ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FTS vs IGS; HSMP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mohsina
Newly Registered

FTS vs IGS; HSMP

Post by mohsina » Sat May 03, 2008 2:05 pm

HI

My sister has completed her studies from Scotland and still on student visa.

Today she got a job confirmation letter from a company in Manchester.

But not ready to take the job as she believes that her hsmp will get rejected if she worked on FTS in England.

We are still confuse what to do about it. Can anyone suggest anything

HSMP MESS

Post by HSMP MESS » Sat May 03, 2008 2:51 pm

SEE THE THREAD SWITCHING FROM FTS TO WORK PERMIT
LOTS OF INFO RE YOUR QUESTION

HSMP MESS

Post by HSMP MESS » Sat May 03, 2008 2:59 pm

Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:26 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THIS INFORMATION IS FROM THE ABOVE THREAD MENTIONED
" the requirement that one has to get employment in Scotland was challenged and that it is clear that you can legally work anywhere, despite what the Scottish Executive says. This may apply to actually working under the FTS (i.e. they cannot force you to remain in Scotland after you get it as long as it was your intention to do so when you applied), but definitely applies to work under a WP issued before your FT visa ran out."

mohsina
Newly Registered

Post by mohsina » Sun May 11, 2008 10:59 am

Does anyone know whether IGS is for 1 year or 2 years actually I have completed my master from England in Feb 2008 (now living in Scotland)I still have student visa valid till Feb 2009. Some people say that i should get IGS after 4 months of completion of the degree. But i dont want to waste my IGS untill i get good job.

Should i get IGS now or otherwise home office would not give me later (after 4 months)???

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Mon May 12, 2008 10:53 am

mohsina wrote:Does anyone know whether IGS is for 1 year or 2 years
1 year. The new 2 year scheme will launch some time after 30 June 2008.
actually I have completed my master from England in Feb 2008 (now living in Scotland)I still have student visa valid till Feb 2009. Some people say that i should get IGS after 4 months of completion of the degree. But i dont want to waste my IGS untill i get good job. Should i get IGS now or otherwise home office would not give me later (after 4 months)???
You should only have leave for the length of your course + 4 months, i.e. until the end of June 2008. Whatever the reason for you having a whole year extra, you cannot simply treat it as a free gift, because to be a non-student on a student visa is a big problem. You must still think of your student permission as ending in June 2008, and so you will need to either leave the UK or switch to a different status by the end of June.

If you wait longer to switch to IGS, you may well be refused the extension for having breached the terms of your student visa (i.e. you had a student visa, but you were not enrolled on a course). If you wait longer and work full-time beyond the +4 months, that is a second breach of the student rules.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.