ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Receiving document back from Sheffield

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Vikas17
Newly Registered

Receiving document back from Sheffield

Post by Vikas17 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:41 pm

Hi
I have applied for spouse visa (standard)
On 19th of July. I been taking advise and following this site. Today is more then two months I havnt received my documents back from Sheffield. Is there anything to worry about? Shall I contact them an ask about it? Or anyone same boat as me?
Please advise it's really worrying me.
Thanks

samkahn
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Receiving document back from Sheffield

Post by samkahn » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:22 pm

Most people get theirs back in about two weeks. Did you send them via recorded delivery, with a self addressed envelope/bag included? (Also was the SAE marked as recorded delivery). If it was sent via recorded, then you should have a tracking number.

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:58 pm

There has been many people who didn't get their documents back until decision was made or weeks after documents were sent to Sheffield, you'll find many similar threads here. You can ask them for your application status via email or phone call but not getting your back is not something you should be worrying yourself with.

As long as they have received your documents and you have sent a prepaid envelope it will be ok.
Biometrics Karachi 04/08/17
Decision received 11/10 (Visa refused on subsisting relationship)
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
Decision withdrawn 26/02/18
Decision overturned 29/03/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

FXR_1340
Member of Standing
Scotland

Post by FXR_1340 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:16 pm

Our recent application for a fiance visa recently completed successfully.

We were rather concerned about our docs. Mine arrived back in 7 days. My partners docs took (and are taking) much longer.

An email to Sheffield (then another as the first was not answered!) advised us that her docs were heading back to USA. It was then necessary to complete a form attached to the email and post it to the local visa office in New Jersey. That was posted 7 days ago.

We now await a date to go collect the docs.

I fear had we not enquired about the docs we would never have known the process to collect.

Skay04
Newly Registered

Post by Skay04 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:40 pm

Hello I applied on the 26th July (priority) and yes I still haven’t got my documents back either but I applied through solicitor and he sent them off. But honestly don’t worry about it a lot of people documents don’t come back til after decision has been made

Vikas17 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:41 pm
Hi
On 19th of July. I been taking advise and following this site. Today is more then two months I havnt received my documents back from Sheffield. Is there anything to worry about? Shall I contact them an ask about it? Or anyone same boat as me?
Thanks

FXR_1340
Member of Standing
Scotland

Post by FXR_1340 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:12 pm

Just been advised that an appointment at the US visa centre has been made and the documents can then be collected.

November! 8 damn weeks before they can get their finger out and return my partners documents.

We cant make any marriage arrangements until the docs are at hand. Meanwhile the life of the visa is being eaten away as my partner cant travel because her documents must be collected in person.

This whole process has been outrageous. It cost the best part of 2000 quid to get the visa. Of course the money isnt for the visa. Its for the service. Well the service is shocking and unacceptable.

I am raging!!!!!!!

Vikas17
Newly Registered

Post by Vikas17 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:10 am

Skay04 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:40 pm
Hello I applied on the 26th July (priority) and yes I still haven’t got my documents back either but I applied through solicitor and he sent them off. But honestly don’t worry about it a lot of people documents don’t come back til after decision has been made

Vikas17 wrote:
Hi
Thanks

Hi thanks for replying. Have you been to uk before?

Skay04
Newly Registered

Post by Skay04 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:16 pm

Hi no problem & I am from the U.K. I did the spouse visa application for my husband what about you?
Vikas17 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:10 am
Skay04 wrote:

Vikas17 wrote:
Hi
Thanks

Vikas17
Newly Registered

Post by Vikas17 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:22 am

metanoia wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:58 pm
There has been many people who didn't get their documents back until decision was made or weeks after documents were sent to Sheffield, you'll find many similar threads here. You can ask them for your application status via email or phone call but not getting your back is not something you should be worrying yourself with.

As long as they have received your documents and you have sent a prepaid envelope it will be ok.
Hi
Thank for the advise.
Yes I did sent the envelope and my wife did call week after sending document that they have received the documents. Only thing worries me as why they havnt sent my documents back. Like I’m close to my 60 working days. Don’t know if it will effect my case or not.
Any advise as I have been visited uk many times for my studies.

Thanks

Vikas17
Newly Registered

Post by Vikas17 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:27 am

Skay04 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:16 pm
Hi no problem & I am from the U.K. I did the spouse visa application for my husband what about you?
Vikas17 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:10 am
Skay04 wrote:

Vikas17 wrote:
Hi
Thanks

Hi
I’m the applicant
My wife is from uk. But due to my studies I have visited uk many times in past 7 years. And we got married after 4 years long relationship 😁. Will I get any advantage of coming to uk before? As I have visited many times and always left country in time.

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:16 am

Vikas17 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:22 am

Hi
Thank for the advise.
Yes I did sent the envelope and my wife did call week after sending document that they have received the documents. Only thing worries me as why they havnt sent my documents back. Like I’m close to my 60 working days. Don’t know if it will effect my case or not.
Any advise as I have been visited uk many times for my studies.

Thanks
Considering the delays, don't worry about it too much. If you read the timeline thread you'll see each case has different timeframe in getting documents back.

Every case is decided on its individual merits. So your visits to uk has no bearing on the decision.
Biometrics Karachi 04/08/17
Decision received 11/10 (Visa refused on subsisting relationship)
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
Decision withdrawn 26/02/18
Decision overturned 29/03/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

Vikas17
Newly Registered

Post by Vikas17 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:56 am

Hi everyone
Today I received message from vfs. Saying “The processed visa application for GWFXXxXxX will be delivered to the chosen address.”
Also received same email from vfs.

But when I contacted Sheffield office
They said in their system it still shows decision awaiting.
But they also said it might be the system is not updated. I’m really confuse what to do?
Anybody have any advise about it?

alukozai
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by alukozai » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:05 am

Hi everyone I have applied for my wife visa I mad online application in priority service on 21 May 2018 and than she submits her biometric at VFS in Karachi on 25 May 2018 and I have send the original documents to shafield on 30 May and they have revived on 31 May but today is 20 Jun but still i have not received any document back and also I haven't received any email from them I am so worried can any one advice me please please

arfinkhan128
Bangladesh

Post by arfinkhan128 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:05 am

[quote=alukozai post_id=1648418 time=1529453133 user_id=197256
Hi everyone I have applied for my wife visa I mad online application in priority service on 21 May 2018 and than she submits her biometric at VFS in Karachi on 25 May 2018 and I have send the original documents to shafield on 30 May and they have revived on 31 May but today is 20 Jun but still i have not received any document back and also I haven't received any email from them I am so worried can any one advice me please please
[/quote]

It is normal to take a few weeks for the documents to return even though you had paid for Priority service which aims to make a decision within 30 working days which isn’t guaranteed and can still take up to 60 working days.
You have nothing to worry about just wait you will receive an email saying “application is under consideration “ following the email you will receive your documents back the same week. judging by reading most recent timelines in the timeline threads.

Nkhan18
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Nkhan18 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:47 am

alukozai wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:05 am
Hi
I'm also waiting for my documents to be sent gave my biometric on 3rd of May. Priority Application its over 30 working days now. Received an automated email on 8th of June "application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer".

alukozai
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by alukozai » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:54 am

Hi
Thanks for you information have you received your supporting document back from home office I haven't received anything back from them and also I haven't received any email or call from them it' really make me in stress

Nkhan18
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Nkhan18 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:53 pm

alukozai wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:54 am
Hi
Thanks for you information have you received your supporting document back from home office I haven't received anything back from them and also I haven't received any email or call from them it' really make me in stress
Hi
I still have not received it waiting.... I called my solicitor today and asked have you received my documents back he said no but last week Home office emailed him saying he did not sent prepaid envelope to send the documents back, which he saying he did. Also today I received a phone call from home office took about 30 mins phone interview asked about my 2nd job as I showed to jobs.