ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M) from Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent)?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rastica
Newly Registered
Canada

SET(M) from Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent)?

Post by rastica » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:51 pm

Hi there,

I am married to a British citizen, but when I moved (back) to the UK in 2015, his income was not high enough for me to be eligible for the spousal visa. So instead I applied for and received the Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent [Exceptional Promise]) visa, for 3 years.

Since it expires in December, I am now getting ready to apply for the extension to the visa, for another 2 years – to tide me over until I can apply for ILR in 2020 under the 5 years guidance.

But it occurred to me to check if I can instead apply for ILR under SET(M)? Since with the Spousal visa, you only need 2 years of marriage and residence.

I assume not, but since it would save me a lot of money, double checking here...

Thank you to anyone who knows!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET(M) from Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent)?

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:46 pm

No, you cannot use set(m) if you hold a tier 1 visa.

A spouse visa requires 5 years residence for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rastica
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: SET(M) from Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent)?

Post by rastica » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:58 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:46 pm
No, you cannot use set(m) if you hold a tier 1 visa.

A spouse visa requires 5 years residence for ILR.
OK great. Thank you! I just wanted to be extra-sure!