ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Civil partnership visa denied - can I appeal?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dillonuw
Newly Registered
United States of America

Civil partnership visa denied - can I appeal?

Post by dillonuw » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:36 pm

I just received my visa application decision in the mail. I was refused on the grounds of one missing document (six months of bank statements). Everything else was fine, I included six months of payslips AND a letter from my sponsor's employer stating that he has worked there for years, makes the salary stated within, and the type of employment.

The refusal letter states that I can appeal, but like everything else in this horrible process, the details are vague. Can I appeal this decision and send the Home Office the missing bank statements? What would that process involve and how much does it cost? Do I need legal counsel and how can I obtain that from overseas?

Thanks everyone.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Civil partnership visa denied - can I appeal?

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:51 pm

Bank statements are mandatory for a spouse visa or fiance visa application. How did you miss this when it is clearly stated?

If none were submitted, then the refusal is correct.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dillonuw
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by dillonuw » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:17 pm

Gov.uk's guidance states:

"You'll need to include proof of income with your application. If you or your partner are employed, you could include:"

-bank statements
-6 months of payslips
-a letter from your employer

I don't know about anyone else, but in my world "could" implies 'not mandatory, but preferred.' Like everything else with this process, it's ambiguous as crap and poorly explained. This entire thing seems like a huge money racket. If I must include bank records, cut the 'casual English' garbage and tell me that I must include bank records.

So there's nothing I can do except re-apply from scratch?

dillonuw
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by dillonuw » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:21 pm

Sorry if I'm coming off as rude, I'm merely frustrated. A simple phone call or email from UKVI and I would have had bank records in their hands within a day. Why did they not reach out to us? $2000 and four months completely wasted.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:37 pm

They have a duty to contact you and seek those missing document from the sequence .

Yes you can appeal and you have the right to do so, and the prospect of success is not fanciful but realistic.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors