ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Posted application - forgot a document!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

farewell
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Posted application - forgot a document!

Post by farewell » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:00 pm

y wife and I posted our spouse visa application today, from within the UK, to Sheffield.

When we got back from the post office we realised we forgot to include the " Declaration for spouses, civil partners, proposed civil partners, fiancé(e)s, and unmarried partners" document.

Does anyone know if its possible to send this tomorrow to be added to our application? What steps do we need to take?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Posted application - forgot a document!

Post by seagul » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:17 pm

Perhaps you referring about a page which usually is the last page of any application form where the applicant read & sign the declaration. If so, then its very important page which absence might make the application invalid and returned. Double check again whether you really missed that page and then send it to them with covering letter.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

farewell
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by farewell » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:36 pm

Thank you for the reply. It is the sponsors declaration form that we forgot to include.

I have attached a screenshot of the form. I believe it is a very important form.

Should I wait until I have received the letter that confirms they have got my application? or should I post the missing document first thing tomorrow morning?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:30 pm

It seems very important page of the form which you should definitely send them without delay.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

PhilInTheFuture
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by PhilInTheFuture » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:51 pm

farewell wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:36 pm
Thank you for the reply. It is the sponsors declaration form that we forgot to include.

I have attached a screenshot of the form. I believe it is a very important form.

Should I wait until I have received the letter that confirms they have got my application? or should I post the missing document first thing tomorrow morning?

You're wrong, this form is not important.

Did you include a copy of the sponsors UK passport with the documents? Did you include a cover letter from both the applicant and sponsor?

If I was you, I wouldn't worry about this form at all. It's not required at all.

farewell
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by farewell » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:27 am

No, we did not include a copy of the UK passport. We included the actual UK passport.

We did not write cover letters from the applicant and sponsor. There was nowhere in the application or the checklist that states we have to do this.

PhilInTheFuture
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by PhilInTheFuture » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:19 am

farewell wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:27 am
No, we did not include a copy of the UK passport. We included the actual UK passport.

We did not write cover letters from the applicant and sponsor. There was nowhere in the application or the checklist that states we have to do this.
Cover letters are recommended to help the ECO understand your relationship, but not always essential.

The declaration is not important at all considering you've sent the UK passport. I wouldn't stress.

What is your document checklist?

farewell
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by farewell » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:09 pm

UPDATE:

Our application was approved and we have received the spouse visa.

We also received back all our supporting documents. This included the documents that we had sent at a later date (after we submitted our application). We sent the missing documents to two different address both were received by the Home Office and added to our application, then returned to us with the rest of our documentation.

YES, you can send documents after the application has been submitted.