ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

joanna123
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Set O-section 5.3 for tier 1 ILR

Post by joanna123 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:18 pm

Hello all
I hope someone can clarify this question for me.
I am due to apply for ILR under 5 year tier 1 entrepreneur category but i am confused about how to answer question 5.3 under Your Home and Finances.
The question asks "Are you working in the UK?". I am a director of my own company so should i answer yes or no here.
Also, it further asks 'If so, what is your pay each month after income tax and other deductions". As i run my own business, i pay myself very minimal monthly salary and other income is based on dividends depending on how well the business is doing and this is not on a monthly basis. I am therefore confused how to answer this question and provide evidence of my ability to sustain myself.
I will be grateful for suggestion from others in the same situation who have completed their own applications.
Thank you.

joanna123
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Set O-section 5.3 for tier 1 ILR

Post by joanna123 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:59 am

Any help with these please?

raj.m
Mood:
India

Post by raj.m » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:48 pm

joanna123 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:18 pm
Hello all
I hope someone can clarify this question for me.
I am due to apply for ILR under 5 year tier 1 entrepreneur category but i am confused about how to answer question 5.3 under Your Home and Finances.
The question asks "Are you working in the UK?". I am a director of my own company so should i answer yes or no here.
Also, it further asks 'If so, what is your pay each month after income tax and other deductions". As i run my own business, i pay myself very minimal monthly salary and other income is based on dividends depending on how well the business is doing and this is not on a monthly basis. I am therefore confused how to answer this question and provide evidence of my ability to sustain myself.
I will be grateful for suggestion from others in the same situation who have completed their own applications.
Thank you.
I am on the same route and will be applying for my ILR next month. I will be answering the question with a "yes". I will just provide clarification in my cover letter that I have answered "yes" to the question as I am the director of the company and I withdraw a salary.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:39 pm

That question is not that important. Just say yes
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

joanna123
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Tier 1 Entrepreneur ILR

Post by joanna123 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:48 am

Hello all

I wanted to see if there is any more information on the issue of sending corporation tax letter and business bank statement.
I sent in my application in early March and have received a refusal because I did not send in the corporation tax letter and business bank statement. Like many others it was my understanding at the time that these were not a requirement for ilr application. I want to make an admin review now but not sure what to base it on as it appears to be in the rules now.

Does anyone know if this rule was recently changed and if so when?
Has anyone recently got approved without this documents or got a rejection?
I would really appreciate any quick response as I only have 3 more days to complete admin review.
Thanks so much in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur ILR

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:02 am

Kindly keep all your Tier 1 Ent ILR questions in your own topic. Your post you tagged onto another members thread has been merged with your previous topic (all here in this thread).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:09 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

regularuser
India

Post by regularuser » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:17 pm

Hi joanna123

Sorry for refusal.

Can you please share your refusal reason exactly what is the wording?
so you can get a correct advise, so far you are the first one in this forum reported as refused in this category.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:25 pm

joanna123 wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:48 am
Hello all

I wanted to see if there is any more information on the issue of sending corporation tax letter and business bank statement.
I sent in my application in early March and have received a refusal because I did not send in the corporation tax letter and business bank statement. Like many others it was my understanding at the time that these were not a requirement for ilr application. I want to make an admin review now but not sure what to base it on as it appears to be in the rules now.

I would really appreciate any quick response as I only have 3 more days to complete admin review.
You appear to to be the second person in this forum who was refused on this basis.

The rules changed this January.

uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/document-s ... ?hilit=ilr should give some ideas for your AR argument.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

entruk
Newly Registered
India

Post by entruk » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:13 pm

I think the point in AR would be that there are discrepancies in SeT (O) form and guidance. Form ask one thing and guidance demands other. In the presence of Question A2 this refusal reason is not valid. Why applicant would submit extra docs or refer to guidance when something is very clear in the Form.

I believe the guidance updated quite recently and those changes are still not reflecting in the Forms.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:08 pm

entruk wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:13 pm
I think the point in AR would be that there are discrepancies in SeT (O) form and guidance. Form ask one thing and guidance demands other. In the presence of Question A2 this refusal reason is not valid. Why applicant would submit extra docs or refer to guidance when something is very clear in the Form.

I believe the guidance updated quite recently and those changes are still not reflecting in the Forms.
A friend of mine who submitted the online form said that in the checklist, there was no mention of sending business bank statements or corporation tax documents.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:38 pm

entruk wrote:

These discrepancies happen whenever changes are made.

In most cases, HO will look upon it favourably in the AR and decide in favour of the applicant.

Having said that, it would be difficult to demand that just because the form does not include a check box for that document, you don't need to submit it.

There are no check boxes for any genuineness related documents but almost all applicants submit a set of documents after reading the guidance.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:00 pm

joanna123 wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:48 am

Did you go for AR or a fresh application?

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:06 pm

sm12 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:08 pm
A friend of mine who submitted the online form said that in the checklist, there was no mention of sending business bank statements or corporation tax documents.
marcnath wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:38 pm

These discrepancies happen whenever changes are made.

In most cases, HO will look upon it favourably in the AR and decide in favour of the applicant.

Having said that, it would be difficult to demand that just because the form does not include a check box for that document, you don't need to submit it.

There are no check boxes for any genuineness related documents but almost all applicants submit a set of documents after reading the guidance.

My friend showed this checklist to me today, and it is different from the paper form. In the paper form, you are expected to write the list of documents (other than the passport, photos, etc) yourself, while the online form actually gives you the full list you have to submit it seems. The checklist that he received had documents like companies house report, payslips, fps, etc all listed, but there was no mention of corporation tax documents or business bank statements. And it says that you must submit the below checklist or the application may be refused. So it's really strange that these mandatory documents are missing.
I guess someone applying for AR based on an online form could use this argument (among others), but I suppose it's unlikely that someone who applied using the paper form can make any reference to this checklist.

waseem84
India

Post by waseem84 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:01 pm

I beleive if its the same route than doesnt matter you apply online or by post rules should be same . CW should access each application according to guidance given to them nor the way how you apply .

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:23 pm

waseem84 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:01 pm
I beleive if its the same route than doesnt matter you apply online or by post rules should be same . CW should access each application according to guidance given to them nor the way how you apply .
The requirements are the same, but the online form comes with a checklist that is relevant to tier 1 entrepreneur, whereas on the paper form, you complete the list yourself.

waseem84
India

Post by waseem84 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:08 am

Let see , i think this will be cleared for everyone once OP AR decision comes.

@joanna123 please do share your AR decision , this will be helpful for many . Thanks

moongesture
Member of Standing

Post by moongesture » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:33 pm

The decision will be based upon relevant immigration rules which required business activity documents while in case of refusal no claim will be acceptable based on application checklist. Its always the immigration rules which need to be followed and supersede any guideline/checklist until sectary of state exercises his/her discretionary powers otherwise.

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sky_rise » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:59 pm

sm12 wrote:
entruk wrote:

hey i just wanted to add clarification if that might help argue the case etc: i have applied 2 weeks ago fir ILR and in filled in online form. in the checklist, there WAS a demand to submit corporation tax document. i cant remember about bank statements though as a specific doc on checklist.

hope this helps!
SR
"Ask me, and I shall provide it"

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:02 pm

sky_rise wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:59 pm
sm12 wrote:
entruk wrote:

hey i just wanted to add clarification if that might help argue the case etc: i have applied 2 weeks ago fir ILR and in filled in online form. in the checklist, there WAS a demand to submit corporation tax document. i cant remember about bank statements though as a specific doc on checklist.

hope this helps!
SR
Hi
My friend applied just after the form became available. In his list, there was no mention of the corporation tax document. Maybe it was added after he submitted it? Strange. :?

entruk
Newly Registered
India

Post by entruk » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:55 pm

Its the form itself which asks to submit just the CH report to prove the engagement and nothing else.

Also, I think they have just modified the guidance again in last one week or so (may be after reading this thread) to include the highlighted part. I didn't find this in proposed amendment. You do not need to provide evidence of (i) if you were awarded points for this in your last successful Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) application. You must still evidence of (ii).

joanna123
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by joanna123 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:35 am

Thank you everyone for your contributions. Yes I submitted the AR based on all of the arguments mentioned. I will update you all once decision is received.
Best regards.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:36 am

entruk wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:55 pm
Its the form itself which asks to submit just the CH report to prove the engagement and nothing else.

Also, I think they have just modified the guidance again in last one week or so (may be after reading this thread) to include the highlighted part. I didn't find this in proposed amendment. You do not need to provide evidence of (i) if you were awarded points for this in your last successful Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) application. You must still evidence of (ii).
Where did you find an updated guidance document ?

The one on https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... trepreneur was last updated in April, not one week back.

entruk
Newly Registered
India

Post by entruk » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:04 pm

Dear Marcnath,

Sorry for any confusion caused

I didn't say updated guidance, I said this was not available in the proposed changes (or statement of changes).

I was referring the table 6 in the following link Page 43.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _PRINT.pdf

waseem84
India

Post by waseem84 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:36 pm

joanna123 wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:35 am
Thank you everyone for your contributions. Yes I submitted the AR based on all of the arguments mentioned. I will update you all once decision is received.
Best regards.
hi joanna123,

have you got any update regarding your AR?