ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alsanober
Mood:
Pakistan

British Naturalization

Post by alsanober » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:16 pm

Hi There,

sorry for hijacking the topic but because the question is similar so thought to post it here.

I got my ILR under Set(M) 5 years route in May 2018. Do i need to wait for a year to apply or can i apply now?

Thanks

Faizan

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: British Naturalization

Post by marcnath » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:26 pm

Please do not tag to other person's thread.
This has been split to its own topic.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:26 pm

alsanober wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:16 pm
Hi There,

sorry for hijacking the topic but because the question is similar so thought to post it here.

I got my ILR under Set(M) 5 years route in May 2018. Do i need to wait for a year to apply or can i apply now?

Thanks

Faizan
You need to wait for 1 year
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

alsanober
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by alsanober » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:40 pm

thanks for replying.

i was reading guidance and i came across this

If you are married to or the civil partner of a British citizen, you will need to be free
from immigration time restrictions on the date you make your application.

If you are not married to or the civil partner of a British citizen you should have been
free of immigration time restrictions during the last 12 months of the 5-year qualifying
period.

the way i read this is if i am married to BC and i have ILR and i can apply. if someone is not married to BC they will have to wait for 12 months......????

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:01 pm

alsanober wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:40 pm
thanks for replying.

If you are married to or the civil partner of a British citizen, you will need to be free

If you are not married to or the civil partner of a British citizen you should have been
free of immigration time restrictions during the last 12 months of the 5-year qualifying
period.

the way i read this is if i am married to BC and i have ILR and i can apply. if someone is not married to BC they will have to wait for 12 months......????
That is correct as casa pointed out in the other post.

So are you married to a BC or not ?

alsanober
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by alsanober » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:42 pm

marcnath wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:01 pm
alsanober wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:40 pm
thanks for replying.

period.

That is correct as casa pointed out in the other post.

So are you married to a BC or not ?
yes i am married to a BC.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:41 am

You can apply now if you meet the 3 year residence requirement, including the absence limits and being physically present in the UK exactly 3 years ago on the date you apply for BC.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alsanober
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by alsanober » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:39 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:41 am
You can apply now if you meet the 3 year residence requirement, including the absence limits and being physically present in the UK exactly 3 years ago on the date you apply for BC.
Thanks alot.