ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Place of birth incorrect on ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

trueindian2013
India

Place of birth incorrect on ILR

Post by trueindian2013 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:19 pm

Hi

My daughter got ILR nearly 5 years ago. I only noticed recently that place of birth printed on the back of the card is incorrect. I am planning to apply for her naturalisation. Have couple of questions:

1. Will this become a problem for Naturalisation process?
2. If yes, what is process for correction?

Appreciate your quick reply.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Place of birth incorrect on ILR

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:13 am

What does it state and what should it state??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Doe
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by Doe » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:36 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:13 am
I have the same problem the birthplace has a k instead of an l "wak" instead of "wal" I really don't want to be waiting another 70 working days to have my BRP and travel document replaced as I have a holiday planned at the end of July

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:41 pm

Doe wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:36 pm
CR001 wrote:
I have the same problem the birthplace has a k instead of an l "wak" instead of "wal" I really don't want to be waiting another 70 working days to have my BRP and travel document replaced as I have a holiday planned at the end of July
It is unlikely to be an issue - however good to have it corrected. You can do so after your holidays.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Doe
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by Doe » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:12 pm

marcnath wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:41 pm
Doe wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:36 pm
CR001 wrote:
It is unlikely to be an issue - however good to have it corrected. You can do so after your holidays.
Will it be an issue for my provisional, would I apply with the misspelled birth place or the correct spelling?