ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Where has my passport application gone??

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Zacuk
Newly Registered

Where has my passport application gone??

Post by Zacuk » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:34 pm

Hi,

I applied for both the British citizenship and the passport together. After waiting for 23 days post-ceremony, I contacted the Passport office to check what is the status of my passport. They told me that there is no record of my application. This is happening despite that fact that I already have got British Citizenship on the basis of aforementioned combined application. Any suggestions what should I do please? Thanks.

Here is their response:

"Thank you for your enquiry regarding your passport application.

We have no record of your passport application being submitted to the office under the details that have been provided.

In this case we would suggest you contact the local authority that have submitted the application and request for confirmation your application has been submitted."

ni_uk
Newly Registered

Re: Where has my passport application gone??

Post by ni_uk » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:04 pm

Passport only comes aftre the citizenship ceremony has been attended.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:26 pm

ni_uk wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:04 pm
The OP has clearly stated that they have already attending their ceremony!!
After waiting for 23 days post-ceremony,
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:27 pm

ni_uk wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:04 pm
23 days post ceremony is mentioned by OP, Did the Passport fee get deducted? Get in touch with council.

TheRock9
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by TheRock9 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:39 am

Hi,

If you applied through JCAP, you can track it through online form, send them the bar code number which council stick o your JCAP receipt.

If still Passport people say they dont have any records and your passport fee was never deducted, then please contact council.

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.