ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application SET (O) Form via ancestry, birth certs no longer required?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

very challanged
Newly Registered
New Zealand

ILR application SET (O) Form via ancestry, birth certs no longer required?

Post by very challanged » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:44 pm

Hello,

I am currently going through the process of applying for ILR through the 5yr ancestry route. In the latest SET (O) form there is no mention of original birth certificates as required documents.

This is confusing as in multiple threads on the forum there are a number of cases where people are told to take all documents from their ancestry visa, including original birth certificates that show lineage.

I have birth certificate copies and can order an original for my grandparent, although am struggling to get the original birth certificate of the my parent in New Zealand.

Has anybody applied in the last few months that can confirm original birth certificates are no longer required?

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks.