ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overtime and on-call

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manorana2009
United Kingdom

Overtime and on-call

Post by manorana2009 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:41 am

Hi Experts,

I have a query about Overtime and on-call pay.

I am tier 2(G) visa as part of my job I have to do on-call also overtime. Sometimes my overtime more than 20hrs a month(not every month). Both come into my salary slip separately.

I have few questions do I have to information home office about overtime and on-call pay?

Can I continue to do Overtime and on-call ? or is there any problem?

Thanks
Manoj

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Overtime and on-call

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:21 am

manorana2009 wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:41 am
Hi Experts,

I have a query about Overtime and on-call pay.

I am tier 2(G) visa as part of my job I have to do on-call also overtime. Sometimes my overtime more than 20hrs a month(not every month). Both come into my salary slip separately.

I have few questions do I have to information home office about overtime and on-call pay?

Can I continue to do Overtime and on-call ? or is there any problem?

Thanks
Manoj
You don't need to inform UKVI about over-time and on-call duties, they are extra allowances that are not guaranteed. Do you have any clause in your contract stating that you have to do over-time and on-calls?
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

manorana2009
United Kingdom

Post by manorana2009 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:09 pm

Hi Djsuccess,

Thanks for your reply.

This is mention in my contract.

----------------------------
Overtime Payments
Employees in pay bands 1 to 7 who work in excess of full time hours are eligible for overtime
payments. There is a single harmonised rate of time and a half for all overtime with the exception of
work on general public holidays which will be paid at double time. Overtime payments are based on
the hourly rate provided by basic pay plus any long-term recruitment and retention premia if
applicable. Employees in pay bands 8 and 9 are not entitled to overtime payments. Overtime is
provided at the Trust’s discretion. Nothing in this paragraph shall be taken as providing a contractual
entitlement to overtime.

On-Call
If you are required to be on-call this will be specified in Part 1 of this contract. Pay enhancements for
on-call cover will be paid in accordance with the Trust On-call scheme or any alternative Trust or
national arrangements prevailing at the time. If you are required to be on call you will be advised of
the arrangements by your manager. The Trust reserves the right to vary the frequency of on-call or,
with reasonable notice, to remove the requirement for you to be on-call. For the avoidance of doubt,
all On-call arrangements are considered to be contractual.

Thanks

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:55 pm

manorana2009 wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:09 pm
Hi Djsuccess,

Thanks for your reply.

This is mention in my contract.

Overtime Payments
Employees in pay bands 1 to 7 who work in excess of full time hours are eligible for overtime
payments. There is a single harmonised rate of time and a half for all overtime with the exception of
work on general public holidays which will be paid at double time. Overtime payments are based on
the hourly rate provided by basic pay plus any long-term recruitment and retention premia if
applicable. Employees in pay bands 8 and 9 are not entitled to overtime payments. Overtime is
provided at the Trust’s discretion. Nothing in this paragraph shall be taken as providing a contractual
entitlement to overtime.

On-Call
If you are required to be on-call this will be specified in Part 1 of this contract. Pay enhancements for
on-call cover will be paid in accordance with the Trust On-call scheme or any alternative Trust or
national arrangements prevailing at the time. If you are required to be on call you will be advised of
the arrangements by your manager. The Trust reserves the right to vary the frequency of on-call or,
with reasonable notice, to remove the requirement for you to be on-call. For the avoidance of doubt,
all On-call arrangements are considered to be contractual.

Thanks

That's fine. You don't need to report overtime and on-call duties to HO. As I said earlier, they are not guaranteed income and therefore does not matter. And most importantly, it's in your contract which I believe will be the same for most of the other employees in the company.
However, you need to know that HO will not recognise the income from the overtime and on-call as part of your income for immigration purposes. For example, you cannot rely on the overtime and on-call income to make up a minimum earning requirement if applicable to you. This is because they are not guaranteed (no contractual over-time or on-call hours). You will only earn the money as and when you do the overtime and on-call duties.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.