ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child British Passport Renewal outside UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Child British Passport Renewal outside UK

Post by Babajee85 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:54 pm

Hi guys,

My son British passport has expired.He is 6 years old. He is currently living in Pakistan. I am going to apply for his BP renewal.I have filled up the form.As per guidance it says i need to submit the following documents:

1:Current British Passport (With a full colour photocopy of the entire passport (every page including blank pages)
2:His School confirmation Letter with his Photo attached on the letter to prove his current address.
3:Two Pics

He is dual national but never had Pakistani passport instead got the NICOP (Identity card) So do i need to send the copy of his NICOP card instead because it ask to send Non-British uncancelled passport.

Please advise and let me know if i am missing something...

Regards

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Child British Passport Renewal outside UK

Post by plabo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:17 pm

Babajee85 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:54 pm
Hi guys,

My son British passport has expired.He is 6 years old. He is currently living in Pakistan. I am going to apply for his BP renewal.I have filled up the form.As per guidance it says i need to submit the following documents:

1:Current British Passport (With a full colour photocopy of the entire passport (every page including blank pages)
2:His School confirmation Letter with his Photo attached on the letter to prove his current address.

He is dual national but never had Pakistani passport instead got the NICOP (Identity card) So do i need to send the copy of his NICOP card instead because it ask to send Non-British uncancelled passport.

Regards
Spare the hassle and massive security checks. Come to UK for a few days and get it renewed here. You will thank me later. This will take you easily 6 months.

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:29 pm

plabo wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:17 pm
Babajee85 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:54 pm
Hi guys,

Regards
Spare the hassle and massive security checks. Come to UK for a few days and get it renewed here. You will thank me later. This will take you easily 6 months.
Hi plabo,

Thanks for your input.I wish i could have done it.But the issue is his passport is already expired.So i have no other choice than to renew it.I do not think that it will take six months because i am renewing his British passport not applying for the first BP (which normally take six months).I check on their website & it says max 8 weeks for renewing the passport from outside UK.

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:56 pm

You could travel to the UK personally and bring his expired passport along here. Get it renewed and take back to Pakistan. The child doesn't have to be physically present. Trust me, this will be the best route.

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:24 pm

plabo wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:56 pm
You could travel to the UK personally and bring his expired passport along here. Get it renewed and take back to Pakistan. The child doesn't have to be physically present. Trust me, this will be the best route.
Are you sure is it possible ? I am a bit confused about it...

If it is the case then i can even ask my family to post it to me and i will get renew it here in UK and then send them back....

but i am not sure , is it allowed.. ?

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:36 pm

Passports cannot be posted out of country, unless someone can bring it for you.

See here, you can avoid months of overseas security clearance this way.

https://www.gov.uk/passport-application ... isiting-uk

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:59 pm

plabo wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:36 pm
Passports cannot be posted out of country, unless someone can bring it for you.

See here, you can avoid months of overseas security clearance this way.

https://www.gov.uk/passport-application ... isiting-uk
Correction, my mistake.

Passport can be sent out of country through courier, so ask someone to post your son's passport here and make your life easy. Once renewed, you can post it back.