ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Turkish Employed visa-ECAA-Please advise.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

serr

Turkish Employed visa-ECAA-Please advise.

Post by serr » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:37 pm

Hi

I have got a question around this visa, any swift help much appreciated.

I am currently on the Turkish employed visa since 09-2009. I have been granted this in 09-2009 until 09-2011, I have been granted this on the 1st indent (had been working for the same employer since 09-2008).

I am still with the same employer since 09-2008, however my job title changed in 10-2009, there is no gap between between my old and current job, as in i started my new job on the next day i quit the old. Now, I am due to get a promotion again and my job title, salary will change around 01-2011, I will still be with the same employer.

My question is: I have realised on my visa sticker that apparently 'changes need to be authorised by the SoS'. what does this mean in terms of job changes within the same employer? As far as the guidance says, there is nothing stopping you to change jobs as long as you are with the same employer and you are on the first indent of Turkish employed visa.

Should i have seeked authorisation for my first change in 10-2009 and do i need to seek authorisation for the upcoming change as well? If i do need authorisation, how do i go about this?

This is not clear on the guidance and I dont know anyone with the same conditions.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Serr

serr

Re: Turkish Employed visa-ECAA-Please advise.

Post by serr » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:06 pm

Hi All

Could anyone please help with the below?

Many thanks

S

serr wrote:Hi

I have got a question around this visa, any swift help much appreciated.

I am currently on the Turkish employed visa since 09-2009. I have been granted this in 09-2009 until 09-2011, I have been granted this on the 1st indent (had been working for the same employer since 09-2008).

I am still with the same employer since 09-2008, however my job title changed in 10-2009, there is no gap between between my old and current job, as in i started my new job on the next day i quit the old. Now, I am due to get a promotion again and my job title, salary will change around 01-2011, I will still be with the same employer.

My question is: I have realised on my visa sticker that apparently 'changes need to be authorised by the SoS'. what does this mean in terms of job changes within the same employer? As far as the guidance says, there is nothing stopping you to change jobs as long as you are with the same employer and you are on the first indent of Turkish employed visa.

Should i have seeked authorisation for my first change in 10-2009 and do i need to seek authorisation for the upcoming change as well? If i do need authorisation, how do i go about this?

This is not clear on the guidance and I dont know anyone with the same conditions.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Serr

flexasist
Newly Registered

Post by flexasist » Sat May 21, 2011 2:39 pm

@ serr

did you ever get an answer to your post?

i want to know the procedure if you change the employer with this same visa type

serr

Post by serr » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:00 pm

flexasist wrote:@ serr

did you ever get an answer to your post?

i want to know the procedure if you change the employer with this same visa type

Hi , no i havent had a reply...

i am now in similar situation in that i am about to finish the 2 years in first indent and on to the second indent-'doing the same type of job'. I am not sure what this exactly means- now i have asked the question in another thread-hopefully will get a response..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... light=ecaa

did you manage to change jobs and which visa are you on now?

thanks

pelen23

Post by pelen23 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:34 pm

Hi there,

I am trying to understand how your job title changed. why did you need to resign one position and apply for the other one. how about your contract? My understanding is the job title isnt important . the main thing is that the job you do. for example, if you work in a coffee shop as a barista and then got a role in HR within the same orginasation then might breach the rule however i am not hundred per cent sure. if you start to work a manager in the coffee shop then this is promotion. Remember the visa rule says that you should be working in same field/subject untill the last indent. i am on the same visa too. I guess you need to give more information. I am on the same visa by the way.

hope it helps

serr

Post by serr » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:43 pm

hi

i didnt resign and got another job, i have just been promoted basically in the same department. contract carries on- no changes on the contract. what i am wondering is what does your visa say in the second indent. job title, occupation type or what? HO must be taking this from the information you give them but how? when is your first indent up?

cheers

pelen23

Post by pelen23 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:17 pm

hi ,

it says "Able to work as authorised by the secratary of state" . it is smilar to the first one.

If i were you , i wouldnt be worried very much as you are doing the same job for the same employer. when you extend your visa ask your manager to confirm what you been doing in what period i.e. he/she worked as a ...... from -- to -- when he/she was promted to ..... .Something like that. i have been with the same employer for a while so when i extended my visa i used the same letter each time. but promotion is not a crime.

well i dont remember if they ask the job title on the application form but the employer letter confirmed my job title. they must record it somehere/somehow and they can retrieve it easily. as you said the contract is still the same so whatever your job title is on your contract, you might use that.

hope it helps

serr

Post by serr » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:17 am

hi

thanks, thats what i needed to know, so it justs says on your visa' "Able to work as authorised by the secratary of state". it doesnt actually mention job title or job type? does it mention job title or job type on the accompanying letter from the HO when they send your passport back?

on the application form they ask you what type of occupation you are engaged in.

cheers

micik
Newly Registered

Post by micik » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:49 pm

Hi Serr

I am going to extend my ECAA1. I have been with the same employer, same department but my job title has changed. Would appreciate a lot if you could pls advise on your experience. it only says same occupation if you change your employee after 3 years. but doesnt state if you stay with the same company.

thank you in advance

best,

egokalp
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by egokalp » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:10 pm

Hello,
Any update on your experience regarding changing the job title within the same company? Is that okay with a ECAA 1 first indent visa?
Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:18 pm

egokalp wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:10 pm
Hello,
Any update on your experience regarding changing the job title within the same company? Is that okay with a ECAA 1 first indent visa?
Many thanks
Kindly refrain from digging up old topics. This one is from 8 years ago.

Please post in your own topic if you have one or start your own topic with your questions and circumstances.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.