ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ashu.doc
- thin ice -

MN1 referee

Post by ashu.doc » Wed May 30, 2018 6:53 pm

Hi

I am applying for citizenship application for my 3.5 yrs old boy. Please correct me if I am wrong I have noticed there is slight difference in referee eligibility between online and paper form.
Paper form simply asks 2 referees, first should be UK national above 25 yrs of age, good character, not related (not required to be known for 3 yrs) and second person who is a professional like teacher of the applicant.
While the online application asks for referee to be known to applicant for at least 3 yrs! What if the applicant is 2 yrs old?! The problem I am having is I can have lot of professionals as referee but the 3 yrs criteria is not fulfilling.
I am happy to apply through paper form if my understanding of 2 referees are correct.
Please advice.

Thanks

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: MN1 referee

Post by dontringthebell » Wed May 30, 2018 7:14 pm

I registered my 3.5-year-old daughter in May 2016 via paper form and only my wife's colleagues at the bank signed. There were no questions asked either to us or to the referees.

Hope it helps!
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

ashu.doc
- thin ice -

Post by ashu.doc » Wed May 30, 2018 7:48 pm

Hi Thanks for prompt reply. Does the 270 days absence rule applies to children application as well?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 30, 2018 8:30 pm

ashu.doc wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 7:48 pm
Hi Thanks for prompt reply. Does the 270 days absence rule applies to children application as well?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ashu.doc
- thin ice -

Referee

Post by ashu.doc » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:01 pm

Sorry to consult again for same query.

I have tried to contact the nursery teacher of my child and GP as well to be first referee and both have said no because it is not their “policy”.
I am at a point where I am thinking to either contact MP to discuss this issue or just send the form to home office with one referee only and put this in additional information that it is not possible to have second referee because they all are refusing.

Please suggest.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Referee

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:21 pm

What exactly do you think the MP can do?

Any professional friends etc you have that know the child??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ashu.doc
- thin ice -

Post by ashu.doc » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:52 pm

I am trainee surgeon and the person I work under knows the child but he has not been involved with him in professional capacity. Can he give reference ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:56 pm

It should be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)