ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self Employed: Earning documents authenticity

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:19 pm

Guys,

I'm sorting my earning documents provided to me by my accountant. All the documents he sent to me are normal print-outs like Management Accounts, Dividend Vouchers etc are they acceptable to Home Office?

Especially the accountant letter confirming my earnings is simple 4 liner written on my accountant letter head, is there any template for that?

Quick help will be appreciated. Thanks

segs2tier1

Post by segs2tier1 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:28 pm

I would suggest you read the guidance notes properly. The procedure is not complex and try to keep it simple and straight forward.

If your earnings documents are simple print outs, just get your accountant to stamp and initial them and submit it along with an accountant letter which you already have. If the several lines in your letter confirms what the Assessing Officer needs then there is no need to get an extended one.

I hope this helps and good luck.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Thu May 01, 2008 7:25 pm

THERE ARE MANY REjections on basis of accountants letter so dont depend on only accountants letter

u should have confirmation from INland revenue for taxex paid

ni paid confirmation for nI PAID

OTHERWISE PROBLEM

receipts from companies not from personal a/cs

segs2tier1

Post by segs2tier1 » Thu May 01, 2008 8:20 pm

Can you please explain your self a bit more when you say 'many rejections on basis of accountant letter'.

Is this because there was only one evidence submitted? OR just because they refused it for no reason!

If you have Bank Statements showing payments made and Accountants letter showing the payment summaries, I dont see why they would reject it.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 01, 2008 8:33 pm

Please note that it says on the BIA website "You must send this letter if you are self-employed".

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... gingagent/

regards

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Fri May 02, 2008 12:00 am

Guys just to clear things up, here's the list of documents i'm providing with it so it's not just letter from accountant

Being a limited company salaried director and sole share holder i'm applying under Self Employee category. I'm claiming points of my own earnings not the company earnings i.e. combination of salary and dividends and i'm producing following documents to prove my earnings

1. Personal Payslips
2. Personal Bank account statements
3. Dividend Vouchers
4. Accountant letter confirming my salary and dividends

I'm also attaching following in order to prove my source of income i.e. my company earnings

1. Company Bank Account Statements
2. Company Management Accounts
3. Invoices raised to client
4. Contract agreements
5. Incorporation certificate
6. VAT certificate
So what do you say now?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 02, 2008 2:06 am

I didn't realize you were claiming under "self employed" category. I just thought I should bring the restriction to your attention.
farazfastian wrote:So what do you say now?
All the best with your application.

regards

segs2tier1

Post by segs2tier1 » Sat May 03, 2008 2:56 pm

Based on your link from the Home Office it is a must to submit an accoutant letter, surely, but you can still submit a similar letter if you are contracting but as an employee of an Umbrella Company.

This is much easier since you do not have to open your own company and still have the benefits of self employment etc

tier1_applicant

Post by tier1_applicant » Sat May 03, 2008 9:09 pm

Hi,

I am taking the services of an umbrella company to invoice the client.

In this case, combination of payment summaries and invoices from umbrella company is sufficient or still a letter is needed..?

Thanks in Advance

segs2tier1

Re: Self Employed: Earning documents authenticity

Post by segs2tier1 » Sun May 04, 2008 1:18 pm

tier1_applicant wrote:Hi,

In this case, combination of payment summaries and invoices from umbrella company is sufficient or still a letter is needed..?

Thanks in Advance
If you are taking the services of an Umberlla Company you should be their employee since this is the way this works in the UK.

This means you should get payslips explaining your gross, net pay, tax and NI paid.

I dont see why you need the Invoices. Oh you should be able to show that the net pay has been credited in your Bank Account in your Bank Statments.

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Mon May 05, 2008 4:16 pm

I talked to my accountant regarding regular print-outs and he said this is how every accountant generates Management Accounts, Dividend Vouchers and you don't have to sign or stamped any of those.

I'm also thinking me as a director or my secretary should sign Management Accounts, dividend vouchers?

What do you guys suggest?

tier1_applicant

Re: Self Employed: Earning documents authenticity

Post by tier1_applicant » Mon May 05, 2008 4:18 pm

Hi,

The reason I am thinking to put invoice is that payment summaries do not have break up of work rates, per-diem and other expenses (I have been on client visit only and yet to enter UK).

Payment summaries only have gross amount, commission and VAT breakup.

In this case I am not sure expenses and per-diem will be counted in earnings

I am planning to claim work rate only and invoices have these break up details.

In such a scenario, contract copy may not required and combination of invoice and payment summary should be sufficient.

Any comments...

segs2tier1 wrote:
tier1_applicant wrote:Hi,

Thanks in Advance
If you are taking the services of an Umberlla Company you should be their employee since this is the way this works in the UK.

This means you should get payslips explaining your gross, net pay, tax and NI paid.

I dont see why you need the Invoices. Oh you should be able to show that the net pay has been credited in your Bank Account in your Bank Statments.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon May 05, 2008 9:42 pm

HAVE U filed yr a/cs with IR AND company house?

have u paid taxes on yr earnings ?

have u submitted yr pesonal taxex COMPUTATION with ir ?

have u paid / submitted all vat returns ?

only accountants letter will not do without coroborative eveidnce from IR and hmrc

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Tue May 06, 2008 12:13 pm

Hi Sushil,

First of all according to Guidance Notes you've to show any two evidence per source of earning and they haven't mention anything like you've to submit IR and Company House documents as a must except the Accountant Letter which is apart from your two earning evidence. But to be on safe side i'm sending as much documents as i can.

Regarding the documents you've mentioned i don't think i can produce them as my financial year ended just in April and as per my knowledge these documents takes time to come. Please let me know if there's way i can get these documents i'll be happy to attach them too.

And do you know that you need to sign and stamp Management Accounts, Dividend Vouchers, Invoice etc from accountant/secretary/director or they are fine on plain paper?

Many Thanks
Faraz

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Fri May 09, 2008 11:31 am

Hey Sushil waiting for your reply mate...