ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent ILR Application (Urgent questions)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iubus2005
United Kingdom

PBS (Tier 1 General) dependent ILR Application Questions

Post by iubus2005 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:08 pm

Hi All, (sorry for long post, but trying to keep all questions in 1 post per moderator guidelines):

I will be applying ILR for my partner and 2 of my kids shortly (I already have the ILR) via the 5 year route as PBS Tier-1 General Dependent. I have read many messages on the forum, but just want to reconfirm a few things (I am very nervous)
- Section 1: Here, I fill my partner's details as applicant (not mine?). Is there anyplace I need to provide my details and show finances?
- Section 2: I only fill starting 2.8 (and leave everything before this blank?)
- Section 5: I just fill in 5.1 through 5.5, and leave the rest of the section blank? My partner does not work and has no income. Do I need to show any proof of my income etc or not?
- 6.1: I assume this is the date of first entry not the visa issuance date (My family arrived 4 months after their original visa issuance). We are applying based on completing 5 years from the date of issuance, not arrival.
- 6.3: Which option do I check? None of these seem applicable for my partner as PBS dependent do not need to show evidence.
- Page 23 (6.12 through 6.14): Do I need to fill this page 3 times (once for my partner, and once each for each of my 2 kids?) how will HO know which page belongs to which person (do I just write their names at the top of the page?). Funny thing is that if my partner were applying with me, she will not have to fill anything about her absences. When she is applying separately, the whole history needs to be filled in 6.2
- 7.13: What should we enter here? Technically, family would've been here 4 years and 8 months on the date of application (which is less than 5 years.) will this be a problem?
- 7.14: What is the purpose of this section and how can this impact the application?

iubus2005
United Kingdom

Re: PBS (Tier 1 General) dependent ILR Application Questions

Post by iubus2005 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:45 pm

Dear Experts and Gurus,
Any help, please? I know the questions are very basic but it will be great to get expert opinions.

Cheers.

iubus2005
United Kingdom

ILR Set (O) Online Application after already scheduled PEO appointment

Post by iubus2005 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:44 am

I recently booked the PEO appointment for my partner and kids' ILR application. I have already booked an paid for the appointment.

At the time, I did not realize that there is an option to fill Set (O) application online.The online application is so much simpler to fill! Is there a way to still use online application without having to re-book and repay the fees? The fees is so high that I cannot afford to pay again and don't want to cancel my existing appointment till I have another one booked.
(currently, it does not even show any availability for PEO appointments)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Set (O) Online Application after already scheduled PEO appointment

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:56 am

I understand that using the online form progresses and you then book appointment as part of the process. I am not sure if you can use the form now after you have already booked and paid.

Paper form is much simpler for dependents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:01 am

- Section 1: Here, I fill my partner's details as applicant (not mine?). Is there anyplace I need to provide my details and show finances?
Your spouse is the main applicant. No you don't have to provide your details as you are not applying.
- Section 2: I only fill starting 2.8 (and leave everything before this blank?)
Yes
- Section 5: I just fill in 5.1 through 5.5, and leave the rest of the section blank? My partner does not work and has no income. Do I need to show any proof of my income etc or not?
Yes, 5.1 to 5.5.
- 6.1: I assume this is the date of first entry not the visa issuance date (My family arrived 4 months after their original visa issuance). We are applying based on completing 5 years from the date of issuance, not arrival.

It asks for date ENTERED the UK and not for visa start date. You put the date of entry.
- 6.3: Which option do I check? None of these seem applicable for my partner as PBS dependent do not need to show evidence.
Not required for dependents.
- Page 23 (6.12 through 6.14): Do I need to fill this page 3 times (once for my partner, and once each for each of my 2 kids?) how will HO know which page belongs to which person (do I just write their names at the top of the page?). Funny thing is that if my partner were applying with me, she will not have to fill anything about her absences. When she is applying separately, the whole history needs to be filled in 6.2
She should complete 6.2 for herself. 6.12 and 6.14 is for your child. Does it ask you to write names at the top of the page?? No it does not.
- 7.13: What should we enter here? Technically, family would've been here 4 years and 8 months on the date of application (which is less than 5 years.) will this be a problem?
Write the truth. HO know the rules!!
- 7.14: What is the purpose of this section and how can this impact the application?
Complete the form as required, simply stating if any direct family is in home country. It is NOT a trick question.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

iubus2005
United Kingdom

Post by iubus2005 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:24 am

Thanks CR001.
A quick follow-up [quote]She should complete 6.2 for herself. 6.12 and 6.14 is for your child. Does it ask you to write names at the top of the page?? No it does not[/quote]

Do we still need to make copies of the page with questions 6.12 through 6.14 for each of the kid? I know it does not ask to write the names at the top. I was just wondering (in case of multiple copies of the page), how they will know which page belongs to whom. In our case, the answers are different for one of the kid.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:28 am

There is no absence limit for dependents with visas issued before 11th January.

Simply complete the form, HO will check the passport date stamps if they wish to.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

iubus2005
United Kingdom

Official requirements for cohabitation documents

Post by iubus2005 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:24 am

Hi All,
I am filling out the SET (O) for my partner. I only see the following in the form
"If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying
at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you
were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the
whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and
your spouse."

This only asks the cohabitation documents since the last granted leave (in our case, the last extension granted was in Nov 2017). So, do we only show documents for the last 7--8 months?

I have seen many posts that cohabitation documents are required for two years, spread over 4 months, from a minimum number of sources and a minimum number of letters. However, I cannot find the language in official documents. Can someone please point me to it?

iubus2005
United Kingdom

Re: Official requirements for cohabitation documents

Post by iubus2005 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:46 pm

Dear All,
Can someone please help clarify what documents we need to take as a proof of cohabitation or the exact requirements? Also, we are applying via a 5 year route. So, do I need to show cohabitation for the last 5 years or just two years before the application?

shinhwa
China

Post by shinhwa » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:37 pm

iubus2005 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:24 am
Hi All,
I am filling out the SET (O) for my partner. I only see the following in the form
"If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying
at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you
were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the
whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and
your spouse."

This only asks the cohabitation documents since the last granted leave (in our case, the last extension granted was in Nov 2017). So, do we only show documents for the last 7--8 months?

I have seen many posts that cohabitation documents are required for two years, spread over 4 months, from a minimum number of sources and a minimum number of letters. However, I cannot find the language in official documents. Can someone please point me to it?
Hi. I really have something similar with you.

The paragragh you have quoted from the form is requirments about situation of dependants applying with main applicant together. But how about dependants applying seperately? There's nothing on the document pages!😓 Should it be the same with applying together?

iubus2005
United Kingdom

Post by iubus2005 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:16 pm

Hi Shinwa,
Yes, I find the form SET(O) very confusing if a Dependent is applying without the main applicant. (unfortunately, I already paid for PSC appointment and now have to use the paper form)

If you've not done it already, the online form is much cleaner and simpler as it only asks you the relevant questions. For example, in case of online form, you don't need to fill any of the travel details for any dependent (unless you've received an extension since Jan 11, 2018). However, in form Set (O), you are expected to fill all the travel details. Same for section 5 in Set (O), which is not needed in online application, and you don't have to waste all the paper printing section 9!

Anyway, at this point, I am looking to confirm the guidance for cohabitation documents (i.e. 2 or 5 years?). I am currently only planning to include the following since Jan 2016:

January 2016 - Council Tax Bill (Source 1)
March 2016 - Council Tax Bill
April 2016 - Electricity Bill (Source 2)
May 2016 - Bank Statement (Source 3)
July 2016 - Electricity Bill
September 2016 - Water Bill
Nov 2016 - Bank Statement
Jan 2017 - Bank Statement
March 2017 - Council Tax Bill
March 2017 - Electricity Bill
June 2017 - Electricity Bill
August 2017 - Electricity Bill
September 2017 - Water Bill
October 2017 - Electricity Bill
December 2017 - Electricity Bill
Jan 2018 - Council Tax Bill
January 2018 - Water Bill
March 2018 - Council Tax Bill
May 2018 - Bank Statement
June 2018 - Bank Statement

(Appointment is in July)

Hope this is enough?

Echoes
United Kingdom

Post by Echoes » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:30 pm

What’s even more confusing is the fact that the online form does not ask for any cohabitation documents at all. I sent some for my family anyway as it’s better to err on the side of caution.

My understanding is, they want to see documents evenly spread over last two years.

shinhwa
China

Post by shinhwa » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:58 pm

iubus2005 wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:16 pm
Hi Shinwa,
Yes, I find the form SET(O) very confusing if a Dependent is applying without the main applicant. (unfortunately, I already paid for PSC appointment and now have to use the paper form)

If you've not done it already, the online form is much cleaner and simpler as it only asks you the relevant questions. For example, in case of online form, you don't need to fill any of the travel details for any dependent (unless you've received an extension since Jan 11, 2018). However, in form Set (O), you are expected to fill all the travel details. Same for section 5 in Set (O), which is not needed in online application, and you don't have to waste all the paper printing section 9!

Anyway, at this point, I am looking to confirm the guidance for cohabitation documents (i.e. 2 or 5 years?). I am currently only planning to include the following since Jan 2016:

January 2016 - Council Tax Bill (Source 1)
March 2016 - Council Tax Bill
April 2016 - Electricity Bill (Source 2)
May 2016 - Bank Statement (Source 3)
July 2016 - Electricity Bill
September 2016 - Water Bill
Nov 2016 - Bank Statement
Jan 2017 - Bank Statement
March 2017 - Council Tax Bill
March 2017 - Electricity Bill
June 2017 - Electricity Bill
August 2017 - Electricity Bill
September 2017 - Water Bill
October 2017 - Electricity Bill
December 2017 - Electricity Bill
Jan 2018 - Council Tax Bill
January 2018 - Water Bill
March 2018 - Council Tax Bill
May 2018 - Bank Statement
June 2018 - Bank Statement

(Appointment is in July)

Hope this is enough?
Thank you very much for the detailed reply.

The same as you, unfortunately I also have to use the paper form... :roll: I booked the PSC before the online service opened again. :( My appointment is on 28th! Fingers cross!

I am also going to provide the documents since 2016. Over preparing should be better than taking a risk. Good luck!

iubus2005
United Kingdom

Post by iubus2005 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:39 am

[quote=Echoes post_id=1648328 time=1529429449 user_id=82075]
What’s even more confusing is the fact that the online form does not ask for any cohabitation documents at all. I sent some for my family anyway as it’s better to err on the side of caution.

My understanding is, they want to see documents evenly spread over last two years.
[/quote]

Yes, that is true. The online form does not ask for Cohabitation Document. I am not sure why home office is not allowing using the online form for everyone, with or without PSC appointment? It will be so much better even for case workers to receive only required pages by mail.

I am pretty upset with myself that I missed using online form (and now it is very hard to switch, unless you are willing to change the date and double pay till you get refund for old booking!!)

iubus2005
United Kingdom

Dependent ILR Application (Urgent questions)

Post by iubus2005 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:15 pm

Dear All,
About to visit PSC for ILR of my partner and kids (I already have the ILR). My partner does not work.
a) Do we need to show any documents related to Section 5 - Your home and finances
b) Do we need to show my income (even though I am not applying with her) and recent bank statements to prove family income?
c) I read in some posts that you have to prove that you have accommodation to support the family. Is that true? If yes, what kind of things to show to prove it? I didn't see any section in the application or the guidance notes for this.

Thank you very much in advance.