ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question regarring my stay in UK before Tier 2

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahed011
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Question regarring my stay in UK before Tier 2

Post by shahed011 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:29 pm

Hi,

I am on Tier 2 general visa and was on for last 5 years and 2 months. I am making my ILR application next week.

Before me started working on Tier 2 visa, I was doing my masters and was on Tier 4 visa.

On my ILR application, I stated the date when I entered UK on Tier 4 visa as my first entry date for this ILR applciation start period because I did not leave UK for holiday or for any reason until after 8 months of working on Tier 2 visa.

Now on the online IRL application, at the end, it did ask for a document such as :

"For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules. For further information concerning the evidence required, please refer to the Tier 2 migrant policy guidance on our website"

Does anyone know what is expected here? I am a bit confused. Any help will be highly appriciated.

Thank you,

Shahed

shahed011
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Question regarring my stay in UK before Tier 2

Post by shahed011 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:15 pm

Just an additional question, as this is an online application, I can change my entry to UK date. Shall it be the day my tier 2 visa started or the day I entered physically to UK which was in tier 4 student visa?

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:55 pm

shahed011 wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:15 pm
Just an additional question, as this is an online application, I can change my entry to UK date. Shall it be the day my tier 2 visa started or the day I entered physically to UK which was in tier 4 student visa?
I assume you are currently applying ILR based on completing 5 yrs in Tier 2 Gen 5 years route and filling online SET O form.

In that case for the question "When did you first enter the UK?"

"This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started"

based on the help text giving in online appl form , this should be the date the tier 2 Gen visa issued or the date you entered UK based on the tier 2 Gen visa...

shahed011
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by shahed011 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:58 pm

Hi,

thank you for your help. If it is the day of the tier 2 general visa is issued, that's fine. But I was already in Uk when I was issued tier 2 visa. So I physically did not enter the country for tier 2 visa, that was for tier 4.

So in my case, entry to UK date should be the day I got my Tier 2 visa? As I was already in UK?

Kind regards,

Shahed

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:19 am

shahed011 wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:58 pm
Hi,

thank you for your help. If it is the day of the tier 2 general visa is issued, that's fine. But I was already in Uk when I was issued tier 2 visa. So I physically did not enter the country for tier 2 visa, that was for tier 4.

So in my case, entry to UK date should be the day I got my Tier 2 visa? As I was already in UK?

Kind regards,

Shahed
The correct answer is the day your first tier 2 visa was granted since you are applying for ILR via 5 yrs Tier 2
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

shahed011
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by shahed011 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:27 pm

Djsuccess wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:19 am
shahed011 wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:58 pm
Hi,

Kind regards,

Shahed
The correct answer is the day your first tier 2 visa was granted since you are applying for ILR via 5 yrs Tier 2
Thank you to both of you for your help. Have a great day.

shahed011
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by shahed011 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:29 pm

Just wondering, does anyone know what document I should provide for this:

"For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules. For further information concerning the evidence required, please refer to the Tier 2 migrant policy guidance on our website"

Before being on Tier 2, I was on Tier 4 student visa. So just the visa stamp on my passport?

Thank you.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:45 pm

shahed011 wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:29 pm
Just wondering, does anyone know what document I should provide for this:

Before being on Tier 2, I was on Tier 4 student visa. So just the visa stamp on my passport?
Yes,

Thank you.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.