ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

June 2018 Restricted COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aditri
India

Re: June 2018 Restricted COS

Post by aditri » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:10 am

How does havibg studied in the UK make a difference. There are no extra points as far as I know.

OneAnxiousTeacher
United States of America

Post by OneAnxiousTeacher » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:18 am

cali1234 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:46 am
OneAnxiousTeacher wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:34 am
cali1234 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:27 am
I wouldn’t suggest anyone resign from their jobs .. you all just speculating that nurses took up all the rcos and that’s why the point are so high this month .. it might not be the case might be just applicants with higher salary bands or other SOL besides the NHS !!! Don’t mess up your current job . As it might lead to a position where u are jobless .. I went through the same for a few months but I have taken up employment again and put Uk as a plan b ...

Why be sad about a country that probably doesn’t want you to be there, this is how their policy reflects, best is to live your life and
I don't know if it is fair to say the UK doesn't want us; I've always felt very welcome when visiting England, and British people were friendly and eager to know about where I came from and why I was visiting. I have spent a lot of time on various holidays in the UK, and if anything, I felt that most people were MORE interested and eager to know me because I was a foreigner with an accent. I think we need to remember that the UK is a very tiny island, and there just isn't enough space for anyone at all to come live: they are forced (by geography!) to limit immigration.
That’s a weird answer... you yourself say that UK is a very tiny island, and there just isn't enough space for anyone at all to come live: they are forced (by geography!) to limit immigration.... that’s exactly the same as saying they don’t want us.. and the biggest evidence of this is brexit...
I am not saying everyone is the same but Uk does have its fair share of people who don’t want immigrants and the government is also one which supports the hostile immigration policies ..
1. I'm sure there are British people who are hostile to immigrants, but I've spent a lot of time in the UK, and I never encountered one. I had many, many people smile when they heard my accent, then initiate conversation about where I am from and why I am there. The friendliness to me as a foreigner extended to people offering to show me places or pay for my coffee (more than once), etc. The Brits, in my experience, are very welcoming to a foreigner. When I'm visiting the UK, I sometimes feel that native British people would find me considerably less approachable and interesting if I spoke with their own accent. I have been touched and surprised at just how welcoming Brits are to me as a foreigner every time I am there. I don't believe that my visa was refused because the Brits as a whole are "hostile" to me.

2. Limiting immigration due to geographic limitations is not "hostile"; limiting immigration when one has vast amounts of space would be hostile. If I am driving a group of friends somewhere in my car and you ask for a lift, but I say no because there are no more available seats, this is quite different from me refusing while driving an empty car. (You know a country whose government IS currently hostile to immigrants? My homeland, the US. But that's another story, and a story that will change with our administration).

amazingbabu
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by amazingbabu » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:31 am

can one more colleague with 55 points confirm the refusal please ???

supervic93
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by supervic93 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:32 am

hiend wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:54 am
supervic93 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:06 am
hiend wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:05 am
supervic93 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:51 am

I’m also scheduled to join a banking graduate scheme. Have 50 points and was rejected for the second time. I’m aware that it’s not just me for my company, there are at least 10-15 of us. And probably many more in other positions from other firms. You’re not alone!

I don’t want to make this thread go off topic (is there a way to send a personal message?) but I’m wondering if the reason your employer may rescind the offer is because of the summer training program? I’m worried about this as well. And wondering if it’s possible to do it in another country where we don’t have visa issues? (Sorry again for taking this off topic - @moderator would like to send a message if that’s possible)
Are you guys graduated from a UK university?
No, I’m not unfortunately.
My employee told me that you have to be hired through milk round to get points. I am on the same boat with you but not eligible for points
What do you mean by "get points"? Do you mean your request for a restricted COS does not correspond to any points? I don't think that's possible, but I could be wrong. I'm not 100 percent clear on what a milkround process is, as I've never lived in the UK. I'm going to work for a graduate scheme but I applied directly online from outside the UK. I don't get any extra points for studying in the UK (since I never did) - if that's what you mean?

amazingbabu
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by amazingbabu » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:42 am

someone with 55 points please confirm the refusal !!!!!!

astana
Australia

Post by astana » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:43 am

Good luck to everyone in July. Posters have said that there are 2000 certificates + 300 unused and the nurses and doctors could add 800+ as well as trim off the backlog of 45-50 points so hoping for the best. I don’t know if my employer will want to try in August when the backlog could start clearing, they have already been kind enough to hold on for most of this year and have done a new RLMT but said they have a giving up point

In my life my biggest dream has been to move to the U.K. and I had 2 wonderful years there, grew up a lot, left even my books and some possessions there, and a happy relationship which has ended because of the visa limbo. I hope to return again, it truly feels like the “place” for me, even if it’s cold and the people can be shy and reserved!

I know things happen for a reason so to start the whole sponsorship process with a well paying job & sponsor willing to help you achieve your dreams is hard to lose. I feel hurt about it every day

Thank you to the people on this thread & especially people like optimist who kept my spirits up. I hope to be back soon and living my dreams but it’s really hard right now

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:57 am

amazingbabu wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:42 am
Can you please stop posting the same question every 10 minutes. You are spamming the topic repetitively and this will not be tolerated.

Members will post IF and WHEN they choose to.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

amazingbabu
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by amazingbabu » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:35 pm

@ moderator

For July, can I please request that we start two topics :
1) July RCOS - Discussions (for analysis, general discussion and speculation)
2) July RCOS - Results only - to be started on 11th July only

Discussions -Way off topics are occupying 70 % of each page

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:37 pm

amazingbabu wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:35 pm
@ moderator

For July, can I please request that we start two topics :

Discussions -Way off topics are occupying 70 % of each page
Already asked by another member AND responded to.
CR001 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:58 am
thevocalmonk wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:50 am
Sorry, this is way off topic and it becomes really difficult to sift through posts to find results.
Moderators - For July, can I please request that we start two topics :
No please, as it is incredibly difficult for even me (yes I am the only one moderating these RCoS threads) to sift through the nonsense and sneaky posting of third party weblinks and other stuff not permitted to be posted. Having a discussion topic will just make it 100 times worse, as persistent experience in the past has shown, and if you want examples, I certainly can show you topics that ended up running into over 1000 pages.

I fail to understand why members cannot simply post what is relevant to a thread instead of all the other irrelevant stuff. RCoS is not the only topic on the forum that demands so much of our time (we are unpaid by the way).

I for one, pity every person that gets pinging notifications of a post and all it is yet another person posting the same repetitive question such 'anyone with x point hear today'!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

advent26
India

Post by advent26 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:56 pm

amazingbabu wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:42 am
Hey Babu
Kindly remain calm, so much of desperation and anxiety will lead you to nowhere.
Do stick by the rules of the portal.

blitzkrieg333
United Kingdom

Post by blitzkrieg333 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:03 pm

kiru17 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:35 am
blitzkrieg333 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:05 am
kiru17 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:00 am
krimurthy wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:48 am
Hey same here. Though I had shared the am going to Uk with only very closed ones still I have this feeling when will give them the good news good thing is that some people around me understand the situation.

However only we people here know ghe meaning of patience and frustration. Have been waiting from February I really hope I go through in august or September with 42 points. My employer is discussion the solution for this hope they make it 45 or 50 in august anyways am due for a new RLMT.

Only positive thing is the amount of new applications haven't increased drastically ita just the same applicants applying and there are instances where the employer have increased their salaries.

Whtever happens happens for good you never know what this delay means for you in life. Lets live the life.
Same with me too :( Had left my job 3 months back, thinking its just one month away for me to get visa n reach UK, Sadly was not at all aware of such a big process and the mess that was happening since Dec'17 until I started reading the posts in this forum .
Now there is huge gap growing in career too, without a job , just holding on to Hope, that 45 points will get through in July atleast :(

Until the points are increased, I do not see any light for 45 points to get through in the coming 2 months as well..! Hoping some magic to happen!
Thanks for sharing this. I too was thinking of quitting my job, but after reading your post, I think I should stay put!
Yes, for good sake.. do not resign now. I badly regret now that I hastily resigned..
Yes, I am not resigning just yet!

blitzkrieg333
United Kingdom

Post by blitzkrieg333 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:19 pm

astana wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:43 am
Good luck to everyone in July. Posters have said that there are 2000 certificates + 300 unused and the nurses and doctors could add 800+ as well as trim off the backlog of 45-50 points so hoping for the best. I don’t know if my employer will want to try in August when the backlog could start clearing, they have already been kind enough to hold on for most of this year and have done a new RLMT but said they have a giving up point

In my life my biggest dream has been to move to the U.K. and I had 2 wonderful years there, grew up a lot, left even my books and some possessions there, and a happy relationship which has ended because of the visa limbo. I hope to return again, it truly feels like the “place” for me, even if it’s cold and the people can be shy and reserved!

I know things happen for a reason so to start the whole sponsorship process with a well paying job & sponsor willing to help you achieve your dreams is hard to lose. I feel hurt about it every day

Thank you to the people on this thread & especially people like optimist who kept my spirits up. I hope to be back soon and living my dreams but it’s really hard right now
I can understand your situation mate, as I share the same sentiments as highlighted above. Hard luck for us! But hope we all can make it to the UK one day!

rcos_1
Newly Registered
India

Post by rcos_1 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:23 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am a IT professional with 30 points sal 30,600.non nhs,non sol

My employer has been applying since 4 months and i know its been refused.

I was visiting a link related to tier 2 visa info and saw two urls:
Link1:
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/eligibility
Its states the salary range should start from 30,000 k or above to apply for tier 2 general visa for successful rcos

Link2:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 2.0ext.pdf
under page 7 says that:
• prevents the sponsor from submitting the application if either:
o they do not hold the appropriate rating in the appropriate tier
o the application does not score the minimum 32 points required

my employer is able to apply and every time its getting refused.
Do you guys exactly know how much minimum points are required to get the rcos successfull.I dont worry if it happens after 6 months down the line .
My worry is does my rcos application even eligible to get a cos ?

JKU
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by JKU » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:26 pm

Anyone else still waiting? Or is it safe to assume try again for next month? Have 55 pts and non-sol

advent26
India

Post by advent26 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:29 pm

Hey

Kindly sift through the pages so that you will have an idea how the system runs and works.
To answer your question, there is no specific number that you can tell for each month, as it varies with different aspirants applying each month.
You can also sift through previous months cut offs on how the applications were accepted.

PreA
Newly Registered
India

Post by PreA » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:39 pm

56K salary, non SOL, non NHS - No Updates yet!

reshn
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Post by reshn » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:40 pm

If anyone with nhs has been rejected or accepted so far please let us know. Will be interesting to see if any nhs non sol went through this month.

Desire2145
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Desire2145 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:47 pm

reshn wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:40 pm
If anyone with nhs has been rejected or accepted so far please let us know. Will be interesting to see if any nhs non sol went through this month.
Still waiting with 50 points . NHS NON SOL

keenm8
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by keenm8 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:57 pm

In the 55 point tier and no word yet either. Non NHS non SOL.

PreA
Newly Registered
India

Post by PreA » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:02 pm

56K salary, non SOL, non NHS - Refused! My HR just confirmed.

Pouf101
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Pouf101 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:05 pm

Also 55 non-shortage non-NHS and awaiting update.

It may well be that my employer received it today and is speaking with our lawyer / figuring out our game plan before breaking the news to me. This is our 2nd try (was just under the salary treshold for 55 points last month so we raised it slightly).

supervic93
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by supervic93 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:26 pm

Just wanted you all to know I spoke with my immigration consultant today who said "I can confirm that the salary banding of £55,000 to £59,999 have been refused this month." I'm sorry for those that that affects. Feeling disheartened with my 50 points, and hope the best for everyone at 55 and below for the future.

thisB
Canada

Post by thisB » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:36 pm

rcos_1 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:23 pm
Hi Everyone,

Link1:
Its states the salary range should start from 30,000 k or above to apply for tier 2 general visa for successful rcos

Link2:
under page 7 says that:

Do you guys exactly know how much minimum points are required to get the rcos successfull.I dont worry if it happens after 6 months down the line .
I think a few months ago this was confirmed as a typo. It's also an internal document, the public information all says 30 points.

aic
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by aic » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:52 pm

Desire2145 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:47 pm
reshn wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:40 pm
Still waiting with 50 points . NHS NON SOL
Kindly update when get any news.

rcos_1
Newly Registered
India

Post by rcos_1 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:55 pm

thisB wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:36 pm
rcos_1 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:23 pm
Hi Everyone,

Link1:

Link2:
under page 7 says that:

I think a few months ago this was confirmed as a typo. It's also an internal document, the public information all says 30 points.
Thanks a lot. Do you have any link or any info which says it was a typo ?