ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Golben_bird
Newly Registered

Post by Golben_bird » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:32 pm

stacyf wrote:I've been waiting almost 7 weeks since submitting my naturalisation application via NCS, and I still haven't received acknowledgment or had my card debited. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Also, does anyone know whether delays are occurring to the whole process, or once they finally assign my application to someone should it take the usual amount of time from that point on?
Thanks
see pervious page of this talk. I had the same problem.

havoc
Newly Registered

Post by havoc » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:28 am

NCS or Postal : Postal
Date of submission or posting : 22 Apr 08
CRITERIA : 15 yr stay + 2 yr ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card : awaiting
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : N/A
Date of receipt of approval : N/A
Date of Ceremony : N/A
Date of appln. for passport : N/A
Method used : N/A
Date of Receipt : N/A

havoc
Newly Registered

Post by havoc » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:30 am

I'll be going on holiday on July 14th, would it be possible for me to get my passport back from the home office to go on holiday, if they still haven't finished processing my application.thanks

shabrawy
Newly Registered

Post by shabrawy » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:38 pm

Any idea about the interview for the UK passport, how it is arranged and am I able to change the date??

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:53 pm

shabrawy wrote:Any idea about the interview for the UK passport, how it is arranged and am I able to change the date??
They'll send u a letter once ur passport app is approved inviting u to book an appt.You shld be able to get an appt within 2-3 days of getting the letter although it might mean travelling to some obscure interview centre a couple of hours away from u.The 'interview' is supposed to last 40 mins but in my case (as I imagine is the case with most ppl)it lasted roughly 10 mins and mainly involved questions relating to info in the app form(mom,dad's DOB/date of marriage,previous adds,questions abt countersignatory etc)

You receive the passport within 2-3 working days of the interview.I thought the interview was pointless & a waste of time but I suppose it might help identify individividuals who've passed the Life in UK test fraudulently

shabrawy
Newly Registered

Post by shabrawy » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:24 am

thirdwave

thank you for your answer

agganesh
Newly Registered

Post by agganesh » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:54 pm

thirdwave wrote:
shabrawy wrote:Any idea about the interview for the UK passport, how it is arranged and am I able to change the date??
... but I suppose it might help identify individividuals who've passed the Life in UK test fraudulently
I don't think so. The passport interviews for everyone including who are britsh by birth.

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:58 pm

agganesh wrote:
thirdwave wrote:
... but I suppose it might help identify individividuals who've passed the Life in UK test fraudulently
I don't think so. The passport interviews for everyone including who are britsh by birth.
How many people born in this country would wait until after 18 to apply for their first passport ??

macaroni

Post by macaroni » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:15 pm

tuna108
Newly Registered

Post by tuna108 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:24 pm

In case anyone is interested...I sent my application in through NCS on March 19 and received my acknowledgement today.

sams

Post by sams » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:54 pm

As per the requirement in naturalisation application is One referee should be a person of professional standing, as per the list in Annex A.

Does a civil engineer is considered as an Engineer(with professional qualifications) given in
Home Office AnnexA (Referees: List of acceptable professional persons) http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary?
The confusion is what do they mean by (with professional qualifications)?

gaman

Post by gaman » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:47 pm

Submitted through NCS - 17th March
Money taken off my card today.

shabrawy
Newly Registered

Post by shabrawy » Fri May 02, 2008 2:43 pm

Is the passport interview is for every first time applicant??
because i have a couple of friends who got the passport recently without an interview

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Sat May 03, 2008 8:34 am

shabrawy wrote:Is the passport interview is for every first time applicant??
because i have a couple of friends who got the passport recently without an interview
They are only interviewing around 1/5th of applicants currently but it is expected to be rolled out for most applicants once all the interview centres are open by the end of this year.

stacyf
Newly Registered

Post by stacyf » Wed May 07, 2008 2:32 pm

NCS appointment: Mon 3 March
Application received by home office: Wed 5 March
Card debited: 25 April
Acknowledgment letter received: 28 April
Approval: Waiting...

havoc
Newly Registered

Post by havoc » Fri May 16, 2008 6:23 am

Date of debit of debit/credit card : 16/05/2008
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : N/A

havoc
Newly Registered

Post by havoc » Sat May 17, 2008 3:32 pm

Date of debit of debit/credit card : 16/05/2008
Date of receipt of acknowledgement :17/05/2008

havoc
Newly Registered

Post by havoc » Sun May 18, 2008 1:58 am

hi can somebody answer my question me and my sister have both applied for naturalization and are twins, but the problem is in her passport theirs a mistake with her place of birth and she didn't mention it when she sent her application off ;it should be the same place of birth as mine but isn't.Does the home office check these kind of things for twins and what would happen if they do an the repercussions of this.Thankyou

agganesh
Newly Registered

Post by agganesh » Fri May 23, 2008 12:16 pm

thirdwave wrote:
agganesh wrote:
thirdwave wrote:
How many people born in this country would wait until after 18 to apply for their first passport ??
Childern first get child passport and they must change it to adult passport when they reach 18 and that's when they have to attend the interview.

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Fri May 23, 2008 9:54 pm

agganesh wrote:
thirdwave wrote:
agganesh wrote:
thirdwave wrote:
Childern first get child passport and they must change it to adult passport when they reach 18 and that's when they have to attend the interview.
Ag, The interviews are only for first time applicants over the age of 18 so that excludes individuals changing their passports at 18 because they`ve outgrown the photo on their passports..

rabey
Newly Registered

Naturalisation ~ Any one applied through solocitor?

Post by rabey » Tue May 27, 2008 3:43 pm

Dear Friends,

I have got my ILR last year and now planning to apply for Naturalisation soon. I have read many posts on this web site and arrived at a conclusion the NCS (Nationality Checking Service) is the best option to send the application. But, last year during my ILR application, I have faced few hick-ups. Basically I had around six months gap between my work permits. But, with the support of the adequate paperwork and solicitor's representation, I have overcome the problem and succeeded in getting my ILR.

Now, do I need to send the application through the solicitor representation? or send it through NCS? Which will be the wise decision? I would love to hear your thoughts. Also, can you please advice me a checklist of things to send along with the application?

Many thanks,

Rabey

Marie B

Post by Marie B » Thu May 29, 2008 9:05 pm

This is my husband's timeline:

NCS or Postal : NCS
Date of submission or posting : 28 May 08
CRITERIA : 3 years residence as spouse of British Citizen (+ ILR)
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 2 June (3 working days after NCS!)
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 4 June
Date of receipt of approval : 19 September
Date of Ceremony : 25 September
Date of appln. for passport : 2 October*
Method used :
Date of Receipt :

* Additional documents have been requested to prove that he has been resident at our address for the past three years - seems slightly odd as he applied for ILR as a spouse and we both had to send in all the documentation to show that we lived at the same address so Home Office have seen proof already. Now they want a letter to confirm his addresses over the last 3 years. Apparently this is asked for if you have ever had post returned to sender - and we've both had loads sent back as a crazy woman lives in one of the flats downstairs and sends people's post back if she can get her hands on it! Aghhh...
Last edited by Marie B on Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

shabrawy
Newly Registered

Post by shabrawy » Fri May 30, 2008 10:52 am

Citizenship & Passport

Date of submission or posting : 29/2/08
CRITERIA : 10yrs+1 ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 12/3/08
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 15/3/08
Date of receipt of approval : 15/4/08 (Dated 10/4/08 )
Invitation Letter: 18/4/08
Date of Ceremony : 22/4/08
Date of appln. for passport :1/5/08
Method used : check & send
Interview date: 24/5/08
Date of Receipt : 28/5/08

All done all the best for you all

:D

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Fri May 30, 2008 3:13 pm

Three months for the end to end process I've to say is a pretty impressive turn around time especially in the light of the current waiting times of 3-6 months as indicated on a few posts on this forum.

Golben_bird
Newly Registered

Post by Golben_bird » Sat May 31, 2008 4:16 pm

My timetable:

NCS or Postal : NCS
Date of submission or posting : 11 March 08
CRITERIA : 3 years residence as spouse of British Citizen (+ ILR)
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 15 April 2008
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 18 April 2008
Date of receipt of approval : 30 May 2008
Date of Ceremony :
Date of appln. for passport :
Method used :
Date of Receipt :

Good luck to everyone!!!!