ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

financial requirement for spouse of an IT contractor - spouse visa extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

krish1989

Spouse visa extension after 33 months

Post by krish1989 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:53 am

Hi all,

I have a query around my wife's extension after 33 months on being on spouse visa.

My wife got her spouse visa in Oct 2015. The visa was given for 33 months valid from 15/10/2015 to 15/07/2018.

Now we are preparing for her spouse visa extension (on the basis of me being a British citizen).

The questions I have

1. I am planning on applying for an in-person appointment. Do I need to book appointment first and then fill in the application form online.

2. What is the link for doing so as the gov website seems quite confusing to me. I have tried to apply online and it took me straight to booking an appointment after asking for some minimal information. I have booked the appointment on 28th June but that looks wrong to me as I have not completed any application form.

3. Also, during the last 33 months my wife has spent around 6 months continuously in India due to some commitments back home. Will that cause any issues.

My wife is now in the UK with me and we are trying to apply for the extension.

Please let me know which link should be used when applying and whether the application form must be filled in before booking an in-person appointment.

Thanks
Krish

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa extension after 33 months

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:30 am

1. I am planning on applying for an in-person appointment. Do I need to book appointment first and then fill in the application form online.
You can book an appointment and use the paper form OR you can use the online form and book an appointment as part of the process. It is your choice. Don't forget to pay the IHS fee.
2. What is the link for doing so as the gov website seems quite confusing to me. I have tried to apply online and it took me straight to booking an appointment after asking for some minimal information. I have booked the appointment on 28th June but that looks wrong to me as I have not completed any application form.
You need to start with the application. https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... ily-routes
If you have booked and paid already, I am not sure if you can now use the online form.
3. Also, during the last 33 months my wife has spent around 6 months continuously in India due to some commitments back home. Will that cause any issues.
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

krish1989

Post by krish1989 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:09 pm

That is great. Thanks a lot for the clarification.

In terms of the physical application form to be downloaded, printed to be filled in. is it the FLR(M) application form?

Thanks again for the information.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:29 pm

krish1989 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:09 pm
is it the FLR(M) application form?
Yes
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

krish1989

financial requirement for spouse of an IT contractor - spouse visa extension

Post by krish1989 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:42 am

Hi,

My wife is applying for a spouse visa extension next week. I have a question in section 7A of the FLR(M) application form. I work as a contractor at client sites (have my own limited company) and my wife is a 50% shareholder and employee in my company.

The company's year runs from July to June. Since the application is next week, I cant provide the full 12 months accounts for the company. My accountant suggested that we can file accounts just for 11 months and provide relevant documents just for 11 months. we meet the financial requirement just by taking into account 11 months. Now, the queries I have

1. is it OK to show 11 months unaudited accounts rather than wait for the full year to pass through to provide the full year accounts
2. In section 7.3 of the application form, I presume I need to tick the 'Income from Self employment option', however am not sure if I need to choose 'Category F' or 'Category G'
3. Should she state that she is self-employed and do we need to show the salary she's been receiving as part of the self-employment.

Thanks,
Krish

krish1989

Re: financial requirement for spouse of an IT contractor - spouse visa extension

Post by krish1989 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:52 pm

Any ideas, would be greatly appreciated. the appoinment for the visa is 28/06 (thursday next week).

Also, one other question.

Sponsor's bank statements - I haven't got 11 month bank statements covering the same period as the ones stated above. I have just sourced a paper statement from bank branch where they printed off the statements on plain paper (not bank letter heads) but stamped them.

Will the above work.

Thanks,
Krish

krish1989

Re: financial requirement for spouse of an IT contractor - spouse visa extension

Post by krish1989 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:21 pm

Any ideas on the above?

I am waiting to fill in section 7 of the flr(m) application form. My accountant has filed accounts for 11 months from July 2017 to May 2018. This will mean that it doesn't tie in with the '12 months' that has been stated on the guidance.

Thanks,
Krish

KVP

Post by KVP » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:00 pm

- Your accountant shortened the company financial year to 11 months.
https://www.gov.uk/change-your-companys-year-end
- Hope you have filed with HMRC and all tax payments are done.

Given the situation (your appointment is tomorrow 28/06), I think you will be fine as you are meeting earning threshold in last full financial year (11 months in your case) prior to your application date.

However you carry additional docs like payslip/P60, Previous CT600, bank statement, Personal tax return, etc,. (for the remaining period of 12 months - which your latest CT600 doesn't cover) to show to Case worker if he/she still wants to see.

They might want to see if you are Self-employed for whole 12 months prior to your application.

Also you may mention in your cover letter that you are meeting threshold amount in 11 months because your shortened the financial year of the company and that you are ready to provide additional docs if caseworker wants to see.

KVP

Post by KVP » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:20 am

Hi Krish,

How was your appointment and outcome of your spouse Visa FLR-M extension?

Please share your experience.

Thanks.

krish1989

Post by krish1989 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:06 pm

Thanks for the reply, really appreciate your help on this. she has been granted visa for 30 months after I submitted latest year accounts. the following were the docs I submitted as far as the finances were concerned.

1. CT 600 and the reference from hmrc that it has been filed
2. evidence from gov gateway that corp tax has been paid for last year, as no ack now from hmrc
3. unaudited accounts
4. evidence of registration with registrar of companies at companies house
5. current appointment report
6. pay slips
7. business bank statements
8. personal bank statements
9. dividend vouchers
10. sa302
11. incorporation certificate.
12. letter from accountant

thanks,

KVP

Post by KVP » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:48 pm

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply. It helps me and others in same situation.

The point here is that they are accepting 11 months of CT600.

They usually give visa for 33 months. don't know why 30 months for you.

All the best anyway!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:51 pm

KVP wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:48 pm
Hi ,

They usually give visa for 33 months. don't know why 30 months for you.

All the best anyway!
33 months is the ENTRY clearance spouse visa. 30 months if the EXTENSION within the UK visa validity, which is what the user applied for, an extension!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.