ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Dependants Application- What are the Current rules?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

goodmann

ILR Dependants Application- What are the Current rules?

Post by goodmann » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:14 am

Dear forum members,
It is time to extend my wife and son's Leave to Remain (2nd stage). I am on ILR tru Long Residence. As rules and requirements keep changing, I humbly invite members to please point me in the right direction. What are the current rules, requirements, fees etc.?
Goodmann.
We Live by God's Grace

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Dependants Application- What are the Current rules?

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:17 am

Spouse needs A2 English.

You need to meet the financial requirement of £22,400pa with minimum 6 months evidence, depending on how you meet the requirements.

You need to provide 2 years evidence of cohabitation evidence. Page 63/64 of FLR(M) tells you what HO expect to see.
It is time to extend my wife and son's Leave to Remain (2nd stage).
What do you mean by '2nd stage' Leave to Remain??? Usefully to state the UK immigration history as your previous posts are vague on the dependents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

goodmann

Post by goodmann » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:45 am

Thank you for your response.
By 2nd stage I mean 'Extension'. After I was granted ILR based on Long Residence, I changed them from Tier1G dependant to ILR dependant, that Leave expires in 3month's time and we need to extend it.
We Live by God's Grace

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:50 am

Presumably you mean FLR(M). They need to extend on FLR(M) again and meet all the same requirements. The only change is the English A2 for an extension (A1 no longer accepted).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

goodmann

Post by goodmann » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:58 am

Thank you very much for the information
We Live by God's Grace

goodmann

Post by goodmann » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:04 pm

goodmann wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:45 am
After I was granted ILR based on Long Residence, I changed them from Tier1G dependant to ILR dependant, that Leave expires in 3month's time and we need to extend it.
My wife + son have now spent more than 5 continuous years as my dependant in the UK. First 34months as my T1 General dependant, then last 28 months as my settled person(tru Long Residence) dependants.
Since they have always been legit, never travelled outside UK since arrival, we have 2 British children already; can they apply for ILR now instead of extension?? I know my wife must pass B1 and Life in the UK for this.
I am still on ILR.
We Live by God's Grace

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:44 pm

No, they do not qualify for ILR based on 5 years residence. They must have 5 years on FLR(M) before they can apply for ILR. Time spent on Tier 1 G Dep cannot be used to make up 5 years.

Their clock was reset to zero for 5 years ILR when they applied on FLR(M) after you got ILR based on long residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

goodmann

Post by goodmann » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:11 pm

Many thanks CR001 for your response.
I knew this when I applied to settle tru Long Residence, but I am thinking n hoping that Home Office would make life easier for us.
But shouldn't we be able to combine the years? I believe there are many of us in this category, perhaps we should come together and call on HO to look into it, yes?
We Live by God's Grace

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:24 pm

The rules were already changed in April 2014 which removed the ability of PBS Dependents to combine PBS dependent time with FLR(M) time to make up 5 years for ILR.

immigration-for-family-members/dependan ... l#p1007877

Your dependents will have to renew and wait 5 years on FLR(M).
Char (CR001 not Casa)