ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Citizenship Application, Stamp 4, On Welfare, Disability

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

expatoz
Newly Registered
Ireland

Irish Citizenship Application, Stamp 4, On Welfare, Disability

Post by expatoz » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:17 am

Hi, i've searched through the forum and can't find a similar situation to mine
I am currently still married but separated from an Irish National, my stamp 4 expires in November 2019 and would like to apply for Irish Citizenship, I have lived continuously in Ireland since 1998 and have worked up to 2013, when i was diagnosed with a disability. i have 2 children born in Ireland aged 19 and 16, I am currently in college as i can't work and i have heard that i won't qualify for citizenship as i will be reliant on the state but certainly don't want to be made to go back to Australia and be separated from my children. I am only starting my application now but feel unsure and apprehensive about it. All i'm being told is to apply and see what happens. i was wondering if anyone has any similar experiences or advice they could share
thanks

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: Irish Citizenship Application, Stamp 4, On Welfare, Disability

Post by Mal111 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:25 am

you got nothing to worry about a friend of mine is also on disability allowance he got his citizenship approved within 3 months that's the fastest application process i ever saw.
they delay people on welfare for unemployment special the one demonstrate that they don't wana go back to work not for people with disabilities.

expatoz
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by expatoz » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:31 am

i'm glad to hear that, i was certainly starting to gather doubts, another thing has me worried, i was reading about living continuously in ireland for the year prior to application. while I haven't lived anywhere else, i have been on holidays and visiting friends etc and seminars for the subjects i'm studying at college

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:29 am

as long as there is no gap in your stamp / visa and you have not out of the country for 6 weeks or more
you will be fine

genuinecomputer2018
Ireland

Post by genuinecomputer2018 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:17 pm

I got a email from Department. As department said a pragmatic approach has been taken recently regarding social welfare payments. And it will be only depends on Minister decesion.

Actually I was email to the Department to knowing about it. Because I have a social welfare jobseekers allowance scheme right now and I apply for naturalization 2 months ago. I do part time work now. And mh social payements is for part time allowance. I got my acknowledgement. They asked me for details from social welfare payments. I send them everything's. I still did not get any answer or second stage letter. I don't know what's happen will be with my application. Thanks