ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MODL (Ocuupations in demand) related for skilled immigration

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ijh048
Newly Registered

MODL (Ocuupations in demand) related for skilled immigration

Post by ijh048 » Sat May 03, 2008 3:29 pm

hi

i am Software Quality Engineer and do white box testing (testing at code level) on ASP.Net applications using C# code. I am not a Developer but tester and do testing at code level from the last 2 years (total experience 3 years) (means i have good knowledge of C#)

As C# is included in MODL......can i qualify additional 15 points for skilled immigration as given in MODL for Australia??????? .....what document evidence is required to prove this (is company letter enough?)

Thanks a lot

thinker

Hi

Post by thinker » Mon May 05, 2008 3:14 am

To claim the points for MODL:

1. Your skills/qualifications should be assessed by the Skill Assessing Authority (in your case it will be ACS)

2. The assessment should state that your skills are "suitable" for your nominated occupation.

3. Your nominated occupation should be in MODL list at the time of making the application. Note that on the date of your application, if your nominated occupation is removed from the MODL list then you cannot claim any additional points for MODL.

In short, get your skills/qualification assessed by your Skill assessing authority.

Your employer letter will not be enough to claim the points for MODL.

gaurav_mmec
Newly Registered

MODL

Post by gaurav_mmec » Mon May 05, 2008 8:40 am

Hi,

What documents one needs to submit for MODL approval ?

Gaurav

Spark
- thin ice -

Post by Spark » Tue May 20, 2008 12:08 am

Well I would imagine that in my case (I'm in networking and security) it would be my Professional Certificates, if you have a degree then it would obviously be your certificate from that and if it's anything else, then I'm not too sure.
We make holes in the teeth
We make holes in the teeth.