ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visit visa Queries

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

visit visa Queries

Post by tcpip_helper » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:17 am

Hello Members,
My parents are applying for visit visa from Pakistan, just few queries and I’d be so grateful if you can reply please.
1. As I am sponsoring their whole trip including air tickets, accommodation, food etc, can I scan and email my bank statements, tenancy agreement, passport copy etc to my parents for submission, or should I send them via courier?

2. Does any of my document needs to be certify from solicitor that it is a true copy of the original?

3. My father owns his house, ground floor has been rented out, he received rent as cash, since it’s a cash payment we can’t prove that rent as his income other than providing rent receipts and tenancy agreement, do you think that would be ok or we are better off without showing any rental income at all?

4. I am in UK with my family, my married sister also lives here with family, one brother and sister lives in Pak, to prove family ties do I need to provide any doc from my siblings who are in Pak?

5. One of the question in online form asked about your family, my father will mention me and my sister but does he need to show his son-in-law, daughter-in-law and their kids as well? As when you choose the relationship status it has option for grandkids as well, I am a bit worried declaring all the kids as my sister had a baby few months back and UKBA might thought my parents are coming to look after the baby which is not the case here.

thanks again for your valuable input.
Regards,

immee
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: visit visa Queries

Post by immee » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:07 am

Hi

I can only share my experience as my parents have been to the UK for short trips quite a few times. So my thoughts are below but you should take legal advice.

1 - I have used both scanned and original sponsor documents on different applications but never had an issue. If you want to be safe and avoid unnecessary queires, then best is to send via a courier.

2 - I never did mine in about 5 times my parents travelled after i sponsored them.

3 - I think you can just explain it, but PCO is unlikely to consider it while there would be no evidence But you should always be truthful. My mom has a property and she recieves rent whilst there is no formal agreement, she has always mentioned this in her application and she never had this issue.. Though she also had other formal income shown in her application recently.

4 - Yes it is best to provide something e.g. family registeration certificate from Nadra and explain that in a cover letter of where they lives and what they do. YOu need to provide as much details as possible as this whole visit visa revolves around social and financial ties in the home country.

5- Again, it is best to provide details of everyone.. You can even mention that they would also come visit and see your sister kids, why not.. My mother recently got her 2 years visit visa approved while she was coming for post natal care.

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:21 pm

thanks for you reply.

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:29 pm

Hi Again,

my parents are applying for visit visa to visit me and my sister in uk, my other brother and married sister lives permanently in Karachi, what docs i can possibly provide to satisfy the following requirement. thanks

Evidence of family members remaining in your home country whilst you travel.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:50 pm

IDs, utility bills, tax returns, property docs, passports displaying your mother's name etc... of your brother/sister should help
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:51 pm

thanks