ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiancé visa decision delay help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Liverpool48
Newly Registered
Russia

Fiancé visa decision delay help

Post by Liverpool48 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:40 am

After 12 long weeks my Russian fiancé received an email last Friday saying that a decision was unable to be made according to the 12 weeks service level. Then a further email requesting 2 documents. My employer letter which was part of the original documentation supplied so I assume was mislaid and a payslip for February as I provided 6 months to January from memory. So I scanned sand sent these immediately.
I then emailed the same email address provided asking for clarification if the application can be resolved as we are planning to travel to Europe next week, which we thought would be safe being 14 weeks post application. I never had a reply so raised an escalation through the telephone support Tuesday. Still no reply, so called again today but the agent was just completely unhelpful and so just hung up after wasting about 15 minutes and about 20 pounds in fees.
What can I do?
It should be so simple for someone to just either check 2 documents and make a decision or if there needs to be longer delays to let me know and offer to return my fiancé’s passport while they conclude.
I feel embarrassed for my own country that people are treated this way
Any suggestions gratefully received