ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK test registration

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Supasmash1
Newly Registered
Korea South

Life in the UK test registration

Post by Supasmash1 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:11 pm

Hi all,

I've requested to register for the Life in the UK test on GOV.UK website, where I needed to create an account first. It said that they'll send me an email to verify the account registration, and thereafter I can book a test.

I still haven't received that verification email... and there is no option to resend it from GOV.UK website. Any idea how I can request this? I already submitted all of my personal details including BRP# etc so don't want to register again with another email address.

Thank you.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Life in the UK test registration

Post by marcnath » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:14 pm

Supasmash1 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:11 pm
Hi all,

I've requested to register for the Life in the UK test on GOV.UK website, where I needed to create an account first. It said that they'll send me an email to verify the account registration, and thereafter I can book a test.

I still haven't received that verification email... and there is no option to resend it from GOV.UK website. Any idea how I can request this? I already submitted all of my personal details including BRP# etc so don't want to register again with another email address.

Thank you.
Have you checked your spam folder ?

Alternatively go the login page and try the Reset your password link
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Supasmash1
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by Supasmash1 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:25 pm

marcnath wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:14 pm
Supasmash1 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:11 pm
Hi all,

Thank you.
Have you checked your spam folder ?

Alternatively go the login page and try the Reset your password link
Hi there,

Yes I've checked my spam folder but there was no email. I've just requested password reset as you suggested so I'll see if I get anything from them this time.

Fingers crossed!

Thank you.

Supasmash1
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by Supasmash1 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:33 pm

They sent me the password reset link, which was fine.

However, it still asks me to verify my email address "with the link that was sent earlier"... that never came!

Does anyone know how to contact them (or who to contact) for this sort of issue?

Thanks.

drrushabh
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by drrushabh » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:19 am

It happened to me as well, I registered and didn’t get email for nearly 3 hours. But I got around 11pm. So it does arrive. Otherwise ring them on Monday.

joyfik
Newly Registered
France

Post by joyfik » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:43 pm

Hi Supasmash1

What was the outcome of your issue?

I'm in the same situation, I registered on their website on Tuesday, 2 hours after my wife. She got the email at 2 am on the next day while I still didn't receive any email.

I tried to call their helpline 3 times but nobody takes the phone.

It's now 4 days so I'm concerned.

joyfik
Newly Registered
France

Post by joyfik » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:56 pm

Hi

For anyone reading this:

I solved my problem by registering with an email address other than a gmail one (I used an hotmail email address for my second registration).

It seems that the entire gov.uk website has issue with gmail accounts as the email below I received from the DVSA:
Booking a driving test: email confirmation issue

We’re aware that some candidates who've registered to book a driving test online with a Gmail account, haven’t received an email confirming their appointment details.

We’re working with Google to fix this issue. Until this is fixed, we’d advise you use a different email address when booking a test where possible.
I had no issue to use the same address, name, DOB and document ID number.

When I registered the second time, I received the email with the link to activate the account nearly instantly.

Hope this will help .