ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependant extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

drali444
United Kingdom

Tier 2 dependant extension

Post by drali444 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:47 pm

I have got ILR via tier 2 route. My wife is tier 2 dependant but her visa is 8 months short of her ILR so I am planning to apply for her tier 2 dependant visa.
--Can I apply for only 1 year visa so i don't have to pay for more health surcharge?
-- Once she gets ILR, will she have to wait for a year to apply for naturalisation or can it be quicker as I will be UK national by then.
Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 dependant extension

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:04 pm

A PBS dependent extension will be for 3 years as stated in the immigrations rules. You cannot choose a lesser period for the extension.

If she gets ilr then yes if you are British and she meets the spouse of BC 3 year residence requirement, including physically present at the start of the 3 year period, then she can. Not necessarily quicker simply because you are British no.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

drali444
United Kingdom

Post by drali444 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:17 pm

Thank you CR001 for your quick reply. Really grateful.
Can I please clarify the second part of the question.

Assuming I am british national and she has got her ILR, do we need to be living together for 3 years after my BC status for this?
We have been living together in Uk since 2014.
Just trying to identify the quickest way for her to get BC status in our case. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:23 pm

Assuming I am british national and she has got her ILR, do we need to be living together for 3 years after my BC status for this?
No.
Just trying to identify the quickest way for her to get BC status in our case.

Once she has ILR she can apply for citizenship IF you are British at that time, no need to wait 12 months. There are no special 'speedy' services just because she is the spouse of a BC. She follows the same checks and requirements as all other applicants.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

drali444
United Kingdom

Post by drali444 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:33 pm

Thank you..that answers my question.