ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Sincere Query please - appointment in 1 day

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

applicant2018
Newly Registered
India

clarification on letter from my employer

Post by applicant2018 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:06 am

Hi All,

I am due to apply for my ILR - 5 year route Tier 2 General along with my spouse as my dependant.
My employer is issuing me the letter which confirms my absences and also the need for me to continue working with them in the UK. I am not pasting the whole letter here just the section which I want advice on.
-------
Mr.A's annual leave allowance is 25 days a year in addition to UK bank holidays and I also confirm that his absences listed on the attached sheet are in accordance with our records and he has not had any unpaid leave or unauthorised absences during his employment with us.
There is a continuing need for Mr.A to remain in employment with XYZ Ltd in the UK and we fully support his application for indefinite leave to remain in the UK.
--------
My first question is - the absences attached with the employer letter are not printed on the letter head but instead a printed excel sheet listing of all my absence from the UK. Is that acceptable or the excel sheet also needs to be printed on the letter head too?

My second question is - is the second statement in acceptable format for confirming the foreseeable future requirement for my employment with my sponsor?

Thanks is advance.

applicant2018
Newly Registered
India

Re: clarification on letter from my employer

Post by applicant2018 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:52 am

Hi Admins and members - requesting your inputs on this please....

applicant2018
Newly Registered
India

Help needed Set O - 7.13. How long have you lived in the UK

Post by applicant2018 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:03 pm

Hi All,

I first entered UK in 2010 as a student then converted to PSW then spent 5 years on Tier 2 General.
I am due to apply for my ILR - 5 year route Tier 2 General along with my spouse as my dependent.

In Set O form for the question '7.13. How long have you lived in the UK' - should I state 5 years - which is the period of stay on which this application is based or should I state 8 years?

Many thanks in advance!

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Help needed Set O - 7.13. How long have you lived in the UK

Post by CMOSUK » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:31 pm

From my understanding it is, for thr routes that your are currently on, so 5 years on Tier 2.

I think later on in the application it does ask you your total time spend in the UK.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

applicant2018
Newly Registered
India

Post by applicant2018 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:07 pm

CMOSUK wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:31 pm
From my understanding it is, for thr routes that your are currently on, so 5 years on Tier 2.

I think later on in the application it does ask you your total time spend in the UK.
Thanks CMOSUK, yes that is what I am confused about in question 7.13 should I just state 5 years or 8 years.

I did search the forums here as well and got some contradictory results, where some people even though on student visa before have put only their time on Tier 2 General i.e. 5 years in section 7.13 and some people have added the time on student visa also and put that in 7.13

Would appreciate if other senior members can advice please as I am running out of time .....

thanks again.

applicant2018
Newly Registered
India

Post by applicant2018 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:41 am

Hi All, apologies for reaching out again, my 2 questions have been merged into one topic, thats fine, i respect the moderators here and understand that everyone is v busy and appreciate all te help received so far. My form is being filled in by the immigration agent and they said that for 7.13 they are not very fussed and have only included the Tier 2 time i.e. 5 yrs or 4 yr 11 months. Some older posts on this forum suggested that others in the similar situation have done that as well. Hence I was just checking if that is ok?

Can someone when they have time also please respond to my 1 questions on clarification on employer letter - which has now already been issued to me.....

thanks again and I do respect each and everyone's time here!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:45 am

You should be asking your 'immigration agent' for advise as that is what you are paying for.

Either date is fine. There is no 'right or wrong' answer. If you put the tier 2 time, simply add a note to the 'additional information' page.

HO clearly have your immigration record and history!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

applicant2018
Newly Registered
India

Post by applicant2018 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:39 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:45 am
You should be asking your 'immigration agent' for advise as that is what you are paying for.

Either date is fine. There is no 'right or wrong' answer. If you put the tier 2 time, simply add a note to the 'additional information' page.

HO clearly have your immigration record and history!!
thank you very much CR001 for your reply. highly appreciated!
Can you also have a look at my post in the same thread 'clarification on letter from my employer' and reply when time permits please?
many thanks again! have a good afternoon.... :)

applicant2018
Newly Registered
India

Urgent Sincere Query please - appointment in 1 day

Post by applicant2018 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:17 pm

Tier 2 General 5 yrs - applying for ILR - appointment in 1 day - please help.

I have prepared and printed and attached a sheet with the application form SET (O) a list of all my absences which is coming to less than 150 days totally across 5 years. My employer is not giving me a detailed list of all absences for 5 years.

However in the Employer letter they have mentioned a paragraph -

MR.A's annual leave allowance is 25 days a year in addition to UK bank holidays and I also confirm that his absences listed on the attached sheet are in accordance with our records and he has not had any unpaid leave or unauthorised absences during his employment with us.

-------
will this suffice please?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent Sincere Query please - appointment in 1 day

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:35 am

It should be enough
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Re: Urgent Sincere Query please - appointment in 1 day

Post by apsk » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:11 am

applicant2018 wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:17 pm
Tier 2 General 5 yrs - applying for ILR - appointment in 1 day - please help.

I have prepared and printed and attached a sheet with the application form SET (O) a list of all my absences which is coming to less than 150 days totally across 5 years. My employer is not giving me a detailed list of all absences for 5 years.

However in the Employer letter they have mentioned a paragraph -

MR.A's annual leave allowance is 25 days a year in addition to UK bank holidays and I also confirm that his absences listed on the attached sheet are in accordance with our records and he has not had any unpaid leave or unauthorised absences during his employment with us.

-------
will this suffice please?
Not to forget, your passport will have all entry stamps to confirm your holidays. So, it should be enough with that statement from your employer about the paid holidays.