ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting a WP with a HSMP Refusal

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

London1
Newly Registered

Getting a WP with a HSMP Refusal

Post by London1 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:42 pm

Hi All,

My HSMP application was refused in January, I have sent it back for reconsideration on Feb 9th. My Passport is still in HO as they are waiting for HSMP Team to finalise thier decision in my case.

Yesterday there was a development in my job hunt and a company said they were interested in employing and getting a work permit for me.
Question is:

Is is possible for the company act rapidly and get me a work permit as my passport is still at HO?
If my passport and my documents are sent to me tomorrow with a cover letter stating that I need to leave the country in 28 days....
Will it still be possible for the company to apply to a work permit on behalf of me with my 'passport' and an 'expired student visa'?

Thanks all

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:49 am

If they make you a job offer, you can fax it in to the HSMP office and they will expedite your resubmittal. This would be better, as you would have the freedom to change jobs, which you wouldn't have if you get a work permit.

Chess
Diamond Member

Re: Getting a WP with a HSMP Refusal

Post by Chess » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:54 am

London1 wrote:Hi All,

My HSMP application was refused in January, I have sent it back for reconsideration on Feb 9th. My Passport is still in HO as they are waiting for HSMP Team to finalise thier decision in my case.

Yesterday there was a development in my job hunt and a company said they were interested in employing and getting a work permit for me.
Question is:

Is is possible for the company act rapidly and get me a work permit as my passport is still at HO?
If my passport and my documents are sent to me tomorrow with a cover letter stating that I need to leave the country in 28 days....
Will it still be possible for the company to apply to a work permit on behalf of me with my 'passport' and an 'expired student visa'?

Thanks all

You can chase both 'deals' simulateneously (sp).

If you think that you stand a better chance with a WP then you can withdraw the HSMP application (you should be carefull with the timing of your actions)
Where there is a will there is a way.

London1
Newly Registered

Post by London1 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:37 pm

What I was expecting became true,

A very good company offered me a job but the offer is valid only if i am accepted to HSMP. During the interview I told them that I have applied to HSMP and waiting for a reply. I got refusal during January and resubmit my application in February to be assessed again.Obviously, at the interview, I didnt tell them about refusal and resubmittion processes. What can I do now guys?

1.Shall I ask the company to get a work permit for me?

2.Shall I send HO the job offer letter I have received and ask them to consider my application according to that?

OR

3.Shall I get my passport and HSMP application back and apply through british ambassy in my country?

Thanks all

DeepThroat

Post by DeepThroat » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:40 pm

Do you know whether this company processes WP's at all.
option no 2) looks the most sensible.

All the best,
Cheers,
Kumar

London1
Newly Registered

Post by London1 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:05 pm

Thanks for the reply kumar1977

I have prepared my covering letter and photocopied the job offer. I will give it to post this afternoon

Cheers