ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Research Conference Visit Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

muhammad usman 317
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Research Conference Visit Visa

Post by muhammad usman 317 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:48 pm

Hi all, I am applying for the UK visit visa in order to present my research paper at the conference being held at Glasgow University. Can anyone please inform me which option should I have to select/check while stating main reason for my visit. The following options are given

1. Tourism
2. Academic Visit
3. Transit
4. Business
5. Marriage
6. Private Medical Treatment
7. Other- I am visiting for another reason

Apparently, the most suitable option is the second one (Academic Visit) but in this option, I have to give a proof that I am going to the UK to perform some research activities (which apparently is not the case) and I have to provide a letter from the UK university which is going to host me.

So, I am not sure which option to select. I have a letter of invitation from the conference committee and a letter from my own university that I am going there to attend the conference. Should I go with Academic option and present these two letters while submitting my application? or should I select option 7 and state my reason of travel there?

Thank you!!

ouflak1

Re: Research Conference Visit Visa

Post by ouflak1 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:37 pm

muhammad usman 317 wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:48 pm
Hi all, I am applying for the UK visit visa in order to present my research paper at the conference being held at Glasgow University. Can anyone please inform me which option should I have to select/check while stating main reason for my visit. The following options are given

1. Tourism
2. Academic Visit
3. Transit
4. Business
5. Marriage
6. Private Medical Treatment
7. Other- I am visiting for another reason

Apparently, the most suitable option is the second one (Academic Visit) but in this option, I have to give a proof that I am going to the UK to perform some research activities (which apparently is not the case) and I have to provide a letter from the UK university which is going to host me.

So, I am not sure which option to select. I have a letter of invitation from the conference committee and a letter from my own university that I am going there to attend the conference. Should I go with Academic option and present these two letters while submitting my application? or should I select option 7 and state my reason of travel there?

Thank you!!
I do believe that presenting a research paper at a conference would most probably qualify as an academic visit.