ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence evidence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

longgapilr

Residence evidence

Post by longgapilr » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:22 pm

Dear members,

Thank you very much for the great advice you give on this forum.

My background:

Date first arrived in the UK: 31 Jan 2012
Nationality: Non-EEA
Visa type: Tier 2 General
ILR grant date: 7 Aug 2017
Marital status: Married, 2 kids (wife – Non-EEA, got the ILR after me; one of the kids got the British passport after I got the ILR)

Could you please help me with the following queries about naturalisation?

1. Method of application: NCS vs NDRS? Please advise what is the current wisdom/consensus among the forum gurus/veterans on this question.

2. I read somewhere on this forum (don’t remember where exactly) that I must be present in the UK when the Home Office receive my application. Is this true (I haven’t seen this in any of the official docs)? If yes, please advise what date is the date Home Office receive my application if I apply via NCS/NDRS? Shortly before and after I apply for the naturalisation, I may not be in the UK due to business and holiday travel.

3. Residence requirement:

a. My current passport was issued in 2016. I don’t have the original of my previous passport because our government keeps the old passports and doesn’t return them to us when we renew our passports. I only have a copy certified in English by a notary public in my home country. When I applied for the ILR in 2017, I explained this in a cover letter.

b. When I applied for the ILR in 2017, I had original letters from employers with detailed tables of absences. I don’t have the originals of these letters now because I think (not 100% sure) Home Office kept the originals when I applied for the ILR. I only have copies of these letters. Do I have to have the originals of these letters? Do I even have to submit these letters if I am submitting the P60s (please see below)?

c. I have the P60 for the tax years 2014-2017. 2014 P60 is for the tax year ended 5 Apr 2014, therefore, covers the period starting from 6 Apr 2013. I need to provide evidence of residence starting from 7 Aug 2013 if I apply for the naturalisation on 7 Apr 2018.

d. I was receiving benefits during Nov 2017 – Mar 2018 and have the benefits documentation. I was registered as self-employed during the period Jan-Mar 2018 (no limited company, no income; only registered as self-employed with HMRC) and in Mar 2018 I became a contractor working through my own limited company where I am an employee and a director and my wife and I are the shareholders. I don’t yet have the 2018 self-assessment because it is not due until Jan 2019. Do I need to have the 2018 self-assessment done before I apply for naturalisation on 7 Aug 2018 even though I have till Jan 2019 to do it? I receive salary and dividends from my company. My accountants can provide all other documentation and letters necessary.

e. Given the above, please advise if I have sufficient proof of residence. I have some correspondence from the Home Office, HRMC and the NHS for the relevant period. Basically, my concern is that, when I applied for the ILR, I had the original letters from employers with the detailed tables of absences and now I don’t have the originals of those letters. Should I try to get those letters again from the ex-employers? Of course I have the usual council tax, utility bills and banks statements but I think Home Office won’t accept them, will they?

longgapilr

Re: Residence evidence

Post by longgapilr » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:15 am

Hi everyone, please advise if I need the original letters from employers, HMRC employment history (because I don’t have the original letters from employers) or if I need to obtain my travel history from the Home Office via a Subject Access Request (becaue I don’t have the original of my previous passport)?

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:15 pm

longgapilr wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:22 pm
Dear members,

Thank you very much for the great advice you give on this forum.

My background:

Date first arrived in the UK: 31 Jan 2012
Nationality: Non-EEA
Visa type: Tier 2 General
ILR grant date: 7 Aug 2017
Marital status: Married, 2 kids (wife – Non-EEA, got the ILR after me; one of the kids got the British passport after I got the ILR)

Could you please help me with the following queries about naturalisation?

1. Method of application: NCS vs NDRS? Please advise what is the current wisdom/consensus among the forum gurus/veterans on this question.
From my own experience. go for NCS or NDRS. with JCAP
first you will get native passport immediately back to you.
Apply with JCAP service , you will not have to spend money for fresh photos and process of countersign (same like refer.)

If application approved , your passport fee would be gone from your bank before you get approval news. so this is a way to track and status of your app.

NDRS vs NCS
I don't think there is difference in time frame of approval , check latest times lines from March 2018 onward.
When I called for NCS booking, registrar office advised me to go for online as it is more efficient (it was her opinion)

NDRS means you will apply online, online means you can delete and modify data As many times as you want. for mistakes you will not have to make your application black with signs.
Personal Review is easy. you can go through along with any other adult to avoid mistake and change immediately

but without JCAP for me both are useless until you want passports with you for any urgent travel.
2. I read somewhere on this forum (don’t remember where exactly) that I must be present in the UK when the Home Office receive my application. Is this true (I haven’t seen this in any of the official docs)? If yes, please advise what date is the date Home Office receive my application if I apply via NCS/NDRS? Shortly before and after I apply for the naturalisation, I may not be in the UK due to business and holiday travel.
IMO, not sure
3. Residence requirement:
Certified/Notarised should be acceptable.
a. My current passport was issued in 2016. I don’t have the original of my previous passport because our government keeps the old passports and doesn’t return them to us when we renew our passports. I only have a copy certified in English by a notary public in my home country. When I applied for the ILR in 2017, I explained this in a cover letter.

b. When I applied for the ILR in 2017, I had original letters from employers with detailed tables of absences. I don’t have the originals of these letters now because I think (not 100% sure) Home Office kept the originals when I applied for the ILR. I only have copies of these letters. Do I have to have the originals of these letters? Do I even have to submit these letters if I am submitting the P60s (please see below)?

c. I have the P60 for the tax years 2014-2017. 2014 P60 is for the tax year ended 5 Apr 2014, therefore, covers the period starting from 6 Apr 2013. I need to provide evidence of residence starting from 7 Aug 2013 if I apply for the naturalisation on 7 Apr 2018.
d. I was receiving benefits during Nov 2017 – Mar 2018 and have the benefits documentation. I was registered as self-employed during the period Jan-Mar 2018 (no limited company, no income; only registered as self-employed with HMRC) and in Mar 2018 I became a contractor working through my own limited company where I am an employee and a director and my wife and I are the shareholders. I don’t yet have the 2018 self-assessment because it is not due until Jan 2019. Do I need to have the 2018 self-assessment done before I apply for naturalisation on 7 Aug 2018 even though I have till Jan 2019 to do it? I receive salary and dividends from my company. My accountants can provide all other documentation and letters necessary.
Seniors please...
e. Given the above, please advise if I have sufficient proof of residence. I have some correspondence from the Home Office, HRMC and the NHS for the relevant period. Basically, my concern is that, when I applied for the ILR, I had the original letters from employers with the detailed tables of absences and now I don’t have the originals of those letters. Should I try to get those letters again from the ex-employers? Of course I have the usual council tax, utility bills and banks statements but I think Home Office won’t accept them, will they?
Khurram

longgapilr

Post by longgapilr » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:17 pm

Do I need to have the 2018 self-assessment done before I apply for naturalisation on 7 Aug 2018 even though I have till Jan 2019 to do it?