ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 5 YMV TO Spouse PSC - Glasgow Visa Advice

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Zamroo2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Blacking out Bank Statements/Whatapp - Spouse Visa

Post by Zamroo2 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:53 pm

Hello

I am applying for my Spouse Visa for the first time, was hoping someone could help about the bank statements? My Partner thinks it ok to blank out the all the other information that is not required because that is private/ sensitive information but I am under the belief that this will be a red flag for the ECO as trying to hide information? Does anyone know the about blacking out info?

My second question what is a recommended amount of pages to submit for whatsapp chat log? My partner and I have only been together a year and we live together and have over 600 pages of chatting, I obviously won't be submitting all that, just need help in how much

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Blacking out Bank Statements/Whatapp - Spouse Visa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:55 pm

Strongly suggest you do not black out stuff on your bank statement. It must be in the original untampered format. HO don't care about your spending habits.

You say partner, are you married or is it an unmarried partner visa?

Are you both in the UK or abroad??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zamroo2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Zamroo2 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:08 pm

Thanks for the quick reply I thought as much, I am Australian here on a Tier 5 YMV and he is British, he is actually my Fiance but out of my Australian habit I still say partner but now realise it means something rather different on this forum. We are both currently in the UK and we will be married next week and we will applying for FLR-M shortly after.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:24 pm

So a spouse visa the.

If applying on FLR(M) then no need for whatsapp chats etc, you need to prove cohabitation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zamroo2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Zamroo2 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:35 pm

Thanks again

We have been living together since December 2017, do we have to prove cohabitation from that date and after our wedding as our application date at the Premium Service Centre will be 2 weeks after our wedding?

I have included our whatsapp just to show from where our relationship started and progression etc

We have a joint bank statement, council tax, electricity bill and we shall be renewing our lease, actually a letter from the landlord with necessary details about the flat and also stating he will renew the lease under both our names if the visa is granted, will this be enough? I actually have 6 accomodation documents each but not sure how many to include if we only have three of the require four joint documents ?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:41 pm

We have been living together since December 2017, do we have to prove cohabitation from that date and after our wedding as our application date at the Premium Service Centre will be 2 weeks after our wedding?
Presumably you gave notice to married to an HO approved Registry office etc and received approval to marry if you are marrying in the UK?? Provide documents from when you started living together.
I have included our whatsapp just to show from where our relationship started and progression etc
Not required for applications within the UK.
We have a joint bank statement, council tax, electricity bill and we shall be renewing our lease, actually a letter from the landlord with necessary details about the flat and also stating he will renew the lease under both our names if the visa is granted, will this be enough? I actually have 6 accomodation documents each but not sure how many to include if we only have three of the require four joint documents ?
Should all be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Zamroo2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Zamroo2 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:02 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:41 pm
Presumably you gave notice to married to an HO approved Registry office etc and received approval to marry if you are marrying in the UK?? Provide documents from when you started living together.

Zamroo2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Zamroo2 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:07 pm

Yes marriage notice was given and not investigated, the only problem we my have of proving from the December is most of our bills are electronic and the paper ones we have are dated with the last three months or so

We have been scrambling to change all bills to paper in the last 2 months, as the proposal was rather a pleasant surprise and i was ready to be geering up for a long distance relationship from September

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:09 pm

Simply request paper copies from your providers.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Zamroo2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Zamroo2 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:18 pm

thank you for all you help, one last question, would that be a count against us with the ECO if we don't have enough Documents spread out since December? That's assuming we don't get everything we need in time

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:24 pm

No it should not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Zamroo2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Zamroo2 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:27 pm

Better to be safe than sorry, will get ordering !!!

Thank you for this forum, it is such a great help and hopefully will post in the next weeks with some good news

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:29 pm

You're welcome. Feel free to continue in this topic if you have any further questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Zamroo2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Payslip/Bank Statements and work letters - Spouse Visa

Post by Zamroo2 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:02 pm

Hello

Just stumbled upon a hurdle and was wondering if anyone can help me. My sponsors bank statements, payslips and work address on file is still at his parents house and was wondering if that will be an issue? He never bothered to change the information when he moved out ages ago and I did not bother checking on it,now what is is worrying me that will be a red flag to the ECO, the bank statements might not be an issue as we can get the 6 months Stamped and signed in branch but his work won’t update previous month payslips
Would a cover letter suffice to explain the above ?

Zamroo2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 5 YMV TO Spouse PSC - Glasgow Visa Advice

Post by Zamroo2 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:52 pm

Hello

This forum was a big help to me when applying for FLR-M visa, I thought I would give back as much as I can even if it helps just one person.

I am an Australian who was on a Tier 5 Youth mobility Visa, I met my husband in April 2017 and we were engaged in April 2018 and June 2018 respectively.

We gave our notice for marriage in Mid- May 2018, my visa was expiring in August 2018, and we were lucky to only wait 28 days notice. Give notice as soon as possible, with YMV, you currently do not need to wait 28 days to apply for the spouse visa, you can switch as soon as you are married.

In our case we did not receive a letter from HO, I contacted the registry directly after 14 days and they informed us HO left a note on their system saying they would not investigate, so if worried and have not received anything try contacting your local registry(nb we are in Scotland, rules differ according to location)

We applied via the same day service in Glasgow if applying from within the U.K, I WOULD highly recommend you save the extra cash for this, they seem to be more lenient in allowing time to include documents if you forget them.

Below is a list of documents I submitted with my application, I also submitted this appendix with the application, I have made notes in areas I felt a little bit of stress with and how I dealt with it.

2. DOCUMENTS APPENDIX

3. UKVI Booking Checklist ,Visa and IHS Payment

4. Completed UKVI Application form – 2 passport photos of applicant and 1 passport photo of sponsor

5. Applicant Requirements
a. Original passports – current
b. Certified birth certificate copy
c. Current Biometric Residence Permit
d. Copies of stated Documents

Only reason I had my birth certificate is because my middle name is used on my marriage certificate but is not on any other documents, so proof it is my name

6. Sponsor Requirements
a. Original passport – current
b. Sponsor Cover Letter
c. Copies of stated Documents

7. Proof of Financial Requirement
a. Cover Letter for financial transactions
b. Applicant HR Reference Letter from place of employment
c. Applicant 2017/2018 P60
d. Applicant payslips December 2017 - June 2016
e. Applicant Bank Statements
f. Copies of Stated Documents

I gave an extra month payslip as I had changed banks in May and the closing bank statement from my previous bank had December pay on , so included it for good measure. My cover letter included this including the breakdown of the pays and which bank the would find it on.

8. Proof of Accommodations Supporting Documents
a. Cover Letter for Accommodation Criteria
b. Letter from Landlord
c. Copy of Sponsors current lease Agreement 2017/2018
d. Joint - 2017/2018 Council Tax Bill
e. Joint - 2018/2019 Council Tax Bill
f. Joint - Bank of Scotland bank Account June 2018
g. Joint - Scottish Power Tariff Confirmation June 2018
h. Joint - Scottish Power Bill July 2018
i. Applicant BT Bill – December 2017
j. Applicant Electoral Register March 2018
k. Applicant Lloyds Bank Letter May 2018
l. Applicant Bank of Scotland Letter May 2018
m. Applicant 3 mobile bill June 2018
n. Sponsor DVLA Reminder June 2013
o. Sponsor Electoral Register Letter October 2014
p. Sponsor 2015/2016 Lease Agreement
q. Sponsor Council Tax Payment Confirmation Letter July 2017
r. Sponsor Bank Letter May 2018
s. Copies of Stated Documents -

Reasons I included a long history of sponsor documents was because i was showing he had been in the property for as long we said, and after a certain period he had very little paper correspondence so I used what I could find. I showed correspondance as much correspondance from the time I moved in as only had 10 days between when we got married and when our our appointment was

9. Proof of Relationship
a. Marriage Certificate
b. 20 photos – Relationship and Wedding Day
d. Holiday Documents
i. Train and Hotel Booking Confirmation
ii. Flight and Hotel Booking Confirmation
e. 2 x Copies of Marriage Certificate

I had an early appointment and got my visa in under two hours

Hope this helps