ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT: TIER 2 DEPENDENT PARTNER VISA FROM PAKISTAN

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sj101
Newly Registered
Pakistan

URGENT: TIER 2 DEPENDENT PARTNER VISA FROM PAKISTAN

Post by sj101 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:10 am

Hi everyone, first of all I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed to this forum, because I got much of the guidance in terms of documents to submit in support of my application here.
I applied for my Tier 2 Dependent (Partner) Visa on June 12 at the VFS center in Karachi, and opted for the SMS update service. I've previously applied for a standard visitor visa twice and got SMS updates stating that my application was forwarded to UKVI on both occasions following submission.
This time, however, no notification has been sent, nor have I received any emails about my application being prepared for consideration by the ECO (which I understand can take time). This lack of initial text from VFS is concerning me, and I was wondering if there are people who did not receive a text from VFS confirming their applications have been forwarded to UK or emails that their applications are being prepared for consideration by ECO. If so, did you still get your visa? Is there any way to verify whether the application has been forwarded? Thank you!

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: URGENT: TIER 2 DEPENDENT PARTNER VISA FROM PAKISTAN

Post by cyclina1 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:59 pm

It's still early. Now all applications have to be shipped back to the UK. So it takes time.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.