ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 2 Dependant visa for Same-Sex unmarried

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Doraemon1987
Newly Registered
Philippines

TIER 2 Dependent visa for Same Sex

Post by Doraemon1987 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:05 am

Good day everyone!

I just want to get some advise from this group.

We are Filipino gay couple for 7 years and presently resides here in the Philippines. Now, my partner offered a Nursing job under UK TIER 2 VISA. He is planning to accompany me on his application as his dependent (same sex unmarried). Now we've read through the PBS guidelines and it states there that it is possible to bring your partner as long as you have been cohabitating for 2 years and the relationship is genuine/subsisting.

We could provide evidences of our relationship and other stuff if the embassy requested for it.

Now, I tried to call one of the visa consultancy here in Manila and raised our concern. And according to them that my partner must go first in the UK and be a british citizen before he could get me as his dependant. Is that true? Or the person that I've talk with doesn't know at all what she is talking about.

Please help me out. Or if there is anyone from this group encountered this situation mind to share your experiences.

Thank you.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: TIER 2 Dependent visa for Same Sex

Post by cyclina1 » Wed May 02, 2018 3:49 pm

She was totally bullshit and you should file her a complaint!

See this - the immigration rule of the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ly-members

and check out the session - Family members of relevant points-based system migrants.

The same-sex partner can definitely join you as PBS dependent, the requirement are the same as unmarried couple. Of course, your partner must be 18 or over.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

Doraemon1987
Newly Registered
Philippines

Re: TIER 2 Dependent visa for Same Sex

Post by Doraemon1987 » Wed May 02, 2018 4:01 pm

Thank you for responding. I have emailed the UK international visa services and inquired this matter. Thanks to god the response is positive. As of now my partner and I are now gathering evidences in as much as we could in preparation for our application. Thanks to this group/forum.

Doraemon1987
Newly Registered
Philippines

Proof of Accommodation (UK Tier 2 general dependant)

Post by Doraemon1987 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:04 am

Good day everyone!

My partner and I would like to ask this question regarding PROOF OF ACCOMMODATION. We're still here in the Philippines and planning to apply for visa (tier 2 general and dependant) this June 2018. I understand that based on his CoS from the hospital, he will received 3 months free accommodation. However, since he will join me on his application as his dependant, we are not allowed to stay in the facility of hospital that he will be working with.

Our question is, would it be okay if we will apply for a visa without showing proof of accommodation? But we have the maintenance proof (bank statement/certificates) Or should we book a rent in one of the flats in UK that could accommodate us when we arrive?

We are are gay couple cohabitating for more than 2 years (unmarried). Please help us to answer this querry.

Thank you.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Proof of Accommodation (UK Tier 2 general dependant)

Post by cyclina1 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:50 pm

Doraemon1987 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 4:04 am
Good day everyone!

My partner and I would like to ask this question regarding PROOF OF ACCOMMODATION. We're still here in the Philippines and planning to apply for visa (tier 2 general and dependant) this June 2018. I understand that based on his CoS from the hospital, he will received 3 months free accommodation. However, since he will join me on his application as his dependant, we are not allowed to stay in the facility of hospital that he will be working with.

Our question is, would it be okay if we will apply for a visa without showing proof of accommodation? But we have the maintenance proof (bank statement/certificates) Or should we book a rent in one of the flats in UK that could accommodate us when we arrive?

It will be tricky if you cannot show the proof of accommodation for the dependent. So you better rent somewhere and show that you have place to stay once arrived.

We are are gay couple cohabitating for more than 2 years (unmarried). Please help us to answer this querry.

Thank you.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

Doraemon1987
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Doraemon1987 » Tue May 08, 2018 5:54 pm

Thank you for the response cyclina1. I'll take note of that.

Doraemon1987
Newly Registered
Philippines

UK Tier 2 Dependant visa for Same-Sex unmarried

Post by Doraemon1987 » Thu May 31, 2018 11:57 pm

Good day everyone!

My partner and I will apply for Tier 2 general and dependant visa this 3rd week of June 2018 and I have some questions that needs me to enlighten. I hope you could help me.

My questions are:

1) If I will join my partner to his application for dependant visa, should I send some documents of my current work here in the Philippines? Is this required?

2) Should I resign to my current work before applying for visa? I'm a bit scared that if I will leave my work and the result of my application is refuse, there is no way for me to comeback since I have submitted my resignation.

3) lastly, would it be alright if my partner and I will present our individual bank accounts on top of our Joint bank account,and his CoS from A rated sponsor.

Please help me to answer this querries, your reaponse is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK Tier 2 Dependant visa for Same-Sex unmarried

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:33 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Doraemon1987
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Doraemon1987 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:18 am

My apologies for the mess. I just got confused.

Doraemon1987
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Doraemon1987 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:36 am

Hello again,

I'm just wondering if the same sex unmarried partner of Tier 2 general visa (main/dependent) applicant need to provide CERTIFICATE OF NO MARRIAGE (CENOMAR) upon application of Visa? Is that required?

Hoping that some one will answer this querry.

Thank yoi.

Doraemon1987
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Doraemon1987 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:19 am

cyclina1 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 4:50 pm
Doraemon1987 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 4:04 am
Good day everyone!

It will be tricky if you cannot show the proof of accommodation for the dependent. So you better rent somewhere and show that you have place to stay once arrived.

Thank you.
Hello Cyclina1,

My apologies for responding to this post. I'm just afraid of creating a new topic that I might violate the forum rules. I just want to ask something and hoping to get a response.

Here's my question:

My partner and I is due to apply for Tier 2 General shortage and dependent visa this July 2018. We have all the documents ready. However, we are on the state of confusion on how our visa application could apply together.

As stated on the guidelines, that the main applicant could apply for a visa along with his dependent at the same time. So, does it mean that my partner will be the one to book for appointment at VFS for our application, or should we book seperately?

Please help me out.

Thank you

pere0026
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by pere0026 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:31 pm

I believe main applicant is booking an appointment for him and mentioning that he has a dependant after that dependant booking his own appointment (which obviously will be the same day and time) and U're going together.

Doraemon1987
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Doraemon1987 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:47 am

pere0026 wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:31 pm
I believe main applicant is booking an appointment for him and mentioning that he has a dependant after that dependant booking his own appointment (which obviously will be the same day and time) and U're going together.
Great! Thank you the response.

Can I ask another question please?

Thank you

bberry
Newly Registered
Mood:
Philippines

Post by bberry » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:12 am

Hello @Doraemon1987

I hope you don't mind if I ask some questions regarding your application, xxx My partner will be sending her application soon xxxxxxxx clarifications xxxxxxx.

😊😊😊

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:29 pm

bberry wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:12 am
Hello @Doraemon1987

I hope you don't mind if I ask some questions regarding your application, xxx My partner will be sending her application soon xxxxxxxx clarifications xxxxxxx.

😊😊😊
Please only post in English, which is the mandatory language used under the Board Ts&Cs.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.