ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

We have been waiting 7 months for natualisation with no update

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

djvicks123
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

We have been waiting 7 months for natualisation with no update

Post by djvicks123 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:10 pm

Hi All,

waiting 7 months.

we made an Application by post for my wife who applied for Naturalisation in early November last year 2017!!. fees were taken and she was asked to provide biometrics shortly after, to date we have not heard the outcome. We have contacted the HO 2 times in the last 2 months and they state they 'aim' to outcome cases within the 6 months period.

could someone please tell us what the next stop for us could be? we want to go on holidays soon as the summer holidays are approaching. she is an indian national married to a UK born citizen with our 2 kids born in the uk and having worked in the UK full time last 4 years, really can't see what the delay is

alterhase58
Germany

Re: We have been waiting 7 months for natualisation with no update

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:49 pm

Contacting your MP is probably the only avenue you got - there is no normal way of getting UKVI to work faster, even if they are past their own service level. Did you apply using NCS or by post? NCS would have allowed you to keep the original ID documents which are still valid for travel.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:47 pm

Sadly there's not much one can do. Mine's been in process since the last 9 months, wrote several emails/letters/phone calls and even involved the MP. Only ever received the same generic response (even to the MP) that they are undertaking good character checks, etc and that there's no time scale for that.

What did they write in their emails / letters back to you?

Good luck!

djvicks123
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by djvicks123 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:26 pm

only that they aim to complete applications by 6 months, i WISH we went for the faster service this is bad, we can't even go abroad..

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:37 pm

Note there is no fast track application for naturalisation.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

djvicks123
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by djvicks123 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:36 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:37 pm
Note there is no fast track application for naturalisation.
thank you i didn't know that.

djvicks123
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by djvicks123 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:36 pm

silverchloride wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:47 pm
Sadly there's not much one can do. Mine's been in process since the last 9 months, wrote several emails/letters/phone calls and even involved the MP. Only ever received the same generic response (even to the MP) that they are undertaking good character checks, etc and that there's no time scale for that.

What did they write in their emails / letters back to you?

Good luck!
have you heard yet? i still haven't.

djvicks123
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by djvicks123 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:31 pm

can't believe it but I'm still waiting to hear since last october 2017, have an mp chasing it up but I know that won't speed up the process.

djvicks123
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: We have been waiting 7 months for natualisation with no update *update still waiting after 3 months)

Post by djvicks123 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:35 pm

djvicks123 wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:10 pm
Hi All,

waiting 7 months.

we made an Application by post for my wife who applied for Naturalisation in early November last year 2017!!. fees were taken and she was asked to provide biometrics shortly after, to date we have not heard the outcome. We have contacted the HO 2 times in the last 2 months and they state they 'aim' to outcome cases within the 6 months period.

could someone please tell us what the next stop for us could be? we want to go on holidays soon as the summer holidays are approaching. she is an indian national married to a UK born citizen with our 2 kids born in the uk and having worked in the UK full time last 4 years, really can't see what the delay is

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:10 pm

What is her full UK immigration history, including all relevant dates??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

djvicks123
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by djvicks123 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:30 pm

Hi,

she was born in philippines but is indian by decent, went to india, then went to canada to study for about 7 years, then came to the UK for a holiday, returned to india then canada, then returned again to the uk for a holiday where we met in 2010, she returned to india we then got married 6 months later in India, she arrived some 7 months later, received ILR, we have been on various Holidays such as USA, europe, India etc, had 2 kids, then applied last october 2017, and still waiting to hear, no criminal record and never overstayed in any country,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:32 pm

What is her UK immigration history including all relevant dates and visas held and when did she apply for ILR??

Not asking about holidays or time spent in other countries.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Dave12560
BANNED
Hong Kong

Post by Dave12560 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:38 am

djvicks123 wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:31 pm
can't believe it but I'm still waiting to hear since last october 2017, have an mp chasing it up but I know that won't speed up the process.
write home office that you need responce in one week or you wil b calling for bbc and other news press trust me you wil hear in 3 days

cjxnn
Newly Registered

Post by cjxnn » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:30 pm

Just crossed 7 months for me. Yet no nothing. Don't understand the delay. Maybe someone is trying hard to reject me but so far no success but he doesn't give up easily :D

Dave12560
BANNED
Hong Kong

Post by Dave12560 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:54 pm

cjxnn wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:30 pm
Just crossed 7 months for me. Yet no nothing. Don't understand the delay. Maybe someone is trying hard to reject me but so far no success but he doesn't give up easily :D
WHY DONT YOU ALL PPL who are waitin just call for bbc and tel the news or all other media this way home office wil speed up @@'

jgreen6123
BANNED
Christmas Island

Post by jgreen6123 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:45 pm

Dave12560 wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:54 pm
cjxnn wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:30 pm
WHY DONT YOU ALL PPL who are waitin just call for bbc and tel the news or all other media this way home office wil speed up @@'
Do you think anyone cares? It’s not really a newsworthy item especially because the number of people affected is minimal.