ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Travel document

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Coache
United Kingdom

Urgent Travel document

Post by Coache » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:18 pm

Hi gurus,
Please am I need of an advice.

I am applying to extend my Tier 2 visa. My old passport which I used to make the initial application got expired so I renewed it 6 months before it expired when I visited my country.

Now I need to submit passport and I want to include the old passport and the new passport togather with the BRP.

The problem I have is the issuing authority of my current passport is from my home country which got when I travelled, won't the caseworker ask why I didn't renew it in london and how come I am working in England and the issuing Authority is from another country different from where I work or live.

Do I need to explain anything in a letter ? or I should just send both passport ?

Kind regards
Coach

Coache
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent Travel document

Post by Coache » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:30 pm

Coache wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:18 pm
Hi gurus,
Please am I need of an advice.

I am applying to extend my Tier 2 visa. My old passport which I used to make the initial application got expired so I renewed it 6 months before it expired when I visited my country.

Now I need to submit passport and I want to include the old passport and the new passport togather with the BRP.

The problem I have is the issuing authority of my current passport is from my home country which got when I travelled, won't the caseworker ask why I didn't renew it in london and how come I am working in England and the issuing Authority is from another country different from where I work or live.

Do I need to explain anything in a letter ? or I should just send both passport ?

Kind regards
Coach
Please does anyone have a suggestion about my question ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:10 pm

You are overthinking this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Coache
United Kingdom

Post by Coache » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:16 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:10 pm
You are overthinking this.
Hi CR001,

Sorry I have to think it because sometime caseworkers can be strict.

Does the issuing authority matter ? Or should I just submit the new passport since there is no visa on the old passport ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:18 pm

They don't care where your passport is issued. It must be valid. You are overthinking a non-issue.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Coache
United Kingdom

Post by Coache » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:18 pm
They don't care where your passport is issued. It must be valid. You are overthinking a non-issue.
Thanks CR001.

I think I am thinking too deep but I will relax now.

Do you reckon I submit the new one? The old one has no visa in it . Just stamps for travels .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:25 pm

If the application asks for all passports etc, then submit both. There is no rule that an expired passport must have a visa in!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Coache
United Kingdom

Post by Coache » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:28 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:25 pm
If the application asks for all passports etc, then submit both. There is no rule that an expired passport must have a visa in!!
OK thanks. They have asked for my passport and didn't mention old or new. I filled my application with just my current passport as the old one is expired.