worked out for you. Congrats!!
[/quote]Thank you,all the credit to you and this forum.

Janet#74
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

BRP here after a long wait

Post by Janet#74 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:30 pm

Finally received my BRP card after nearly 3weeks after my premium service appointment.I had to write to the Senior Caseworker at Premium service in Croydon.I am glad it’s finally here and I proceed with my plans.