ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 holiday days missing from former employer absence letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nduaj
Newly Registered

Details of time spent outside the UK while with former employer

Post by nduaj » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:51 pm

Hello,
Last year I changed sponsor and changed jobs (After 4 years with first employer) .
While I was at the previous employment, I traveled outside the UK for Business as well as holiday.
Now that I am applying for IRL, do I need to get in touch with my old employers and ask them for a letter stating why I traveled why I was working for them?

2nd question. I earn above the salary threshold for ILR applications but for the past few months my current account has been in overdraft. Will it affect my application?

Thank you

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Details of time spent outside the UK while with former employer

Post by zimba » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:46 am

Last year I changed sponsor and changed jobs (After 4 years with first employer) .
While I was at the previous employment, I traveled outside the UK for Business as well as holiday.
Now that I am applying for IRL, do I need to get in touch with my old employers and ask them for a letter stating why I traveled why I was working for them?
Yes, particularly if they were more than 30 days in a residence year
2nd question. I earn above the salary threshold for ILR applications but for the past few months my current account has been in overdraft. Will it affect my application?
Not relevant
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

nduaj
Newly Registered

Post by nduaj » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:46 am

Hello,
Thanks very much for your reply.
All of the trips were for 1 week or less (never exceeded 7 days).

Is there a template document or form the home office expects to hold this information or we need to draft the letter ourselves?

Does anyone have an idea what should be contained in the letter?

Thanks again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:14 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nduaj
Newly Registered

P60 question for ilr

Post by nduaj » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:05 am

Hi all,
I am about applying for my ilr and I have a question.
I’ve had tier 2 general visa for 5 years now. 4 years with a previous employer and 1 year with my current employer.
While I was with my previous employer, I took on a 2nd side job for about 10 months (it was a similar job title so I didn’t apply for a new visa). At the end of last year, I received a P60 from the side job.

My question is, I have P60 for my current employer and my previous employer but do I also need to include the P60 from the side job I did while with the previous employer?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: P60 question for ilr

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:54 am

There is no requirement to submit P60
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: P60 question for ilr

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:54 pm

While I was with my previous employer, I took on a 2nd side job for about 10 months (it was a similar job title so I didn’t apply for a new visa). At the end of last year, I received a P60 from the side job.
Was this second job the same level and job type as your SOC with your main sponsor? 'Similar' is not sufficient.

How many hours per week did you work?

Did you work at all while on annual leave from your main employer?

Your second job income is irrelevant to ILR based on tier 2.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nduaj
Newly Registered

2 Requirements in 1 letter

Post by nduaj » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:09 pm

Hello,
In the same letter which my Employer states I'm needed for the foreseeable future etc, my employer has also confirmed my abscesses from the UK while employed by them.

My question is, does it matter that they have done all of this in 1 letter rather than 2 (i.e. 1 for employment + 1 for absence)

I personally thing it shouldn't matter but I just wanted to check to be sure

Akorotaeva

Re: 2 Requirements in 1 letter

Post by Akorotaeva » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:48 pm

Should be fine.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: 2 Requirements in 1 letter

Post by Djsuccess » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:21 pm

nduaj wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:09 pm
Hello,
In the same letter which my Employer states I'm needed for the foreseeable future etc, my employer has also confirmed my abscesses from the UK while employed by them.

My question is, does it matter that they have done all of this in 1 letter rather than 2 (i.e. 1 for employment + 1 for absence)

I personally thing it shouldn't matter but I just wanted to check to be sure
It's ok
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

nduaj
Newly Registered

2 holiday days missing from former employer absence letter

Post by nduaj » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:04 pm

Hello,
I got a letter from my previous employer detailing and confirming my absences from the UK while working with them.
The problem here is they omitted a weekend holiday (2 days only) I made to France in their letter.

Do you think this will be a problem if I submit the letter as it is with my ILR application?
Is this probable reason for refusal? i.e. the fact that the letter doesn't include 2 days holiday to France

Thanks

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: 2 holiday days missing from former employer absence letter

Post by Djsuccess » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:57 am

nduaj wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:04 pm
Hello,
I got a letter from my previous employer detailing and confirming my absences from the UK while working with them.
The problem here is they omitted a weekend holiday (2 days only) I made to France in their letter.

Do you think this will be a problem if I submit the letter as it is with my ILR application?
Is this probable reason for refusal? i.e. the fact that the letter doesn't include 2 days holiday to France

Thanks
Since it was a weekend which they might not have a record of, it is then up to you to provide evidence. Ideally, they should have included it in the letter. But it shouldn't be an issue. You will need to write a cover letter and explain the absence if you have your flight ticket or reservation, then you will need to provide that as evidence.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.