ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got my ILR!!YEEPEEEYYYYYYYYY!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adviceseeker
Newly Registered

Got my ILR!!YEEPEEEYYYYYYYYY!!!

Post by adviceseeker » Fri May 02, 2008 9:17 am

Just an update, I got my ILR last April 22 at PEO Liverpool, i know its a bit late coz we been from a holiday. But I would like this oppurtunity to thank everyone and this furom as its a big help for me and everybody, for all the help and information you've given us...

My stories, we arrive at liverpool about 9:30 am, my appointment supposed to be 11:15 but before that my number was called. The lady that we spoken first said that there will be no refund if my application will be refused which is a bit worrying, they are nice though they are very helpful as well. Then I was called half and hour later to submit my evidence and shaffi is right they didnt really bother how much is in your bank or wages what they are after is that if you have all the letter from different sources for the past two years. Goods news is we have more that that as i been here for a fiance visa... Just 2.5 hours and got my passport with ILR on it..

Thanks everyone for all the help...

Adviceseeker

vicky1234567
Newly Registered

Post by vicky1234567 » Fri May 02, 2008 10:10 am

First of all congratulations!

Could you share with us what evidence you provided? Did you have all things in joint names?
Just preparing for husbands ILR in 2009 and any suggestions/experiences are really helpful and positive.

:)

adviceseeker
Newly Registered

Post by adviceseeker » Fri May 02, 2008 10:27 am

Evidence, there is only one documents thats is in our joint name that is the HMRc and the rest is individuals. It doesnt really matter if its joint or not as they make it clear in the new revised application form, they even had some kind of form its like a graph. Where they put month for 2 years and theres 3 column, if its for applicant, partner and Joint names. They wil look through your evidence the date, month and which kind of letter it is and they just fill it in, manier the better.

I would suggest apply in person, I know its a bit more expensive but you will know the results straight away, unlike if you do it by post, you have to wait for 4 weeks which is stressful.

Hope this will help..

SHAFFI

Post by SHAFFI » Fri May 02, 2008 3:48 pm

Congratulations Jobseeker!!!

Yeah i repeat going down in person is the best bit of advice i can give...its a tad more expensive but the peace of mind outweighs the cost in my opinion.

To be safe i would include as many joint named documents as possible (you wont get penalised for having too many) and try and ensure theres consistency over 24mths.

As i mentioned on my thread its a long 3 hrs or so and can feel longer fuelled by the anxiety.