ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does my bank letter need to disclose my total account value?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILoveMyDogs
Newly Registered
United States of America

Does my bank letter need to disclose my total account value?

Post by ILoveMyDogs » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:25 pm

I am applying for a Tier 4 visa and am submitting a letter from my bank stating that I have the funds necessary to meet my tuition and maintenance fees. The letter will include the name of my bank, my account number, my name, etc...

My question is whether the letter can say that the account has held funds in excess of X GBP for the last 28 days (X being the sum of my tuition fees and maintenance expenses), or whether the letter must disclose the actual total value of my account. In other words, can the letter state something like "The account holder has held funds in excess of 32,000 GBP in the account for the last 28 consecutive days", rather than disclosing my actual exact balance?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Does my bank letter need to disclose my total account value?

Post by sah10406 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:46 am

ILoveMyDogs wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:25 pm
My question is whether the letter can say that the account has held funds in excess of X GBP for the last 28 days (X being the sum of my tuition fees and maintenance expenses), or whether the letter must disclose the actual total value of my account. In other words, can the letter state something like "The account holder has held funds in excess of 32,000 GBP in the account for the last 28 consecutive days", rather than disclosing my actual exact balance?
The full requirements for a bank letter are listed at paragraph 227 iii in the Tier 4 Policy Guidance. If you are still unsure, best get advice from the international student advice service at your university.

See https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -4-student
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.